Hillis, 1 yr, 3 mil!!! Where was NE?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Hillis, 1 yr, 3 mil!!! Where was NE?!

What I don't get is all the outrage about the Patriots NOT doing something YOU think they should do.  Since when do they EVER do what people predict/want/scream about?  NEVER.  So, why so surprised?  It's the Patriots, they have a system, they stick with it, it's unfathomable, and they aren't going to change.  I just read the news and enjoy.  I love the team, but they are perplexing when it comes to personnel decisions.  Seems to get the job done, though.  Even the Steelers are playing slash and burn, the Clots are in reboot, and who is left?  OH, just the defending AFC Champions, with cap room and draft picks out the wazoo, and a definite draw for FAs.  Yeah, I'll stick with the way the Patriots do things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Hillis, 1 yr, 3 mil!!! Where was NE?!:
    [QUOTE]I agree that Vereen and Ridley will be the future. I also know that Pats won't come in to camp with just these two, or these plus Woodhead. They WILL bring at least 4 RBs into camp, and likely 5 or 6. I find it unlikely, though not impossible more get drafted which means a FA will be coming. That being said, I'm surprised at all the negativity towards a 1 year deal for Hillis, who is still young, doesn't have a lot of wear and tear, and showed some real solid ability. It's becaue he's a white RB, isn't it? White RBs have faced an uphill battle since the NFL's inception more than any other race/position combo. (note the color of sarcasm)
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

It's true that they will most likely bring in other RB's to compete but $3mil is a large chunk of the cap to give up for a RB who might give you less then either of your draft picks last year. I'd think BB would rather give Hern more carries then to pay a RB who might only get 5-10 carries a game $3mil

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]That being said, I'm surprised at all the negativity towards a 1 year deal for Hillis, who is still young, doesn't have a lot of wear and tear, and showed some real solid ability.

This quote right here makes me wonder if you're just thinking about his one good game vs the pats.

Hillis has been overall a BELOW average running back. His best year was 100 yards more then Lawfirm, and that was while hillis was a feature back.

i think the only thing hillis showed last year is that he has lady parts instead of man parts.

"yeah i cant play today *cough cough* i might have the flu."

"cant suit up today coach, i broke a nail last night"

"sorry coach i have to go to the cia in 2 weeks so im going to have to sit this next couple of games out"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Because this guy is out there:

New York Giants Brandon Jacobs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

LOL!

Brandon jacobs is like a supersize maroney. I've never seen a bigger running back that falls down at the slightest touch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]I'd take what I saw out of Hillis, give him a one year deal, you KNOW he wants to get paid, he'll be a FA at 27 next off season. I GUARANTEE 1200+ yards on the ground for him. And do some research, his "injury" issues last year were a lot more "agent influence" than actual injuries. He took some very bad advice, and it cost him a lot of money. Head case? Yes, without a doubt. That's why a 1 year deal seems wonderful to me, those head cases almost always perform for 1 year when they have something to prove...unless you're 400lbs of useless mud like Haynesworth. TO did it throughout his career, Moss did it, Dillon did it, Beltre did it for the Sox, Lloyd did it this past year... 1200 yards. Write it down, 3/15/2012, 12:30pm - ma6dragon9 was the first to predict Hillis having a huge year.

1200+ yards?  What are you smoking?  You do know he is a back-up in KC right?  What back up gets 1200 yards?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He won't be a backup to the ACL-torn, rehabbed Jamaal Charles. Charles will need at least another calendar year to return to form, if he ever does.

His best year was below average aside from the Pats game? How can people simply overlook a combined 4 games between PIT/BALT, and another 2 against a good CIN D? 6 games against top Ds, and that's just IN the division.

And, again, he was the only weapon on the offense, and still got yardage. BJGE was the 4th RB coming into camp, injuries gave him a shot, and his QB being who he is made his job immeasurably easier than Hillis'. People KNEW Hillis was coming and he did well. In 2010, most people were waiting week-by-week for the BJGE wheels to come flying off, and they never did. Ds gameplanned for Hillis, BJGE was an afterthought, as proven by his back-to-earth 2011 when teams actually gave him some respect (3 less carries per game, 0.7 less YPC, 21 less YPG, rushed for 21 FEWER 1st downs, 62 to 41).

One Two Zero Zero
    I like building islands.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

so you would rather bring in a malcontent that our OC got rid of once already instead of keeping a back that has slightly worse numbers?

thats what i find kind of funny. Id much rather keep lawfirm then sign hillis.

Im glad that the pats agree with at least half of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No thanks to Jacob.

Unless Benson comes here on a one year deal the veterans backs we bring in will be signed AFTER june 1st when B.B. like to do bargain basement. When has he spent money on a RB in his tenure here???    ....Dont worry, I'll wait...lol

He will bring in 2 more backs. One will be over 30 in a "lets see what we can sqeeuze" type signing. The other may be a  3rd or 4th rd draft pick to add to the youth we have.

So basically look for either C.Benson, R,Brown or Caddilac Williams, Chester Taylor, or Thomas Jones  to be added along with a guy like Justin Forsett who is young but expendable in Seattle.

After June 1st, you have to hope to get lucky and see if a guy like Michael Turner is released after turning 30 this year and showing signs of slowing down late last year.

Draft your sleeper in the 4th or 5th and be done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

ummm no thanks mr turn over and cant stay healthy u can keep that