Hightower actually responded to Obama's Plea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Hightower actually responded to Obama's Plea

OK... this is getting serious...  "Yeah Bill...  ?  Right its Barrack....   Heard you chatting up your player Hightower and he's on my fantasy team....   Well y'know...  5 tackles...?   The guy lit up the frikkin combine...!  He's a freak...!   LIght a frikkin abomb under his asz ... you know what I'm sayin...?     thanks, BB...  "

Seriously... Hightower played his best game of his career.  Did anyone else get the sense that he looked like a different player this week.  He more than doubled his tackles from the previous week.   Explain...  Or was it just the Obama post....lol.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Hightower actually responded to Obama's Plea

Not sure it was Obamas doing but someone lit a fire to his but t. He showed a greater sense of urgency and looked interested in the game which is a great start but still needs to be put in more positions to make plays like when he blitzed, it looked effective. QBs dont want to get hit by him. It looks like the Pats either blitzed him on some run plays or he is making his run reads quicker. Good to see. Too bad they blew the whistle early on the turnover he created

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure it was Obamas doing but someone lit a fire to his but t. He showed a greater sense of urgency and looked interested in the game which is a great start but still needs to be put in more positions to make plays like when he blitzed, it looked effective. QBs dont want to get hit by him. It looks like the Pats either blitzed him on some run plays or he is making his run reads quicker. Good to see. Too bad they blew the whistle early on the turnover he created

[/QUOTE]

Agree ...  but the question I was getting at is howth'f does this happen.  you know?  Except he is a young player and maybe he just needed the extra confidence that comes from BB sticking with him while the entire world was climbing up his asz...  I dunno but that was exactly what htis defense needed.    ( and more of the same going forward.  )

I definitely noticed less of that passive stuff and more of him moving decisively,  and surprise surprise... plays were made.   Hopefully he got a taste of that and never looks back, while becoming more of a dominant player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'll buy into this when Hightower can do all of the following:

1) Cure a ham

2) Make a blind man lame

3) Know little about what he's doing

4) Know little about what's going on around him

5) Can organize his locker more professionally

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought he got better to the point where he literally wasn't the worst player on the field, because that's what he has been...the worst player out there...the guy they are pointing at saying "we pass or run towards that guy, it's going for ten plus yards...keep going to his direction".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Cure a ham

2) Make a blind man lame

[/QUOTE]
    I think his Alabama teammates losing to Auburn scared him....or being taken out  for many plays the game before sent him a harsh message...

[/QUOTE]

Ever notice that lately 'Bama players really haevn't been NFL "studs"? Same for most SEC players? Just wondering........... I wonder what's up with that? For instance, as great an offensive team the Gators were, their WR's were ALL NFL duds, as were their QB's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I was actually hoping some of the non HT-bashers might come on this thread and explain the sudden improvement and what may have led to the huge jump in results.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was actually hoping some of the non HT-bashers might come on this thread and explain the sudden improvement and what may have led to the huge jump in results.

[/QUOTE]

I figured having his snaps reduced really opened his eyes. He has to pull his ish together

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Cure a ham

2) Make a blind man lame

[/QUOTE]
    I think his Alabama teammates losing to Auburn scared him....or being taken out  for many plays the game before sent him a harsh message...

[/QUOTE]

Ever notice that lately 'Bama players really haevn't been NFL "studs"? Same for most SEC players? Just wondering........... I wonder what's up with that? For instance, as great an offensive team the Gators were, their WR's were ALL NFL duds, as were their QB's.

[/QUOTE]

They're talent is maxed out by the time they are drafted...they've received so much coaching at those highly competitive  football factories all y\ear long they are PRO's more so then  any other conference's players...that seesm to be it...and the RB's are all used up because they've been hit so much...have to get them by the time they finish they're Soph. year...any running back taken as a senior from the SEC has old, tired legs

[/QUOTE]

As opposed to  ...  Hightower who is fresh since he's been kind of posing for the SEC picture for like a couple years.  Hope he gets it finally what it takes to play in the NFL for this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Probably just an enigma.  He'll probably play like normal over that last few games.  We WERE playing the Brownies after all. Is Shawn Crable available?  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Cure a ham

2) Make a blind man lame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They're talent is maxed out by the time they are drafted...they've received so much coaching at those highly competitive  football factories all y\ear long they are PRO's more so then  any other conference's players...that seesm to be it...and the RB's are all used up because they've been hit so much...have to get them by the time they finish they're Soph. year...any running back taken as a senior from the SEC has old, tired legs

[/QUOTE]

That's a reach. But I can agree with "they read their own press clippings". I just believe that the SEC is overrated, winning hypothetical championships and all. Thanks to the national media hores, all SEC teams are playing in the "toughest conference" in football. Even today, after losing to Auburn and NOT winning their conference championship, they are rated higher than the Big 12 conference winner (Baylor) also with 1 loss. Used to be that when you lost, you'd shut up and sulk home. But, the media hores don't want to look bad, sthey prop 'em up with their loss somehow being "good". Why is it that other big conference teams don't get that luxury?

I give the SEC the NY Yankee treatment: ANYONE but them!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He'd get better advice from a container of cottage cheese.