holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22?

tory holt i think can still help us with welker hurt. he still has some left in the tank but if bryant is there at 22 do we pass on him now that we have holt or do we still take him and have a stacked offense in receivers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22?

Holt is most likely only going to be with the Pats for one year. Both Holt and Moss are getting old so I think they should take another WR no matter how Tate and Edelman turn out.

However, I don't like Bryant and I hope the Pats don't pick him. He seems like a punk that isn't willing to take any blame for anything. He's not the kind of player I would want in the locker room. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next WR diva in the league. I say take a good defensive player with the 22nd and wait until a WR in the 2nd round. Also, if Bryant is still there at 22 there is going to be a team that will want him and will be willing to trade up to get him. I think they could get a very good deal from a team willing to move up and grab him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

he wont be there at 22.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

We still need one wr.  And better a bad guy to counter the other--higher paid--bad guys on dem Jets and Phins.

And Tate and Bryant may answer for another decade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

All this talk about Bryant dropping in the draft ended up being a bunch of hooey.  He's long gone.  I don't think the Pats would draft him anyway.  The guy is dumber than a box of rocks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'm not big on Dez either, seems like he's got alot of baggage for a WR that probably would not have been the best in previous drafts.  I prefer the Pats use a 2nd rd pick on a WR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22?:
    In Response to Re: holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22? : I have said it over and over - you can forget about the WR an RB skill players - it is OL, DL, TE and LB.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

I'm with you, if not necessarily in this order.  I  could see a developmental WR in round 5 or later, same with RB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bryant is a good player, but he is lazy and unreliable and that is something you can't have if you need to win big games year after year. Holt will be a decent bandade, but not alot more. I think this team should be able to find a guy in round two that obviously is young and can  stretch the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Holt could be this year's Joey Galloway.  We just don't know.

If Bryant is available at 22, the Pat's would probably take a gamble with him.  Do you really think he's going to be disrespectful to BB and Tom Brady?  Or would he be excited to work with a great coach, QB and study under Randy Moss?

That being said, he probably won't be there at 22 and they'll go heavy on the defensive picks.  They have a need at RB because of age but currently have a lot of RB's on the roster.  WR is a need but the best course is one that concentrates on defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Holt is 34 years old.  He can play fine in September but might only last half a season.  BB might well be looking at a WR who can take over starting around November 1 or so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: holt means passing on dez bryant if he is available at 22?:
    Holt could be this year's Joey Galloway.  We just don't know. If Bryant is available at 22, the Pat's would probably take a gamble with him.  Do you really think he's going to be disrespectful to BB and Tom Brady?  Or would he be excited to work with a great coach, QB and study under Randy Moss? That being said, he probably won't be there at 22 and they'll go heavy on the defensive picks.  They have a need at RB because of age but currently have a lot of RB's on the roster.  WR is a need but the best course is one that concentrates on defense.
    Posted by dino1980

Holt has certain traits that Galloway didn't. Holt is a proven route runner that ran in a complicated Martz system. This gives him that chance to put up above average numbers even at older ages. I think of him more as a rich mans Troy Brown. Looking at Brady's former receivers, the ones that tended to succeed the most were the polished route runners. Galloway however, was a pure downfield threat. He was never as polished of a route runner and never placed in complicated systems. Those types of receivers tend to have a dramatic fall from production when their physical abilities start to fail. Looking back it was easy to see why he failed but hindsight is 20/20.

This is the reason I started to lose faith in Byrant. From all reports they had to dumb down the system because he couldn't handle the complicated routes. I'm not sure I want that. The big benefit for him is that he is young where Galloway wasn't. I'm not sure if I'd want Tate either (size mainly) but if you can get a route runner like Williams or Benn I wouldn't mind. 

All in all I want to get away from the flashy big name receivers that run down field. I want 4 Welkers and Edelmans. Scratch that I want Welker, Edelman, a big possession receiver, and a Welker that can stretch the field and turn into the middle when needed. I want the no name receivers other fans never heard of that just get open and catch the ball, regardless of its for 5 yrds or 60. Those are the receivers Brady has a field day with because they wiggy and weave and do what they must to get to the spot they need to when they have to. Remember when Brady would throw the ball to Branch or Patten and like he does with Welker and starting to do with Edelman, before they even looked back and made the final cut? I want that kind of route running back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I might be way off but I have no feeling that Dez would be in the Patriot Sights.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We weren't going Bryant with 22 anyways. It was going to defense.

Nice to have a REAL WR playing beside Moss. Holt, if he still has those impressive hands, is better than Gaffney. The Pats will draft Scott Long in round 6. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

My guess is the Pats will still take a receiver in the first two rounds. Moss and Holt's contracts expire at the end of the season, who knows how Welker will play once he's back from injury, then all we are left with is Edleman, Tate, and Aiken.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

We won't take Dez Bryant if he's there in the 7th round.

Pats will trade one of their 2nd round picks for a 3rd this year and a pick next year I bet.

Torry Holt is a great signing...some of the best hands in the business with a professional approach.

Can't wait for the draft!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Holt is a stop gap. We will still draft a wide out probably in the 2nd round or maybe first if someone drops. The Pats bought some time to develop a draft pick at that position with the Holt signing.