Hot debate topic - Why Ravens kept Lewis and Pats release AH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hot debate topic - Why Ravens kept Lewis and Pats release AH?

Somewhat similar circumstances..   but the Ravens kept Lewis all along even after he was arrested and charged while the Pats release AH right after his arrest and even before we knew the charges.  Why the difference in the reactions of these two franchises?  hmmmmm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Hot debate topic - Why Ravens kept Lewis and Pats release AH?

because the ray lewis thing happened like 20 years ago, and the climate was different.

This is not even close to being a hot debate topic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

because the ray lewis thing happened like 20 years ago, and the climate was different.

ditto! if ray did that today all other things being equal like with goody as the commish, he would CUT! also bmore is no longer the murder cap of the states as it was than. i live here and this cuity would bail today as opposed as rallying around the poster child of the bygone image! also he was never accused or suspected of the MURDER itself but ofhindering things (obstruction) afte rthe fact at WORSE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's not just that.  There's a ton more evidence surrounding Hernandez than there ever was surrounding Lewis.  I'm not saying Lewis didn't get away with it, but he also never had copters following his every move.

Hernandez is being charged with premeditated murder and no bail.  Was Lewis? Can't remember.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

ditto! if ray did that today all other things being equal like with goody as the commish, he would CUT! also bmore is no longer the murder cap of the states as it was than. i live here and this cuity would bail today as opposed as rallying around the poster child of the bygone image! also he was never accused or suspected of the MURDER itself but ofhindering things (obstruction) afte rthe fact at WORSE!

Um, actually Ray Lewis WAS originally charged with murder (2 counts) but he and his attorneys entered a plea agreement which put the charges on his friends in exchange for Lewis's testimony.  He also paid the victims’ families a huge sum of money to settle the case.  Are you serious?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

If you ever read the eye witness reports of whom did the killings, you'd be intrigued to know that RL was in the limo beseaching his hoodies to get into the car. They elected not to, even though the two dead victims were enticing and provoked the incident, RL was not in the fracas. Read the report. This will not lessen the egregiousness of AH's partake in this homicide. Let's just accept this alleged crime and move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No disrespect to anyone, but I really don't care.  The more I learn about AH the more convinced I become that the Pats did the right thing.  What happened with Ray Lewis is ancient history as far as I'm concerned.  What's happening with AH is off the charts.  As far as I'm concerned AH is a murdering thug and I don't want any part of him associated with a team I've been rooting for since long before Hernandez was born.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Brian Billick wrote a piece on NFL.com about the Ravens handling of Ray Lewis:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215125/article/ravens-handling-of-ray-lewis-case-a-lesson-in-managing-crisis

First, we needed to determine what Ray's culpability was and what our ability to support him would be. Individually and collectively, we had a great deal of confidence in Ray as a person and could not believe he was capable of the accusations leveled toward him. Art Modell was able to assist Ray in securing Ed Garland, a prominent lawyer in Atlanta, to act as his counsel. Once Mr. Garland was able to meet with Ray and assess the situation, he too became convinced that Ray was innocent. From that point, there was very little we could do in regard to the judicial process other than provide all the moral support for Ray that we could.

I suspect Kraft and/or BB received information for the DA prior to the arraignment yesterday and believed first that Hernandez was capable of committing the act and second that Aaron Hernandez was and will be found guilty in a court of law.

The circumstance of the cases are quiet different. A spur of the moment fight getting out of control ending in a stabbing is quite different from calling two of you "friends" to come help you, picking some one up, driving him to a remote location and driving back home to start cleaning up the evidence. 

Most importantly, the league has changed. In Goodell's NFL there is no tolerance for this stuff. If Hernandez is just convicted on just the gun charges, that may be enough for Goodell to ban him for life.