Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.

20th in payroll for a team that is arguably 4 defensive upgrades away from being the best team in the NFL is inexcusable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.

In Response to Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.:
    20th in payroll for a team that is arguably 4 defensive upgrades away from being the best team in the NFL is inexcusable.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Hey, what's 20 million for a footbridge between taxpayers and football fans. I love any post that gives me a chance to call Kraft a P!MP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.

They are 20th in cap space, 19 teams have more cap space=19 teams spend less money. 

My understanding is it's not wise to get much closer than 5mil to the cap in case you need to sign someone from injury, or change a contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Hey Kraft, how bout less money toward "Patriot Place" and more money toward payroll.:
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Are you sure you didn't misread a chart?  We are 20th in terms of available cap space.  In other words, only 12 teams are spending more than we are on players.  There are 19 teams spending less for players.  Tampa Bay has over $22,000,000 left!!!!!  Here is the link I used: http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

[EDIT] shenanigan beat me to the punch...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I posted this last week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I love people that say stuff like this but have no feasable suggestions as to who should be brought in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

From a business standpoint, I don't mind that he's not spending more money. People like Robert Kraft didn't get rich by being stupid. If you, as a fan, honestly think that all these owners are in it for one thing (to make their fan base happy and joyous to come to the ballpark) then you're grossly misunderstanding. Just because you have that money available doesn't mean you just go out and spend it. The team WON THREE SUPER BOWLS with a) stringent cap management and b) great internal player development (which, I might add, requires PATIENCE!). They're not going to ditch that entire business philosophy with four games left in ONE SEASON with an 7-5 RECORD. Like they say, it's always easy to spend someone else's money. In business, each company has a competitive advantage; some firms spend wisely, some firms spend top dollar on everything and use money to fix problems, others invent and innovate, and others just go out and get better people to run things. Very rarely do companies ditch their ENTIRE PHILOSOPHY for one lousy year or one bad product. It just doesn't happen. Similarly, the Patriots competitive advantage is smart spending. They're not going to ditch that, folks. Be realistic.

From a football standpoint, even with bringing in top talent and paying them money, linemen have to block, receivers have to catch, quarterback has to make reads and not turn it over. Again, I don't see talent as an issue. I see EXECUTION as the issue. In three of our losses, Brady had some open receivers for touchdowns with which we could have one. Having a better receiver in place of Moss or Welker wasn't going to get it done still. Brady just had to make a better throw. Coaching all comes in play here. You can have a great pass rush but if you're not using it wisely and aggressively, your talent would just sit there. In that case, we'd be yelling to cut players or trade them on the cheap.

7-5. 1st place AFC East. Stay calm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I wish the whiney pathetic Pats fans would start to follow the Colts.  Kraft isnt cheap.  Get over it.  Go  have some cheese with your whine and leave the boards.  Take a dollar and buy a clue.
    The rest of us know Kraft is the best owner, and best thing to happen to the Pats ownership ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The money towards Patriots Place WILL go into payroll.

He built KraftWorld to generate revenue and to block the wind from the open end zone.  If the league becomes uncapped, then it could work to our advantage that he has a little extra money.  It's also nice for the players to stay at the hotel 200 yards away from the stadium and also to have the hospital right there.