Hey Matt Roth or Manny Lawson!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey Matt Roth or Manny Lawson!!!

We're waiting for you, bros! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Hey Matt Roth or Manny Lawson!!!

Roth seems like the perfect fit for the Pats. Can't wait until Friday at 6 when FA's that weren't released can be officially signed. That's when you would hear who the Pats signed as FA's and most likely not a hour before hand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Matt Roth or Manny Lawson!!!:
    [QUOTE]Roth seems like the perfect fit for the Pats. Can't wait until Friday at 6 when FA's that weren't released can be officially signed. That's when you would hear who the Pats signed as FA's and most likely not a hour before hand
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

yup.  reiss pointed out that the patriots prefer to fly under the radar, and their type of free agents would respect this and wait until the time came to announce it instead of leaking it like a lot of other guys have leaked information

so we'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't think we have anymore holes to fill besides that LOLB position now. Let's hope for good health from our guys. =) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats could be done right now and they've already vastly improved this squad through the draft and FA. This was a 14-2 team last year as well.

But, given the release of TBC, it would be nice to see them pull some strings and get another body in there for the edge.

Would it be too much to start hoping for Ray Edwards now that the Pats are seemingly acquiring everone and their brother too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Im all set with Lawson , hes the reason GM's get fired. Projecting OLB's is very diffucult coming out of college. Im all for giving Roth a shot and would go out of my mind if we get Edwards. Funny i just txt'd that to someone about an hour ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I don't want to get greedy, but adding a little depth at OLB would make me feel totally ecstatic about the free agency period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Im all set with Lawson , hes the reason GM's get fired. Projecting OLB's is very diffucult coming out of college. Im all for giving Roth a shot and would go out of my mind if we get Edwards. Funny i just txt'd that to someone about an hour ago.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Edwards though

It's not hard to rush the passer with 4-6 blockers devoted to stopping Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and especially Jared Allen.

Edwards has probably never ever seen a double team in his NFL career there

I could see him being Derrick Burgess the Second

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats could be done right now and they've already vastly improved this squad through the draft and FA. This was a 14-2 team last year as well. But, given the release of TBC, it would be nice to see them pull some strings and get another body in there for the edge. Would it be too much to start hoping for Ray Edwards now that the Pats are seemingly acquiring everone and their brother too?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Let's see Bodden, Wright, Warren (Ty) and Haynesworth.  I think their done.  The defense will be vastly improved by nature of blocking assignments, etc.   The return of Bodden teamed with McCourty is huge. 

Regarding Ochocinco, his #'s were down likely, in my estimation, by having Owens on the team.  Ochocinco, Welker, the TE's.  I still say Moss has more talent, but for whatever reason, he shut down. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm with you guys on the edwards thing...the more time that goes by without his name popping up in a rumor, the more hopeful i get. but...i heard him on the radio the other day and he pretty much said that he's going to the highest bidder. no way thats the pats. they're probably waiting for asomugha to sign and then go to whoever lost out on him (the 49er's, texans, jets, cowboys and falcons could all use a DE). but it would be sweet....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't really have any stock in Edwards. It was really a name picked out of a hat as a joke because NE just nabbed two guys who are among the elite at their spot ... though Ocho isn't what he used to be ... or at least wasn't last season.

Personally, I think Ne is probably done major dealing and wheeling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I really think Matt Roth is an ideal fit for the Patriots........BB make it happen!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Hopefully BB has reached out to one of them if not both.

Both guys are still unsigned/uncommited which gives me hope that one may land here.

I was looking them up on a couple of websites and ran into info saying that Light is in discussion with NE right now which is also a good thing as I doubt Solder can come in and start day one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

No doubt i would be very surprised if he ended up here. Especially after all that $$$ Johnson just got. If we do bring him in , you can rest assure BB is in all out Darth-Vader mode lol. I wouldnt be shocked if we grab Roth , but i have to agree with Z. LOL We were 14-2 last year and had some hhmm locker-room issues , i mean we had some things going on. I mean im in Boston , but can only imagine how pumped these guys must be right now knowing they have two elite players on the way. As far as Chad not being what he was , id really wait and see on that. Teams were consistently double teaming him last year. I see no reason why he cant return to form and give us 11-1200/7-10 TD's. Houston just signed Jonathan Joseph.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We still have rookies to sign as well as our own free agents, I want Arrington locked up.  You'll see a lot more sacks now with a solid 3 man front, Cunningham and Ninkovich are every down outside linebackers, Guyton and others can play there in spot duty and the Eric Moore's can play end in 2/4/5 duty.

We can obsess over the dream sack-master linebacker but historically, in this defensive system, sacks come from everywhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd like to see them nab one of the OLB, then hopefully sign Matt Light to a one year deal just in case Solder isn't ready to start at the beginning of the season, and sign all their other picks by the middle of next week. Would be a great offseason in my books.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we get these 2 guys my FA shopping list is done. then to resign mankins/BJGE long term. this offseason kind of feels like 2007 when we fixed our weak spot at WR by bringing in moss, welker, stallworth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

ninkovich is better than roth... if you're going to upgrade there are only 2 options.. cliff avril and lamar woodley. roth and lawson would provide immediate depth, not a long term solution.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I think Roth is clearly better than Ninkovich. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

with the money they spent on CJ and Haynesworth, I don't know how much they got left to go after Lawson, Roth or Edwards. Anyone know how much is left to spend? Where are we on the cap?

I agree that our last piece to this puzzle is depth at OLB. If we acquired Roth, I think Nink, Cunningham and Roth would be a solid rotation. Don't know if Nink is better than Roth and frankly I don't care. We need 3 solid OLB's, and with Roth in the mix, that does the job. Let Carter, Moore fight it out for the last OLB spot.

I pray to the good football lord that Al comes to play and is in shape. If this is the case, that front 3 or 4 will be absolutely unstoppable. Add Roth to that mix with Cunningham/Nink, plus Mayo/SPikes/Fletcher/Guyton in the middle, and our front 7 is just about as good as anyone. THat is a tough crew to run on, and our secondary just got a lot better. This D could be top 5 ranked, or at least on paper has the potential to be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really have any stock in Edwards. It was really a name picked out of a hat as a joke because NE just nabbed two guys who are among the elite at their spot ... though Ocho isn't what he used to be ... or at least wasn't last season. Personally, I think Ne is probably done major dealing and wheeling.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You may be right, ZB, but think about this. During the draft, all the expert talking heads were spewing out their yearly refuse about how BB was "playing for next year" with all the trading down for extra picks. (Of course, smart folks understand BB is usually trading up, but in the following year.) But the Haynesworth and Ocho moves are non-mistakeable signals that the Pats are going for broke this year (and I think with Myra Kraft's passing, the vets who loved her are going to be in full-throttle "win-it-for-Myra" mode all year long).

Guys like Roth and Osi have to see this (or their agents will), so the question will come down to money vs. a legit shot at the Lombardi and ring. Osi has tasted it before, so he might not be as motivated (or might be salivating to taste it again). Point is, if I'm an unrestricted FA right now, NE looks like a pretty damn motivated franchise to go play for...I think there's more to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Has anyone heard anything about Lawson or Roth meeting with teams?