Holding the NFL Officials accountable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable

In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable:
    [QUOTE]But yesterday you said they did discuss the spot of the ball. Interesting how you are slowly rolling down the slope to the truth. AND I ADMITTED MY MISTAKE IMMEDIATELY, DIDN'T I?  NICE ATTEMPT TO DISTRACT.  [/QUOTE]

I obviously never saw that. And if you did withdraw your statement, it certainly was not immediate. There were at least three posts in a row where you stated the refs conferred. You even told me they did after I corrected you.  I never saw any retraction. 

[QUOTE]Once again, soft language. The call was "understandable"? means you can rationalize that the call was made correctly means you know it was wrong. HUH??  NOT REAL SURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING HERE, BUT YOU ARE TAKING LIBERTIES WITH DEDUCTIVE REASONING THAT WOULDN'T HOLD UP IN KINDERGARTEN.  SHAME ON YOU DEBATOR.  [/QUOTE]

They are your words. You wrote them. But you aren't definitive in your statement? Why? It is how you are putting down your thoughts that give you away. That you can "understand" how they made the spot means you can "understand" that another spot could have and should have been made. People use this type of language when they are trying to convince themselves of something. 

[QUOTE]Good job. Wrong again. They didn't make every opportunity. It is fair to say that this is the truth about any t team in most games. They made the one they needed to when it counted. THEY MAY HAVE MADE THE PLAYS THEY NEEDED TO MAKE BUT THEY DID NOT MAKE ENOUGH OF THEM TO WIN THE GAME.  I HAVE THE SCORE TO PROVE IT.  WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO ATTACH A LINK TO THE SCORE? [/QUOTE]

Again, wrong on your part. That play puts them at the 2 minute warning with 4 downs and only one Colt timeout. That means they could have taken a knee. The best part about this is that you finally admit they make that play.

[QUOTE]They were robbed.  OPINION, AND BAD OPINION, IN MY OPINION. [/QUOTE]

Of course you disagree with that. But you know it is the truth.

[QUOTE]Pretend all you want on the outside. I know that you know the Colts were given a gift by the refs.  THERE YOU GO MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ME FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NO BASIS.   ROOT, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT. Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Throughout this entire thread and in every other post that I have read, you have never once, not once stated definitively that the spot was correct. You have stated things in very ambiguous, soft language - "I can understand how the call was made." etc... 

As I said earlier, you are just flailing around trying to come up with anything to avoid having to acknowledge it outright. But, you finally do above. Great day.

It is not an assumption. You know the spot was bogus. You even implicitly write it above that the Pats made the play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : I THINK THE SPOT WAS JUST FINE AND UNDERSTANDABLE.  YOUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY IN THIS DEBATE IS TO TRY AND TURN MY OPINION TO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE BY MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT I BELIEVE.  OH, AND YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.  IT WASN'T THE SPOT OF THE BALL THAT TOOK THE GAME FROM THE PATS.  IT WAS FEWER POINTS FOR THE PATS ON THE SCOREBOARD AT THE END OF THE GAME THAT DID.  YOU FAILED.  GO CHASE YOUR TAIL.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Even when told that you didn't definitively state the call was correct, you still couldn't assert it.

The spot was "fine and understandable" is soft language used to try and convince yourself and others of its correctness.

You know saying it definitively would be wrong. So at least you have a conscience. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : I obviously never saw that. And if you did withdraw your statement, it certainly was not immediate. There were at least three posts in a row where you stated the refs conferred.
    IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS COULD HAVE OCCURRED UNDER MY NAME WHICH THEY BANNED.  I COULD LOOK IT UP, BECAUSE I CAN STILL SEE MY OLD NAME POSTS, ETC.  BUT UNDER MY NEW NAME, ALL OF MY OLD POSTS ARE *POOF* GONE.

They are your words. You wrote them. But you aren't definitive in your statement? Why? It is how you are putting down your thoughts that give you away. That you can "understand" how they made the spot means you can "understand" that another spot could have and should have been made. People use this type of language when they are trying to convince themselves of something. 
    I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF OF ANYTHING.  I WASN'T DEFINITIVE BECAUSE I WASN'T STANDING ON THAT SIDELINE LIKE THE LINE JUDGE WAS.  I WASN'T DEFINITIVE BECAUSE MY ONLY REFERENCE FOR THE PLAY ARE 2 CAMERA ANGLES THAT ARE NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS THE ANGLE OF THE LINE JUDGE. 

Again, wrong on your part. That play puts them at the 2 minute warning with 4 downs and only one Colt timeout. That means they could have taken a knee. The best part about this is that you finally admit they make that play.
    I HAVE NEVER ADMITTED THAT THEY MADE THAT PLAY.  YOU KEEP READING INTO MY WORDS IN A FAILED EFFORT TO EXTRACT SOMETHING YOU CAN ATTACH TO ME.  ITS PATHETIC.  BEYOND THAT YOUR COMMENTS ARE THEORY AND ONLY THEORY BECAUSE IT DID NOT HAPPEN.  WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE COLTS GOT THE BALL BACK AND THE PATS COULD NOT STOP THEM.  THE COLTS SCORED A TOUCHDOWN WHICH WAS REQUIRED AND WON THE GAME.  THOSE ARE FACTS, MY FRIEND.

Of course you disagree with that. But you know it is the truth. Throughout this entire thread and in every other post that I have read, you have never once, not once stated definitively that the spot was correct.
    I HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THE SPOT WAS GOOD.  NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO HUMP ME INTO A CORNER.  I DON'T NEED TO BE DEFINITIVE.  THAT ONLY SATISFIES YOU.

You have stated things in very ambiguous, soft language - "I can understand how the call was made." etc...  As I said earlier, you are just flailing around trying to come up with anything to avoid having to acknowledge it outright. But, you finally do above. Great day. It is not an assumption. You know the spot was bogus. You even implicitly write it above that the Pats made the play.
    KEEP WEAVING MY FRIEND, MAYBE WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE YOU WILL HAVE A BOWL, BUT YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

From what I've seen on NFL.com, there doesn't appear to be an investigation into the placement of the ball.  The ref. saw a bobble and put the ball where he believed the ball should be placed.  Football is not an exact science and has a small degree for leniency.  This was not an error of Hochulian travesty.  The only way to make a play a difinitive first down is to remove all doubt from decision making, and that was not done.  This particular judgement call went the other way and hopefully Tom and BB will learn from this error.  I don't have a problem with going for it on fourth and 2, when Peyton had momentum on his side.  I have a problem with the play calling of third and fourth down as well as the use of time outs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Even when told that you didn't definitively state the call was correct, you still couldn't assert it. The spot was "fine and understandable" is soft language used to try and convince yourself and others of its correctness. You know saying it definitively would be wrong. So at least you have a conscience. 

ROOT, WHY DO I HAVE TO ASSERT ANYTHING DEFINITIVELY HERE? 

YOU DEFINITIVELY STATE THAT THE SPOT WAS WRONG, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THE PROOF.  YOU CAN POINT TO THE CAMERAS BUT THEY DON'T PROVIDE PROOF BECAUSE THEY DON'T PROVIDE THE APPROPRIATE ANGLE FROM WHICH TO DO SO.  SO I BELIEVE YOUR DEFINITIVE STATEMENT CANNOT BE RIGHT.  

I BELIEVE THE REFEREE WHO MADE THE CALL HAD AN UNQUESTIONABLY BETTER ANGLE FROM WHICH TO MAKE THE CALL THAN THE CAMERA'S EVER COULD, AND I BELIEVE HE MADE THAT CALL BASED ON EVERYTHING HE SAW.  I AM COMFORTABLE WITH THAT.  IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU ARE NOT BUT UNDERSTANDABLE.  YOU ARE A FAN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CALL.  YOUR ONLY COMFORT TO THE PATS 4TH QUARTER MELTDOWN IS TO COMPLAIN.  I AM OK WITH THAT.  BUT IT IS UNNECESSARY TO TRY TO DEBATE ME INTO A CORNER SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.  I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU.

THE FACT IS THAT YOU CAN TRY TO CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT YOU KNOW THE CALL WAS WRONG BUT IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR YOU TO DO SUCH A THING, BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. 

ANYWAY, FEEL FREE TO THINK WHATEVER YOU LIKE.  FEEL FREE TO THINK THAT I BELIEVE THE SPOT WAS WRONG.  I'VE SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY BUT YOU ARE IN NO MOOD TO LISTEN.  GOOD LUCK AGAINST THE JETS. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Here is the truth regardless if you think the spot was good or bad.  There is no such thing as a definitive spot in football.  Every single spot of the ball on every single play is subjective.  There can and never will be a definitive answer to the question "Did Kevin Faulk make the first down."  The patriots execution on the play allowed them to be subject to the referee's interpretation of where the ball should lie and they only have themselves to blame.  The fact remains that the Colts won the game and the Patriots need to move on to the Jets, and we, the fans should do the same.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : ROOT, WHY DO I HAVE TO ASSERT ANYTHING DEFINITIVELY HERE?  YOU DEFINITIVELY STATE THAT THE SPOT WAS WRONG, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THE PROOF.  YOU CAN POINT TO THE CAMERAS BUT THEY DON'T PROVIDE PROOF BECAUSE THEY DON'T PROVIDE THE APPROPRIATE ANGLE IN WHICH TO DO SO.  SO I BELIEVE YOUR DEFINITIVE STATEMENT CANNOT BE RIGHT.   I BELIEVE THE REFEREE WHO MADE THE CALL HAD AN UNQUESTIONABLY BETTER ANGLE FROM WHICH TO MAKE THE CALL THAN THE CAMERA'S EVER COULD, AND I BELIEVE HE MADE THAT CALL BASED ON EVERYTHING HE SAW.  I AM COMFORTABLE WITH THAT.  IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU ARE NOT BUT UNDERSTANDABLE.  YOU ARE A FAN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CALL.  YOUR ONLY COMFORT TO THE PATS 4TH QUARTER MELTDOWN IS TO COMPLAIN.  I AM OK WITH THAT.  BUT IT IS UNNECESSARY TO TRY TO DEBATE ME INTO A CORNER SO THAT YOU CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.  I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU. THE FACT IS THAT YOU CAN TRY TO CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT YOU KNOW THE CALL WAS WRONG BUT IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR YOU TO DO SUCH A THING, BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.  ANYWAY, FEEL FREE TO THINK WHATEVER YOU LIKE.  FEEL FREE TO THINK THAT I BELIEVE THE SPOT WAS WRONG.  I'VE SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY BUT YOU ARE IN NO MOOD TO LISTEN.  GOOD LUCK AGAINST THE JETS. 

I am not complaining. I am telling you that you know the Colts got a gift. You want to (need to) think otherwise. Go right ahead. Just don't go right ahead and try the BS with me.

My take hasn't changed since the event. Yours has changed so many times and pointed in so many directions in an effort to convince people that you didn't get a gift that it is laughable and transparent. And we still both know that you think the spot was wrong. You give yourself away with every post.

There is also definitive video evidence. Sorry your state of mind does not allow you to see it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

hey , underdogg ... cut the all-caps, please.

spot was wrong, replays show that clearly; you don't want to admit it, it's ok.

i don't usually mind the bad calls: they even out. not so with the colts, don't know why and won't guess: colts get an abnormal quantity of game-altering dubious/plainwrong/horrendous calls.

colts deserved to win.
    colts are the best team in football, right now.
    manning is the best qb in football, right now.

---

let's talk jets

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the truth regardless if you think the spot was good or bad.  There is no such thing as a definitive spot in football.  Every single spot of the ball on every single play is subjective.  There can and never will be a definitive answer to the question "Did Kevin Faulk make the first down."  The patriots execution on the play allowed them to be subject to the referee's interpretation of where the ball should lie and they only have themselves to blame.  The fact remains that the Colts won the game and the Patriots need to move on to the Jets, and we, the fans should do the same.   
    Posted by sbruce9[/QUOTE]

Bruce9,  We're we seperated at birth?  Read my post located 2 above yours.  A decision made by a ref. cannot determine a game if you don't allow him.  Especially, when there were so many options we could have done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the truth regardless if you think the spot was good or bad.  There is no such thing as a definitive spot in football.  Every single spot of the ball on every single play is subjective.  There can and never will be a definitive answer to the question "Did Kevin Faulk make the first down."  The patriots execution on the play allowed them to be subject to the referee's interpretation of where the ball should lie and they only have themselves to blame.  The fact remains that the Colts won the game and the Patriots need to move on to the Jets, and we, the fans should do the same.   

Really. It is never definitive? Ever? Sure.

The Pats have moved on. They did that Sunday night. 

Why should fans have to move on? I am looking forward to the Pats/Jets, but I am not going to let someone tell me the Colts hit a home run, when they were given third base.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Enochroot,

The refs spot the ball, correct?  The refs are human and use their best "judgement" to spot the ball for the upcoming play.  When they come out and measure for a first down do the refs not trot onto the field with the chains, thus allowing more human error to enter into the fold.  Every spot on every play is subjective, therefore cannot be definitive.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Bruce9,  We're we seperated at birth?  Read my post located 2 above yours.  A decision made by a ref. cannot determine a game if you don't allow him.  Especially, when there were so many options we could have done.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

lost triplet here, been saying the exact same thing since sunday night.  you gotta outplay poor officiating (sometimes coaching too).  i'm sure that's been disussed heavily inside the locker room..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Really. It is never definitive? Ever? Sure. The Pats have moved on. They did that Sunday night.  Why should fans have to move on? I am looking forward to the Pats/Jets, but I am not going to let someone tell me the Colts hit a home run, when they were given third base.

Actually, they hit a double, went to third on a SAC FLY, then STOLE home on a PASSED BALL....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This recent direction of this thread reminds me of the opening scene in one of my all-time favorite panel discussions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFInegGh4A

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Mr. Sodiumpentothal...  You tell the truth!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Really. It is never definitive? Ever? Sure. The Pats have moved on. They did that Sunday night.  Why should fans have to move on? I am looking forward to the Pats/Jets, but I am not going to let someone tell me the Colts hit a home run, when they were given third base.

Can't we just end this debate by everybody admitting that Underdoggg is wrong and ashamed to admit that his Beloved Colts didn't completely earn a victory Sunday night..It works for me.

Udogg- your devoting too much of your time to this subject when you need to be focusing on how the Ravens aren't going to get skrewed by the refs this weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Enochroot, The refs spot the ball, correct?  The refs are human and use their best "judgement" to spot the ball for the upcoming play.  When they come out and measure for a first down do the refs not trot onto the field with the chains, thus allowing more human error to enter into the fold.  Every spot on every play is subjective, therefore cannot be definitive.     

First, you are playing a game of semantics. For many calls, the refs can see where the ball made yardage and accurately place the ball at that point. That is definitive. If you want to argue blades of grass to prove your point, have fun.

Second, the refs don't just "trot out onto the field with the chains". They actually use a marker clipped to the chain at the line before moving the chains. They then use that marker to reposition the chain in the middle of the field. It is actually highly accurate. Again, you might be a blade of grass off at most, but hardly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Can't we just end this debate by everybody admitting that Underdoggg is wrong and ashamed to admit that his Beloved Colts didn't completely earn a victory Sunday night..It works for me. Udogg- your devoting too much of your time to this subject when you need to be focusing on how the Ravens aren't going to get skrewed by the refs this weekend.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I second the motion. Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Actually, they hit a double, went to third on a SAC FLY, then STOLE home on a PASSED BALL....
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

LOL. Is there a baseball analogy for bogus DPI?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : LOL. Is there a baseball analogy for bogus DPI?

Yes there is as a matter of fact.

The refs "Balked"

That's it..On to the Jets and I mean it this time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : Yes there is as a matter of fact. The refs "Balked" That's it..On to the Jets and I mean it this time.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

LOL. I will take it.

Just why is Ryan Crying? He looks like Mangini after they took his fried gelato off the cafeteria menu.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : LOL. Is there a baseball analogy for bogus DPI?

Steve Bartman may have some insight on that one.  Similar debacle followed that play...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : I am not complaining. I am telling you that you know the Colts got a gift. You want to (need to) think otherwise. Go right ahead. Just don't go right ahead and try the BS with me. My take hasn't changed since the event. Yours has changed so many times and pointed in so many directions in an effort to convince people that you didn't get a gift that it is laughable and transparent. And we still both know that you think the spot was wrong. You give yourself away with every post. There is also definitive video evidence. Sorry your state of mind does not allow you to see it.   
    If you believe, you will achieve.  But not on this point with me.

You are complaining.  You are whining.  I could care less how obstinate you have been about your point.  In my opinion, its wrong.  You can say the world is flat and pull out a paper map to prove it, but it doesn't make it so.  I believe differently.  No matter what you do or say will not allow you to insert your belief into my brain.  It will not work. 

I am here to discuss.  You want to prove.  They are 2 very different things and you demand proof for something that is unattainable either through me or the NFL. 

Further, I don't know about you but I am comfortable giving myself away with every post, as you say, that is my intent.  But the weird thing is that your condemnation of this supposes that you don't.  What aren't you telling us Root?  Could it be that your conscience actually knows there is a legitimate counter to your obstinate public stance?  I think so. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Who said this???? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the NFL Officials accountable : If you believe, you will achieve.  But not on this point with me. You are complaining.  You are whining.  I could care less how obstinate you have been about your point.  In my opinion, its wrong.  You can say the world is flat and pull out a paper map to prove it, but it doesn't make it so.  I believe differently.  No matter what you do or say will not allow you to insert your belief into my brain.  It will not work.  I am here to discuss.  You want to prove.  They are 2 very different things and you demand proof for something that is unattainable either through me or the NFL.  Further, I don't know about you but I am comfortable giving myself away with every post, as you say, that is my intent.  But the weird thing is that your condemnation of this supposes that you don't.  What aren't you telling us Root?  Could it be that your conscience actually knows there is a legitimate counter to your obstinate public stance?  I think so. 

<snicker> 

ud thinks - oh, now I will get indignant. outraged even. i will demand that he not demand proof.  then i will make some weird excuse and then i will try to turn the tables on him. i will do anything to avoid the truth because i can't handle the truth.