Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?

It was great to see the defense stand up, but it took a perfect drive to win the Dallas game.  Any concern about 2 quarters of crappy offense?  Or should we all just be happy the defense showed up?  This game was closer than I expected, I guess Rob Ryan knows how to contain this offense.  What do other fans think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?

For the majority of the game the Pats Offense was the weak link. Take out the Pats turnovers and this was one of the more balanced games of the season. Proud of the D tonight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?

Defense A. Bill obrien F--- The guy is a moron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Well, Rob Ryan had 2 weeks to figure out how to contain our offense and he had DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer (who is supposedly very underrated) to work with. They have a very good defense. A lot of talent and speed, as Belichick said.

We might've scored 30+ points, though, if we didn't turn the ball over so many times. I'm not worried about this offense, and now I'm not too worried about this defense either.

The 30-point streak doesn't matter. It's all about winning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

This is a game we would've lost last year.  We need the defense to play well when Brady doesn't have a great game.  That's exactly what happened today with Brady saving the good stuff for the final drive.  Very happy with this win.  This is a much better team than last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's not about what is MORE important.

No defense is perfect. Every defense, no matter how good, whether they blitz or play conservative wil give up a bunch of points some week.

No offense is perfect. Every offense, no matter how good, whether they run or air it out, will score 20 or less some week.  

The trick is having a team that doesn't have a unit that is a lost cause.

You just need to step up once in a while to pick up the slack. This offense has already outscored other teams 35+ to 25+ several times this season.

IT was unreal, awesome, spectacular to win a 16-13 game on the final drive!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to the "D"! 

This is the kind of game NE has been losing 28-20 the last few seasons, and that last TD would be too little too late, because the "D" broke!

They played great this week! I want to see a few more like this, because they'll need at least one of these in the post-season when they have to play elite "D"s like Baltimore, in some terrible weather conditions. 

Just fantastic!

My favorite win in several years!

And no side is more important than the other.... it's how the team picks each other up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?:
    [QUOTE]Well, Rob Ryan had 2 weeks to figure out how to contain our offense and he had DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer (who is supposedly very underrated) to work with. They have a very good defense. A lot of talent and speed, as Belichick said. We might've scored 30+ points, though, if we didn't turn the ball over so many times. I'm not worried about this offense, and now I'm not too worried about this defense either. The 30-point streak doesn't matter. It's all about winning.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

+5000!

This is the NFL's best offense!

RR had a bye week, and a whole bunch of tools to work with!

The difference between this and the Cleveland game last season?

The "D" covered their end on a RARE week where the "O" was off!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important?:
    [QUOTE]This is a game we would've lost last year.  We need the defense to play well when Brady doesn't have a great game.  That's exactly what happened today with Brady saving the good stuff for the final drive.  Very happy with this win.  This is a much better team than last year.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Cowboys D was amazing, our D was amazing. Forget streaks, our D showed up and won us the game( yeah, I know Brady drove 80 yards for the game winning score)

Think about it, Pats had 4 turnovers and allowed only 16 points against what was a well rested, high powered offense.

Does that sound like the 32nd ranked defense? No freaking way! Our D has been improving and its great to see.

Albert Haynesworth showed up, Spikes was a monster and so was Carter. Our D held up and made key stops. Offense punts, D forces a 3 and out allowing Brady and Co. to win the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Welcome back to 2003 folks. Ugly wins build contenders.

question: Can Pats run out clock to end a game?

answer: Yep

question: Can Pats win when Brady isn't perfect?

answer: Yep

Next question?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Defense is not more important than offense. And offense is not more important than defense.

Balanced attack. I think we can fair well against most of these teams in the AFC

But if it gets to the point where we have to play the packers (which we all hope), its gonna take a complete game from all three phases

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The D has been slowly improving game by game. This was a huge defensive gut check. BB showed confidence in them when he punted instead of going for 4th and long and they came back out and stopped them cold.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

lets see a few more solid outings before we declare it a "good defense". Some consistancy would be great if they come back after the bye and have another solid outing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How about just accepting the Pats continuing to WIN games??!!  How many of you will bemoan any ugly win if when all is said and done, the Pats are winning?  Seems many of you here are too focused on seeing a PERFECT game from this team before you are satisfied.  There is always something to criticize.  Some games the O is on fire, which is most of the time, while there wil be some games in which it isn't and the D barely hangs in there.  I still see a lot of spoiled folks who are looking, also, for a repeat of the 2007 season from a domination standpoint, too.  Look around the league, there is A LOT of apparent parrity.  The Lions and 49'ers are 5 - 1!  The Pack is the lone team at 6 - 0!!  Teams which have been bottom dwellers are giving the top tier folks fits.  Makes for a very interesting season, eh? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back to 2003 folks. Ugly wins build contenders. question: Can Pats run out clock to end a game? answer: Yep question: Can Pats win when Brady isn't perfect? answer: Yep Next question?
     What about a lucky hail Mary or helmet catch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important? : [QUOTE]Welcome back to 2003 folks. Ugly wins build contenders. question: Can Pats run out clock to end a game? answer: Yep question: Can Pats win when Brady isn't perfect? answer: Yep Next question?  What about a lucky hail Mary or helmet catch
    Posted by Win-Jets[/QUOTE]

Was that an attempt to be a smartass?  Benjarvus Green-Ellis just ran for another first down against the Jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A long 30+ point streak is what a dome team does.  Teams in windy, slushy, fog-bound, driving rain all day, blizzard conditions stadiums with lots of snow to fling around don't have a chance at these streaks.

Dallas had the #1 NFL defense against the run, and they just got back their best cornerback. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]It's not about what is MORE important. No defense is perfect. Every defense, no matter how good, whether they blitz or play conservative wil give up a bunch of points some week. No offense is perfect. Every offense, no matter how good, whether they run or air it out, will score 20 or less some week.   The trick is having a team that doesn't have a unit that is a lost cause. You just need to step up once in a while to pick up the slack. This offense has already outscored other teams 35+ to 25+ several times this season. IT was unreal, awesome, spectacular to win a 16-13 game on the final drive!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to the "D"!  This is the kind of game NE has been losing 28-20 the last few seasons, and that last TD would be too little too late, because the "D" broke! They played great this week! I want to see a few more like this, because they'll need at least one of these in the post-season when they have to play elite "D"s like Baltimore, in some terrible weather conditions.  Just fantastic! My favorite win in several years! And no side is more important than the other.... it's how the team picks each other up!
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Also my favorite win in several years. The Jets blowout win was better at the time but the playoff loss killed the flavor badly. I don't care about the 30 point streak because they did not score 30 in the playoffs last year and every Jet fan rightfully points it out every time they can. The home winning streak to me is also bogus because of the Ravens and Jets playoff losses. The defense was clutch on those final 2 drives. The crowd seemed loud on my TV (for once) and I needed to see a comeback win to reward the defense for it's great effort. Reminded me of the Ravens game last year but better because the Cowboys offense is much better than the Ravens when Romo is not turning it over. Getting a three and out against the Cowboys is more impressive than against the Ravens in my opinion. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

Absolutely it is. When the Pats were busy winning superbowls there were no such streaks. It was great to be able to win this type of game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The only streak that matters is the consecutive Super Bowl win streak. Hopefully we start a new one this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home win streak continues, but 30 +point streak is over, is a good Defense more important? :  Also my favorite win in several years...
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

my favorite from way back...2006

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

[QUOTE]How about just accepting the Pats continuing to WIN games??!!  How many of you will bemoan any ugly win if when all is said and done, the Pats are winning?  Seems many of you here are too focused on seeing a PERFECT game from this team before you are satisfied.  There is always something to criticize.  Some games the O is on fire, which is most of the time, while there wil be some games in which it isn't and the D barely hangs in there.  I still see a lot of spoiled folks who are looking, also, for a repeat of the 2007 season from a domination standpoint, too.  Look around the league, there is A LOT of apparent parrity.  The Lions and 49'ers are 5 - 1!  The Pack is the lone team at 6 - 0!!  Teams which have been bottom dwellers are giving the top tier folks fits.  Makes for a very interesting season, eh? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Awesome season!  Being a sports fan is about enjoying the victories, and feeling the pain when your team loses.  Anyone that disagrees, is either lying, or not a true fan of their team.  That is why we even dissect a win.   We hope the coaches are even more critical, they certainly know much more than any of us.  Also... It's not that we need to win every game.  You just hope that the team can improve every week.  It seemed that Dallas was able to take the deep ball away from Brady this week.  Not an easy task at all.  This game had several turns that seemed reminiscant of past Patriot losses.  It is common for the team that turns the ball over the most... usually loses.  The Patriot defense deserves the game ball, despite the best game winning drive from Brady in years.  What a great game!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Yes, of course that having a good defense is more important than any streak !

NO many teams can pressure Brady and have so tight coverage on the WRs, only few can.

Football is about the offense complementing the Defense, and the defense complementing  the offense.

4 TO today... only 3 pts out of them... that amazing !!!!

Streaks DOESN´T MATTER TO ME... and to lots of fans... Brady breaking Marino´s record... doesn´t mean anything if you don´t win it all !!!!!

Right now we need the DEFENSE to step up !!!! and that´s what we are seeing week after week... and that´s great for us

GO PATS !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I had no idea the Pats had this streak or that the Rams held it before. That is how important it is.