Honey Badger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Honey Badger

Watching NFL network right now with the host interviewing the Honey Badger and he asked "what team was the hardest to interview with?" and I immediately thought "Pats" and sure enough, without hesitation, HB says, "no doubt, the Patriots".

I love that the Patriots hold a high standard and conduct their interviews/meetings in a business-manner.  Players get the sense that it's about the team and all of the egocentric crap is thrown out the window on Day 1.  We've all seen these players who have "attitude" and "criminal" issues and once they are on the Pats, it's all business.  If you don't screw up, you stay on, if not, you're out without hesitation.

Now, what is everybody's take on the HB?  I personally think the kid is electric and has a lot to offer.  Sure, he was a knucklehead and got caught with weed several times but that is the perfect reason for us to buy low on him(Hernandez anybody?).  I think he slips until at least the 3rd round, so if he's there, do you guys select him?  If Arrington leaves, he'd help with depth and would surely be a good slot guy and solid #2, if need be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Honey Badger

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Watching NFL network right now with the host interviewing the Honey Badger and he asked "what team was the hardest to interview with?" and I immediately thought "Pats" and sure enough, without hesitation, HB says, "no doubt, the Patriots".

I love that the Patriots hold a high standard and conduct their interviews/meetings in a business-manner.  Players get the sense that it's about the team and all of the egocentric crap is thrown out the window on Day 1.  We've all seen these players who have "attitude" and "criminal" issues and once they are on the Pats, it's all business.  If you don't screw up, you stay on, if not, you're out without hesitation.

Now, what is everybody's take on the HB?  I personally think the kid is electric and has a lot to offer.  Sure, he was a knucklehead and got caught with weed several times but that is the perfect reason for us to buy low on him(Hernandez anybody?).  I think he slips until at least the 3rd round, so if he's there, do you guys select him?  If Arrington leaves, he'd help with depth and would surely be a good slot guy and solid #2, if need be.

he will be a dolphin. bank on it :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

I wanna see NE draft him. We can turn him around and hes a hell of a Corner 

need all the help we can get there

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

Everybody talks about our midget corners but want the 5'7 honey badger for some reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Everybody talks about our midget corners but want the 5'7 honey badger for some reason.

Traditionally, corner backs are smaller and more agile.  Don't listen to the whiners who want these mystical 6'4 atheltic specimens at every position.  You don't need to be big to be a cornerback.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

I thought he was 5'9"? 

I think he is a stud!  He says he was the best player at the combine and I believe it from what I seen.  I agree with IrishMob, would love to see him in the Slot position on D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Traditionally, corner backs are smaller and more agile.  Don't listen to the whiners who want these mystical 6'4 atheltic specimens at every position.  You don't need to be big to be a cornerback.  

I'm one of those people who like to see taller CB's to play against those tall, physical WR's, that's why I want Ras-I to stay healthy and get out on the field more.  But I really think a smaller guy is perfectly fine in the slot spot.  The Pats have had smaller CB's and if any smaller CB can be an impact this guy is it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I am with Irishmob and TFB12. I like this guy alot and at 5'8 or 5'9 whatever he is, he will be fine. The diff is he has much more talent than the midget corners we have had in here (exception being Dennard). If he is there in the 3rd, I pounce. DL/WR in rds 1 and 2, CB in rd 3 and we are rolling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The honey badger dont give a sh!t if hes only 5'8 or 5'9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I wouldn't count on Dowling ever making it through a full season. Hope to be wrong though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Honey Badger don't care, Honey Badger smacks the sh*t outta you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WKCBCUS73Z8#!

You can't deny this kids skills, and you don't get a nickname like Honey Badger because you dyed your hair.  He is electrifying, has a great nose for the ball and is absolutely tenatious when it comes to trying to get it.  The real question is, is he worth a 1st round pick?  I know some people have hopes that he will slide right into the bottom of the 2nd round where the Pats could grab him, but I don't see that happening.  If that Pats want him, they would have to grab him in the 1st and I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I too have concerns about this kid.  No question he's hard nosed and there's no shortage of hype about him but the baggage is there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

listed at 5'8 3/4 186 lbs at the combine. I want him in the 2nd or 3rd, wouldnt spend a 1st on him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mathieu’s size has been questioned throughout his entire career and his official measurements at the Combine show that he comes in at 5-foot-9 and weighing just 186 pounds, relatively small for an NFL defensive back.

Mathieu’s size, or lack thereof, would hinder him from playing on the outside against more physical receivers, leading many to believe that he is better suited as a third corner in a nickel scheme or as a safety to provide help over the top.

In addition to issues about his size, Mathieu’s strength also came into question after he only tallied four reps on the bench press. Mathieu’s four reps were tired for the lowest total at the Combine for a defensive back (Demetrius McCray, Appalachian State). The next lowest total was eight from Oregon State’s Jordan Poyer and the most was 28 from Syracuse’s Shamarko Thomas.

Mathieu's broad jump and vertical jump came in at 9-feet, 9-inches and 34 inches respectively. Both numbers were underwhelming, especially considering his size.

Getty Images

The biggest positive from Mathieu’s combine came in the 40-yard-dash, where he ran an unofficial 4.43 which was revealed to actually be a 4.50 when the times were made official later in the day. Mathieu ranked 19th among defensive backs.

The fastest time belonged to Mississippi State’s Darius Slay at 4.36.

Mathieu addressed his off the field issues earlier in the week, stating that he is over his drug use and is fully committed to football.

"I've been to rehab. I've been to counseling. I have a sponsor," he said to USA Today on Sunday. "I'm surrounding myself with people who want to do what I want to do, which is be a football player. To go back down that road? Not a chance in this world. Not a chance in this lifetime. I've got to be the best person that Tyrann can be."

Coming into the season Mathieu was viewed as an early round prospect, but following his myriad issues the defensive back had slipped into the latter portions of the draft.

Mathieu’s speed and ability to make plays both defensively and on special teams should make him a tantalizing prospect for teams in the third or fourth round, as long as they are willing to deal with the potential baggage he may bring.

The Jets, who have a hole at the safety position, could be a potential landing spot for Mathieu.

Read more: LSU’s Tyrann Mathieu has mixed results at Combine http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflblitz/lsu_mathieu_has_mixed_combine_uJBE7uxjKNBe2j0f8K8N4O#ixzz2NbT6ddDJ

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

all good info rkarp, but you got to give some credence to what you see when he plays in the games! Dude is a playmaker in 3 phases of the game; D,KR,PR. I think if we trade back and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd I would take a shot on him.