Hey football gurus-question about uncapped year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey football gurus-question about uncapped year

Does anyone know when the uncapped year will begin, or if it will be an uncapped year. I've looked everywhere but can't find a date. It seems teams must be in a complete limbo right now not knowing what could happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Hey football gurus-question about uncapped year

Good Question, I hope it gets an answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"It seems teams must be in a complete limbo right now not knowing what could happen."

NEGAME, From what I know, That's exactly what it is...  I'm assuming The Collective Bargaining Talks will be this or next offseason...and now that you made mention, I'm not even sure.  With Vince Wilfork unsigned, I thought it was THIS year, but with all The Draftees coming out of College, I thought the CBA was next year because the draftees want the big bucks that's still available to early picks (perhaps it's after this year's draft?) 

In the end, From what I've heard (and personally believe), The Owners and Players will haggle back and forth, The Owners wanting to probably keep Team's Spending Limit around the same, The Players will want some Bigger Increase, BUT the Final Selling Point, will be The Owners giving in to a Bigger Increase towards the Players, While The Players will yield to The Owners stickling point of lowering the amount paid and putting limits towards all these untested early round picks of The NFL Draft...

~Hey gamer, was actually worried I hadn't seen you on here for awhile, considering the last time we had talked, We were discussing people we had missed on this board from year's past, and I had mentioned distancing myself at times, because one gets "Wrongly attached to Internet Friendships."  Hope ya didn't take that ta' heart, cause we love our regulars here, and I want you to know that you're a loving member of this community girl...    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

To my knowledge it would start after the SuperBowl....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Lets hope they resolve it sometime during this year or before next year otherwise we could see a lockout in 2011. How much of the season, will there be scabs playing like 87', could there not be a season if they have a lock out. Really hope they can come to some sort of an agreement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thank you Laz , reading every day but didn't have much to say. Now thinking about it I think it s just as well the season ended when it did The team was so flat, it seemed  they wanted it over too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Uncapped year starts after Superbowl. The reason this draft will be deepest maybe ever is this is the last draft before possible lock out in 2011 and also if they get a new CBA the rookie pool will be substantially altered. It is likely to include a slot system where a draft pick gets an assigned amount depending on the pick they were drafted at and it will be non-flexible and likely a lot less then what picks get now. No haggling over first contract. Because of this if as an underclassman you think you will go in first 3 roiunds you are coming out this year because if your not a first round pick after new CBA your deal will likely be substantially less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Also... even if a new CBA is worked out right now 2010 is uncapped. That was already decided a few months ago so teams could at least make plans knowing what 2010 would be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey thanks blade, I asked because I keep hearing "it could be an uncapped year",so even if they come to an agreement b4 the sb it's an uncapped year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Peter King was discussing this on something maybe it was the NFL network I don't remember but that is what he said. The teams last spring decided when they opted out of the CBA that 2010 would be an uncapped year regardless of when a new CBA was formed because of the hardship it would put on especially "small market" teams is I think how he put it in their ability to remain financially stable or viable or something like that.