Hey NFL say hello to POTUS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Hey NFL say hello to POTUS

He doesn't like the brain injuries. I hope he makes an executive order and bars half the baltimore Ravens team from playing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/obama-concerned-about-brain-injuries-in-football/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Re: Hey NFL say hello to POTUS

Head injuries? 

Watched my older brother play high school ball in the 50s - made all state in PA in his junior and senior years - played tackle on offense and defense.  On a trap play got his leg jumped on deliberately.  Rest of his life he had trouble with that knee.  He loved the game - even played semi pro for a while, but the knee was always painful. 

Its not just head injuries that amateurs suffer its debilitating injuries to other parts of their bodies that are not covered by insurance or teams.    

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When you play a physically demanding sport in which human beings run at each other and collide at the fullest speed possible, injuries happen.  Plus, when you do it time and time again, you KNOW bumps and bruises, plus many other things, are the consequences.  Not a single NFL player has anyone else to blame but themselves for continuing to pursue this sport.  I know this is a much oft said phrase, but, no one has been forcing them to play the game.  Unless they can invent a force field that surrounds the head or in some miraculous fashion helmets NEVER collide, touch each other, or is hit by another player in any fashion, we may never see the end of injuries to the head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

He doesn't like the brain injuries. I hope he makes an executive order and bars half the baltimore Ravens team from playing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/obama-concerned-about-brain-injuries-in-football/

HA! Ravens have more than their fair sahre of thugs. Period. Great SNL skit of Ray Lewis last night. Good to laugh at anything Raven. 

President Obama states what has been evident for many years now- and expresses more injury concern about college players who aren't as protected or compensated as NFL players. I would extend that worry to high school players. Sport does need more regulation at the amatuer level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to kildog's comment:

Head injuries? 

Watched my older brother play high school ball in the 50s - made all state in PA in his junior and senior years - played tackle on offense and defense.  On a trap play got his leg jumped on deliberately.  Rest of his life he had trouble with that knee.  He loved the game - even played semi pro for a while, but the knee was always painful. 

Its not just head injuries that amateurs suffer its debilitating injuries to other parts of their bodies that are not covered by insurance or teams.    

Dealing with pain is one thing, head injuries are a different subject completely.

Knee injuries don't make you forget your family at 50, and leg injuries don't lead you to shooting yourself in the chest with a shotgun when a 35 ft fall off a cliff in a car doesn't do the job.

EVERY football player understands the risks to joints and limbs. Only now are people starting to understand, and look at the mental trauma these guys are dealing with that often doesn't show itself until years after playing.