Hey REVIS, the JETS are just not that into you anymore....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Hey REVIS, the JETS are just not that into you anymore....

I don't understand the Revis conversation on the board here at BDC. 

1) argue able fact: Revis has been the best CB in football or very close to it the past few years aside from injury.

2) un argue able fact: Revis really did not sign a great contract when he extended with the Jets. He signed an annual average contract of $11.5 million for 4 years. Namdi signed an annual average contract of $15.1 million. It is assumed that Talib will sign in the neighborhood of $8 million annual average. 

3) Revis contract was front loaded, so he has realized a good portion of his salary already

4) Revis has zero leverage. If he holds out, his contract locks in for the next 3 years at $9 million per (Talib money) If he sits out, he doesn't get paid, and his contract rolls over. 

Revis is making noise about being the highest paid defensive player in football. He is negotiating. I can see Revis signing 6/$80 with $35-$40 guaranteed. 

The Jets would be wise to trade Revis, as they need the draft choices to rebuild (or trade Cro for the draft choices). But taken in context of what Talib will ultimately get ( most likely not from the Pats) a Revis a deal with a $35-$40 million guarantee is not a bad deal. 

It appears that the49'ers have loaded up on draft choices. They have a weakness at CB. They have the $$$. They are SB contenders. Seems a no brainer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Does anyone on this post really care about the hapless Jests? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

Does anyone on this post really care about the hapless Jests? 

I think all the Jests fans do that haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969(nineteen Sixty Nine - 44 years) care.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Leave the Jesters alone while they get their backsides in order!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

1) argue able fact: Revis has been the best CB in football or very close to it the past few years aside from injury.

2) un argue able fact: Revis really did not sign a great contract when he extended with the Jets. He signed an annual average contract of $11.5 million for 4 years. Namdi signed an annual average contract of $15.1 million. It is assumed that Talib will sign in the neighborhood of $8 million annual average. 

3) Revis contract was front loaded, so he has realized a good portion of his salary already

4) Revis has zero leverage. If he holds out, his contract locks in for the next 3 years at $9 million per (Talib money) If he sits out, he doesn't get paid, and his contract rolls over. 

Revis is making noise about being the highest paid defensive player in football. He is negotiating. I can see Revis signing 6/$80 with $35-$40 guaranteed. 

The Jets would be wise to trade Revis, as they need the draft choices to rebuild (or trade Cro for the draft choices). But taken in context of what Talib will ultimately get ( most likely not from the Pats) a Revis a deal with a $35-$40 million guarantee is not a bad deal. 

It appears that the49'ers have loaded up on draft choices. They have a weakness at CB. They have the $$$. They are SB contenders. Seems a no brainer

Dont understand? This guy, while talented, puts himself before the team. Not a good guy to have any way you look at it.  I hope he is never a Patriot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Dont understand? This guy, while talented, puts himself before the team. Not a good guy to have any way you look at it.  I hope he is never a Patriot.

Exactly what did Revis do that Mankins, Vince, Assante, Ty etc, etc didn't do? Every player is trying to get the best deal possible (including TB) 

Everything spoken about Revis is that he is a model citizen and tremendous team mate. Re look at his actual salary the past few years. He actually got $3 million LESS per year than Namdi. 

Revis is negotiating. He will prove his health, sign a contract with someone with headlines that scream his perceived salary, but at the end of the day his guarantee will be slightly north of Brandon Carr, which it should be as the best CB in the NFL. 

Your telling me that if Revis is able to show complete health in July, and heis willing to sign a contract that each top CB is signing, you don't want him on he Pats? That is simply stupid.