Hightower or Artington: Who gets burned more time on Sunday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Hightower or Arrington: Who gets burned most often on Sunday?

We all know how bad this defense is and Balt has capitalized on our poor zone defense and tackling by running the hurry up basically all day.

SO....who gets burned the most by Flacco and Co, the overweight slow Hightower or the always out of position Arrington?

I am guessing that we get killed by TE passes up the middle all night and then get blown up over the top. Unless McCourty and Talib have monster games, this secondary will be in a world of hurt!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Hightower or Artington: Who gets burned more time on Sunday?

this is an Arrington type of day. he'll be on Marlon Brown or Jacoby Jones sunday which is burn city....

ray rice cant find anything this year so he'll make hightower look decent

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

"Hi I am deadhead, Ill post on a thread, but only one sentence is about the topic and I use it to spin it into my own agenda."

We get it dude, the offevse is not great this year. However this thread is a out defense, which has been bad for arguably the past 9-7 years!

you're a joke of you think that Hightower and Arrington don't deserve a ton of criticism!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

literally have stated the offense has been inconsistent all week yet you fail to reconize that because all you see is me saying the D is bad too.

my opinon the offense has a TON to improve on yet the defense has A TON to improve on as well.....

open your eyes. ball sides of the balll suck. when one side is on the other is off and vise versa

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Arrington will get burned the most.  Then he will get benched and Cole will get burned just as much.  So I gotta go with a tie here between Arrington and Cole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arrington will get burned the most.  Then he will get benched and Cole will get burned just as much.  So I gotta go with a tie here between Arrington and Cole.

[/QUOTE]

please im getting nightmares. if marquice cole sees the field this weekend im done. the game is over. i'd rather see edelman out there (which ive said before lol)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Hightower. The surprise to me is that other teams don't force him to cover on every down.

Even Ted Johnson was a better cover LB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123six. Show 123six's posts

I actually have more confidence in the D right now...they need to open up the offense earlier to put points on the board and force the other offense to be one dimensional.  Haven't seen that in weeks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You two are a joke. The D was just fine for 57 minutes on Sunday, but the offense played with its pud in the entire 3rd and wasted 7 minutes of clock for 3 frigggin points to start the 4th. That was after a slow start again in the first half.  It took them all of the first half to even get a TD, almost as bad as the week before vs the Browns.

The defense allowed 6 points in the first half vs Cleveland and the offense did nothing for 2.5 qtrs with Gronk on the field.  This cannot continue.  The offense has been ATROCIOUS the last 2 weeks thinking it can piszs time away and waste drives like they are special and want to make it about as challenging as possible until the very last minutes. 

Brady has got to improve how he leads this offense.  

It sure sounds like this is an OFFENSE THAT SUCKS. SUCKS. It has sucked and will continue to suck with Gronk, without him, until Brady and McDaniels can get their heads out of their collective asszes.

Let's hope Brady does not throw 50 times again, securing a loss again.

[/QUOTE]

literally have stated the offense has been inconsistent all week yet you fail to reconize that because all you see is me saying the D is bad too.

my opinon the offense has a TON to improve on yet the defense has A TON to improve on as well.....

open your eyes. ball sides of the balll suck. when one side is on the other is off and vise versa

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Lucky for us the Ravens offense isn't doing so hot, but that still doesn't mean much when Arrington and Hightower step out on that field. I'll go with Arrington though.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Hi I am deadhead, Ill post on a thread, but only one sentence is about the topic and I use it to spin it into my own agenda."

We get it dude, the offevse is not great this year. However this thread is a out defense, which has been bad for arguably the past 9-7 years!

you're a joke of you think that Hightower and Arrington don't deserve a ton of criticism!

[/QUOTE]

The past 9-7 years? What does that even mean?  Brady choked in SB 42 and 46. End of story. Nothing has changed. He's still choking as leader of this offense, especially in the last 2 weeks, with clock management and his playcalling with McDaniels. Been brutal with or without Gronk. They come out sleepwalking for chrissakes!

Hightower is not a MLB, IMO. He's an OLB and not light enough to be in space.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if BB told Jones and Hightower to bulk up this offseason with the idea to play more 3-4.  That's taken a turn with the losses to Mayo, Vince and Kelly.

Arrington is superb in the slot. I literally have no idea what you are talking about here. He's taken out Welkie and he took out Bess 2 weeks ago.

On the outside, he's Ellis Hobbs. Can't argue there, but a slot CB is vital and he's superb at it.

Should I start a thread to ask how many red zone choke jobs Brady has or how long it takes for us to our first FG on the board, pretending FGs win games?

bawhaha

WHat a joke.

[/QUOTE]
    I totally forgot that the defense played amazingly at the end of both games and Brady didn't get us downfield for the go ahead score.....

Brady gave us a chance to win both games! Defense has choked since AFC championship in 06

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The past 9-7 years? What does that even mean?  Brady choked in SB 42 and 46. End of story. Nothing has changed. He's still choking as leader of this offense, especially in the last 2 weeks, with clock management and his playcalling with McDaniels. Been brutal with or without Gronk. They come out sleepwalking for chrissakes!

Hightower is not a MLB, IMO. He's an OLB and not light enough to be in space.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if BB told Jones and Hightower to bulk up this offseason with the idea to play more 3-4.  That's taken a turn with the losses to Mayo, Vince and Kelly.

Arrington is superb in the slot. I literally have no idea what you are talking about here. He's taken out Welkie and he took out Bess 2 weeks ago.

On the outside, he's Ellis Hobbs. Can't argue there, but a slot CB is vital and he's superb at it.

Should I start a thread to ask how many red zone choke jobs Brady has or how long it takes for us to our first FG on the board, pretending FGs win games?

bawhaha

WHat a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, could you please start a thread on how many red zone choke jobs Brady has? That would be wonderful, because it would further illustrate how wrong you are in all matter of football. You could start by explaining the criteria for "redzone choke job". Is it a pick? Is it a strip sack? Is it a fumble? Is it letting the play clock expire?

Then when you gather up all those "choke jobs", you will need to be able to defend your point (whatever that is) after everyone posts about all the comebacks he has orchestrated on his way to being one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

I'm going to bed, but feel free to start a thread tonight, I'm sure by the time I check in tomorrow night it will be 300 posts - of embarrassment - long against you. Get on it!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You two are a joke. The D was just fine for 57 minutes on Sunday, but the offense played with its pud in the entire 3rd and wasted 7 minutes of clock for 3 frigggin points to start the 4th. That was after a slow start again in the first half.  It took them all of the first half to even get a TD, almost as bad as the week before vs the Browns.

The defense allowed 6 points in the first half vs Cleveland and the offense did nothing for 2.5 qtrs with Gronk on the field.  This cannot continue.  The offense has been ATROCIOUS the last 2 weeks thinking it can piszs time away and waste drives like they are special and want to make it about as challenging as possible until the very last minutes. 

It sure sounds like this is an OFFENSE THAT SUCKS. SUCKS. It has sucked and will continue to suck with Gronk, without him, until Brady and McDaniels can get their heads out of their collective asszes.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They don't suck on D. THey have been DECIMATED with injuries to the point BB is getting Coach of the Year talk from it.

Wake up!

They're good on D but need help from the GOAT and some balance on offense to offset the injuries on D.  The offense has not done that much even after Gronk's return. They had a couple of big games like vs Pit or Houston, but that's been it. And, Brady would have shredded them anyway, because those are zone/blitz Ds, which he always shreds.

If it's an offensive league, a QB league, everything starts there. If you're busy fiddling with yourself as an offense for a half, that HURTS your own defense. It's not a defensive era anymore with Goodell. 

Aren't you the one who started that thread talking about Defensive penalites up 50 and 60% the last few years?

Yeah, it was you. Also, Off Holding is WAY DOWN.

Do the math.

Goodell is all but begging for offense to be easier for QBs, Off Coordinators, QBs, etc, and our Jekyll and Hyde offense was brutal at the beginning of the year, including Brady. Everyone always wanted to blame the new guys, but with Gronk back we've seen some sluggish halves, too.

We can't piszs away opportunities like that. I am not looking for 10 points in every qtr here.   At least move the ball a bit for a field position shift if you can't put a drive together.

The last 2 weeks they've put atrocious pressure on our D for entire halves or in 2 qtrs in succession. They simply have to wake up as a unit.

[/QUOTE]

How come you use the injury excuse for the defense but not for the offense?

Gronk out but for a few games, lost Vareen for a while, rookie wide receivers and came into the year missing their top 5 in passes caught.

8th in the league in total offense.

24 in the league in total defense.

Let Jason Campbell shred you for 391 yards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

please im getting nightmares. if marquice cole sees the field this weekend im done. the game is over. i'd rather see edelman out there (which ive said before lol)

[/QUOTE]

I know you're young, but you're not really using your brain here. Arrington went down late, which is why Cole went out there on Wallace.

It's clearly not ideal just like COle on Bolden. We get it.  

He's not a perimeter CB. He's a 5th CB here!  That's the last guy off the bench. Get it?

If Tom Brady is in the shotgun spread like the girly boy he's been ruining our playoffs or SBs doing that annoying "57 is the MIKE" crap which Gomer does so emphatically to make it seem like it's not obvious who the Mike LB is, I AM DONE.

Just get under Center and hand it off to Bolden, RIdley or Blount for at least 10 times in the first half.

Tired of this crap.

[/QUOTE]

what does me being young have anything to do with anything... Cole is garbage. injuires arent an excuse to me if you are gonna claim BB is a great GM. losing Gronk counts then as well so if you told me the Pats would play last week without Gronk and their top Wr draft pick i'd be happy to see 20 on the board.

both sides of the ball are decimated and both sides need to step up regardless.

cole sucks. i dont care if he's our fifth try putting Harmon or Gregory at corner and put the other at safety at this point anything could help

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They don't suck on D. THey have been DECIMATED with injuries to the point BB is getting Coach of the Year talk from it.

Wake up!

They're good on D but need help from the GOAT and some balance on offense to offset the injuries on D.  The offense has not done that much even after Gronk's return. They had a couple of big games like vs Pit or Houston, but that's been it. And, Brady would have shredded them anyway, because those are zone/blitz Ds, which he always shreds.

If it's an offensive league, a QB league, everything starts there. If you're busy fiddling with yourself as an offense for a half, that HURTS your own defense. It's not a defensive era anymore with Goodell. 

Aren't you the one who started that thread talking about Defensive penalites up 50 and 60% the last few years?

Do the math.

Goodell is all but begging for offense to be easier for QBs, Off Coordinators, QBs, etc, and our Jekyll and Hyde offense was brutal at the beginning of the year, including Brady. Everyone always wanted to blame the new guys, but with Gronk back we've seen some sluggish halves, too.

We can't piszs away opportunities like that. I am not looking for 10 points in every qtr here.   At least move the ball a bit for a field position shift if you can't put a drive together.

The last 2 weeks they've put atrocious pressure on our D for entire halves or in 2 qtrs in succession. They simply have to wake up as a unit.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong LIAR!

NE had the ball for 10 minutes in the first quarter and 11 minutes in the 4th.

Unfortunately they had to give the ball to the D who promptly sucked.

TD, FG, TD, punt TD in the last 5 possessions.

Once again, (their signature), they gave up the lead TWICE.

Pathetic

Shame on BB.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cole barely plays in games unless there is some kind of an inujury or someone else is getting a breather at the same time of an injury.

Have you looked at other teams who lose 3 Pro Bowlers on defense all at once?  The fact the D hasn't completely collapsed is a testament to BB the GM.

Your immaturity about life in general is showing up here. THAT is what it has to do with it. This isn't a video game.

At least Denver's D, as awful as it is, has Gomer putting up points for them so they're not constantly trying to wait around for the Broncos offense to do something.

Only one side of the ball has been decimated. Gronk is a huge loss, but let's not get carried away. They've won plenty of games without him before.

Harmon or Gregory at CB? Are you insane?  If everyone is healthy (Talib, Dennard, Arrington and Ryan), that is a good group. Cole should never see the field.

This is like getting angry at Hank Poteat when he comes on the field in 2004 and he allows a pass.  Of course, you were probably 8 then.

[/QUOTE]

obviously if all our Cbs are healthy he doesnt see the field but thats not the case.
    totallyagree the defense is way over its head losing the caliber guys it has. but still. i'm looking for better play out of them. BB just needs to find the right scheme for this group.

actually he should bench gregory for harmon imo. and yes im not joking when i say try gregory at CB over cole maybe gregory has better instincts who knows.... to me if it comes down to that its worth a shot.

and i remember all super bowl years thank you very much

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wake up!

Do the math.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong LIAR!

NE had the ball for 10 minutes in the first quarter and 11 minutes in the 4th.

Unfortunately they had to give the ball to the D who promptly sucked.

TD, FG, TD, punt TD in the last 5 possessions.

Once again, (their signature), they gave up the lead TWICE.

Pathetic

Shame on BB.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and what, 10 points total?  lmao

THe only liar hre is you. You aren't winning games in this league with the GOAT leading us to FGs only while ever offense scores points every week in their games. Our offense has sucked.

[/QUOTE]

Well DH, they scored on 50% of their possessions. 20 points not 10 while the D gave up scores on 80% of their last 5 possessions.  80 f'n %.  Tell us again how they played fine for 57 minutes against a 22nd ranked O..  They played well for 5 minutes in the first quarter and 9 minutes in the second.

That is it. 14 minutes and all the while giving up the LEAD TWICE!  They gave up 1 minute TD's for cripes sakes.  They were tired?  What's tiring is watching them give up lead after lead.  That's tired!

Pathetic, since 2006. 

And the O is just as decimated.  FOOL