Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

EVen if he's not here past this year.

If he plays on the field through the playoffs and helps us wiin a super bowl, what a move!

for a 4th rounder? sb for a 4th rd pick. if it comes to be true. what a move!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

we have needed this FOR YEARSSSSSSSSS!

bb is all in for a super bowl 

how pissed was bb that gronks injury cost a super bowl. so pissed he grabbed every te in sight to be sure he had a competent replacement if gronk or hern were to go down.

now hes finnnnnnaaaalllyyy gotten past his stubborness with our cbs inssiting it will be ok with our very poorly performing backfield. 

all there is left to do is watch and enjoy as bb makes the psuh for another ring.

i say damn good for him!

glad you took a shot. 

glad you can grow.

glad you realize brady aint gonna play forever...

and you can shoot for modern day football immortality

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Holy Crap Batman! BB Makes A Trade?! For a CB?! and a Huuuuge Trouble Guy. BB Can Change His Stripes Thank God!!!

Bill Belichick strikes again!! Best GM all time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this may seriously help him with his legacy as a gm and coach....if the result is a trophy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

finalllllyyyy an admission that we were not good enough in the secondary after a year and a half (instead of "we just have to get better").

not exaclty right on top of things with inadequate cb performance. but late is better than never.

i am grateful for the move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

seems like a good move.....not going to get too excited yet because he does have to learn the system and we dont know how he will play....but i cant complain, it is definitely a low risk, high reward pick up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A huge boost would be to get Pryor back on passing downs in the middle and then when you add a guy like this as well...it could change our horrendous passing defense. I like having Hightower back too, I think he helped the defense on Sunday and he's only going to get better - they can do a lot of things with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seems like a good move.....not going to get too excited yet because he does have to learn the system and we dont know how he will play....but i cant complain, it is definitely a low risk, high reward pick up.

[/QUOTE]

re learning the system. hes a cover shutdown guy, relatively. pats also play much better de when in man. 

you put talib on the guy you need to worry about most, thats his job teh rest of season. that SHOULD be hwo they use him. it will free up a safety to help elsewhere.

our secondary and defense is instantly better, provided he stays out od legal trouble and doesnt get suspended agaiin before the end of the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

A huge boost would be to get Pryor back on passing downs in the middle and then when you add a guy like this as well...it could change our horrendous passing defense. I like having Hightower back too, I think he helped the defense on Sunday and he's only going to get better - they can do a lot of things with him.

[/QUOTE]

+++

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i do agree it makes the defense better and should take alot of pressure off of mccourty....and yes like you said, i hope he stays out of trouble....but there have been plenty of players with issues like this who the pats have signed and never seemed to get in much trouble while they were here....im not too worried about that....nice move BB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

lotta talk about talib picking up sceheme. 

you have a cover corner. you stick him on the most dangerous guy you face. thats thhe scheme.

also our de has worked  better playing man to man

with talib you free up another player to assist wherever you need it.

lets hope dennard stays at the other corner and mcc stays at safety.

we need 1 safety to complete the backfield. how soon can ebner become a starting safety :) 

(said with mirth).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

A significant portion of the passing yards accumulated against the Pats this season and in seasons past is when the receiver spots the holes in the zones and just sits down in them. Hopefully this means that our corners will be able to play more man and utilize Talib's skillset best. Reiss's contention that its the players, not scheme or coaching, will really be put to the test with this move. We'll see, but I'm damn excited over this move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JMUFranco's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A significant portion of the passing yards accumulated against the Pats this season and in seasons past is when the receiver spots the holes in the zones and just sits down in them. Hopefully this means that our corners will be able to play more man and utilize Talib's skillset best. Reiss's contention that its the players, not scheme or coaching, will really be put to the test with this move. We'll see, but I'm damn excited over this move.

[/QUOTE]

"A significant portion of the passing yards accumulated against the Pats this season and in seasons past is when the receiver spots the holes in the zones and just sits down in them. Hopefully this means that our corners will be able to play more man and utilize Talib's skillset best."

this is exactly as i have it.

zone we play is like saying the offense, "here, sit down here, and here, and here, and here."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, forgot about Pryor. He does bring it from the inside. Haven't heard any word on him at all. Should have been eligible to come off PUP after the Seattle game. Must still be hurting pretty bad, I guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL - so what does this mean about the "Best GM of all time's" ability to draft DB talent? Is also says..."Gee I really drafted a lot of crap ofver the past 5 years, didn't I?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well,at least BB recognizes that this secondary is not going ttogether us to the big game. The move to me seems desperate, but the effort at trying to improve things is what matters, especially mid season. This move was out of character for BB, so he must have felt things needed to be drastically improved. He added 2 secondary players and subtracted one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL - so what does this mean about the "Best GM of all time's" ability to draft DB talent? Is also says..."Gee I really drafted a lot of crap ofver the past 5 years, didn't I?"

[/QUOTE]

yes that is what it woudl say (though bb woudl not admit that).

this is as close to an admission he is goingto make. and im happy he finally conceded!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well,at least BB recognizes that this secondary is not going ttogether us to the big game. The move to me seems desperate, but the effort at trying to improve things is what matters, especially mid season. This move was out of character for BB, so he must have felt things needed to be drastically improved. He added 2 secondary players and subtracted one. 

[/QUOTE]

very well said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Methinks BB realizes he has pissed away a major chunk of Brady's career piddling around making bad draft picks on D and that the Brady gravy train reaching the last stop is just ahead on the horizon. Desperate men do desperate things.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Methinks BB realizes he has pissed away a major chunk of Brady's career piddling around making bad draft picks on D and that the Brady gravy train reaching the last stop is just ahead on the horizon. Desperate men do desperate things.

[/QUOTE]

re

"Methinks BB realizes he has pissed away a major chunk of Brady's career "

i dont know that bb's makeup is of somone who would ever let himself go that far in self critique. maybe someday.

anyway, im glad hes realizing he needs to go all in finally

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yup. Three Super Bowl wins, two more appearances. Pitiful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup. Three Super Bowl wins, two more appearances. Pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

good coach and gm,

stubborn as a rock sometimes

and a little too insecure for the teams good (re hiring coaches with equal knowledge and ability).

lets bring home the lombardi THIS year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Yup. Three Super Bowl wins, two more appearances. Pitiful."

Far from pitiful but arguably not all it could have been. Especially when you take into account BB didn't build his SB winning defenses for the most part. Trading for Harrison was huge and he hasn't made many similar moves for the secondary. But he did this time. Let's hope it works!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]"Yup. Three Super Bowl wins, two more appearances. Pitiful."

Far from pitiful but arguably not all it could have been. Especially when you take into account BB didn't build his SB winning defenses for the most part. Trading for Harrison was huge and he hasn't made many similar moves for the secondary. But he did this time. Let's hope it works!!!
    [/QUOTE]

Rodney was released by San Diego believe it or not and I agree they could have won more and will.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

That's Trader Bill for you. 

The first thing I notice about Aqib Talib is that he fights.  BB goes after the high-spirited fighters.  This guy fights his teammate, he mouths off at the cops (but doesn't hit them!), he almost shoots a sex pervert who goes after his sister.  BB really believes in that "fight in the dog" adage.  The next time some dum-dum player from Baltimore calls New England a "finesse" team, drag out Aqib.  

However, the guy doesn't appear to be a drunk or a meth head.  Drunks usually don't win games.  They drag your team down in December.   Nor does he abuse women.

Adderall?  Adderall isn't designed to be an addictive substance.  It's an ADHD pill.  Aqib must be completely embarrassed at getting caught popping an ADD pill, because it says something vaguely bad about his brain chemistry, but the drug probably doesn't affect his on-field performance.  BB has a record of taking chances on players in non-addictive drug trouble.  Case in point:  Aaron Hernandez flunked two pot tests and turned out pretty well for a fourth rounder. 

I like Aqib's size for a cornerback, his big pile of interceptions and his experience. 

Aqib has a strange advantage with his suspension.  He doesn't count against the 53 man limit until after the Buffalo game.  This gives him 3 weeks to learn the system. 

Is New England getting this guy for only seven regular season games plus the playoffs?  Not necessarily.  BB can see if Aqib works his tail off during November.  If he does, Jonathan Kraft can make him a pre-emptive offer in mid-December.  Aqib can immediately sign a long term contract with the Patriots for some guaranteed money, or he can risk getting that big injury for a few games and then he'll be a free agent with all sorts of baggage, good luck with that.  Who loves ya, Aqib?

On the Patriots' side, everybody in the defensive backfield is injured at this point.  Either plop down a draft pick for a player or go dumpster diving.

So yes, I like the trade so far.