He's biding his time....in BB we trust.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

He's biding his time....in BB we trust.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: He's biding his time....in BB we trust.

Just like you don't pay players for past production, you have to hold coaches to the same pedigree.

I trusted BB, and we're 5 years in and still looking for a cornerback.

We're three years in and still have one of the bottom 5 secondaries.

BB is good, but he isn't perfect. Not all of his moves have worked out, so I think it's naive to say he has the perfect move planned.

IMO, he gambled with low balling Welker, not thinking he would get something elsewhere, Welker called the bluff and is now threatening to go to DEn.

Edelman and Amendola are not locked up yet. Even if they are, I don't expect them to be able to replace him.

Just like they weren't able to replace Seymour, Samuel, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

saw this quote..........   "That plan, simply, is to let opposing passers rack up yardage. Rather than expend an endless amount of energy fighting the uphill battle of stopping passing offenses in a league designed for passing, Belichick and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia appear to instill just one absolute in their defense: Force turnovers."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

I have to say I am quite surprised that the Pats haven't done anything yet.  I look at the NFL site and see quality players dropping off like crazy and yet not a single thing for the Pats.  I just hope they didn't overplay their hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Same old story! Same old problems year after year.  Last I checked very good players aren't waiting at the Patriots door to take less mone to get a ring.  Problem is the last ring was a while ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Just like you don't pay players for past production, you have to hold coaches to the same pedigree.

I trusted BB, and we're 5 years in and still looking for a cornerback.

We're three years in and still have one of the bottom 5 secondaries.

BB is good, but he isn't perfect. Not all of his moves have worked out, so I think it's naive to say he has the perfect move planned.

IMO, he gambled with low balling Welker, not thinking he would get something elsewhere, Welker called the bluff and is now threatening to go to DEn.

Edelman and Amendola are not locked up yet. Even if they are, I don't expect them to be able to replace him.

Just like they weren't able to replace Seymour, Samuel, etc.

+1 well said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

saw this quote..........   "That plan, simply, is to let opposing passers rack up yardage. Rather than expend an endless amount of energy fighting the uphill battle of stopping passing offenses in a league designed for passing, Belichick and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia appear to instill just one absolute in their defense: Force turnovers."

And that's the problem. When they don't force fumbles, they lose....they can't win without forcing turnovers...just as they did to the Ravens and Giants.

Good QBs don't make the same turnovers as a lot of scrubs. Whose the best QB the Pats have beaten in the playoffs?

Flacco? Pats were an inch from losing the game.

Rivers? He was playing on a torn ACL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

ever feel like BB and Brady aren't on the same page in the preseason?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

C'mon. If the Pats dont sign Wes or Jennings, regardless of who they do sign, the WR group will be inferior to last year.

With the CB's and S's that are already off the board, if they dont sign Talib, the DB's will be worse than last year

Ditto with Vollmer and the OL...

The Pats will sign players and most likely they will sign some that will pan out. But who can they sign at WR and DB that will improve on last years play?

Cribbs doesn't excite me. I do hope Edelman, Woody and Arrington are back, at least we know what they can and cannot do. Last years free agent haul was very underwhelming. I dont see too much different so far this year with what is already off the board