Hey Rusty. Still liking your bet that Denver won't win the SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hey Rusty. Still liking your bet that Denver won't win the SB?

They are basically scoring at will.  I dont think even freezing weather can slow Gomer down because they are mostly doing it with short screens.  Uuuggghhhh...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Hey Rusty. Still liking your bet that Denver won't win the SB?

They are scary.  I'm not happy about it.  I just can not take Manning going to the SB, but there is no doubt about it, I have said they look like the team to beat since before the season started and I am afraid I was correct.  Unfortunately I think they will carve up the KC defense next weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I guarentee the Pats D will not look as bad as these other teams against the Broncos

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guarentee the Pats D will not look as bad as these other teams against the Broncos

[/QUOTE]

As long as Talib is on the field, Gregory gets back,  Arrington plays a lot better then he has been and Cole stays off the field then I would agree.  But if any of these 4 things don't happen then there will be some problems.  If 2 or more don't happen then look out, it could get ugly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

remember the recent sb champions didn`t look dominant in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Dominant? Scary? Hardly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dominant? Scary? Hardly.

[/QUOTE]

Dominant may be the wrong word, but definitely scary.  Manning is so annoying to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are basically scoring at will.  I dont think even freezing weather can slow Gomer down because they are mostly doing it with short screens.  Uuuggghhhh...

[/QUOTE]

good thing that the offense is coming back together because denvers going to put up some points in that game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

YES! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, THEY WONT win it. wait til KC beats them down next sunday! OVERRATED!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They look like all the Indy teams that did NOT win the SB, awesome O not good D, I wish at win SBs we'd have 2-4 more right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not sure I understand the point of this thread. 

There is no dominant fully complete team in the NFL as of now. 

There is a small core group of teams that have to be considered Super Bowl favorites (maybe five or six, 2 or 3 in each conference). 

There is another additional circle of teams that could get hot and win it all (some of that circle has yet to be defined, that's the kind of season it is. 

I put the Pats right on the edge between those two groups right now but likely to move into the core group if they can get their defensive guys situated (Talib and the pass defense), and keep the offensive weapons on the field. 

The Broncos are in that core group for sure and they could definitely win it all but they are not prohibitive favorites. 

It is good to keep in mind that while Peyton is arguably the greatest regular season QB of all time, he has certainly not played at the level in the postseason. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Peyton Manning will have an MRI on Monday to check his knee out.  Their future is riding on that MRI.  If okay then They will continue to be the team to beat.  The Chiefs offense is not good enough to score a lot of points and their defense is overrated. How many back up QB's have the Chiefs played the past 5 weeks? 5? 

We need Talib back bad to play the Broncos.  We don't match up very well with D. Thomas, Decker, Welker and J. Thomas.  Linebacks won't be able to play J. Thomas, he is as good for the Broncos as Gronk is for us.  Talib isn't going to play him because nobody else can play D. Thomas.  I assume Arrington will be on Welker and Denard will be on Decker.  A LB covering J. Thomas and you can say huge day for J. Thomas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if PM turns out to be okay, regarding his ankle/leg, I would tend to agree with Rusty, on this one.  It's going to be hard for the Broncos to win it when the team is watching from the stands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

It's a scary offense, granted though their defense can be scored upon (just like NE's).  It'll come down to - as most coaches say - execution!  The teams will be well prepared.  Expect to see a lot of fireworks - we could see a game that approaches 100 combined points between Denver and NE.  Hopefully, our teams ekes out a thrilling victory!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Scoring at will?  They put up 28 points by the 11:34 mark of the 3rd quarter then nothing after that.  Scoring at will would mean they kept scoring after that TD.

If anything can be said about Denver, they have put together an excellent offense in which most of their players remain healthy.  As has been said a lot around this board, the Broncos appear to represent the Pats of 2007.  An offense that plays lights out but a defense that can be scored upon.  What happens when Denver plays a team with a D that can stop/slow them with an offense that can put points on the board?  We shall see what happens to Denver as they approach some real tests in the upsoming 3 weeks.

On a final note:  Don't we all just wish the Pats hadn't lost Wilfork, Mayo and Vollmer at this juncture of the season?  Why can't the Pats keep their core healthy for an entire season? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good points across the board.  Manning's knee/ankle is probably fine.  I think he was just whining and being a baby, as usual, because he got beat up a little.  KC doesn't have the offensive fire-power to keep up with them, IMO.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with Russ. 

Denver is very good offensively but their defense can be scored on at will. 

If the pats O can run and can convert 3rd downs controlling the TOP, I am not worried about Denver. This can't be a shootout. Just keep Gomer off the field. We win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wonder if the OP knows that if Harv is wrong, it means the Pats don't win the SB as well...

Anyway, offensive superpowers have been proven to be overrated and overhyped going into the Post-Season. BB will stop them.