How about Bruschi and others as "Consultants" for the young guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

How about Bruschi and others as "Consultants" for the young guys?

I was just thinking... It would be a great idea if the Pats could bring in some guys like Bruschi, Seau, Rodney Harrison, McGinest as consultants or 'assistant coaches' to help the young guys learn the game of football and learn how to be leaders, as well as maintain the Patriot Way on and off the field. 

They wouldn't take up roster spots or high salary/contracts.  Let them come in and be a strong foundation for the young guys to lean on.  They can show the guys what kind of work ethic, attitude, leadership skills, etc. are required to win championships.

The Pats sorely lack that kind of foundation in the locker-room and on the sideline.  While the actual team needs to get younger, they need some guidance and some leadership to help get them through tough times while they learn how to play and adjust to the NFL, as well as develop some of the younger guys into leaders on the field.

I think it would go a long ways during big games and in the playoffs if they could roam the sidelines, be in the locker-room, on the practice field, in the meeting rooms, etc. 

During games, such as the Colts game this year and the horrid playoff game, they could really use those guys on the sidelines for some extra words of advice and help get them focused.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: How about Bruschi and others as "Consultants" for the young guys?

I agree the players need a primer on the Patriot Way and to an extent they're working on it by bringing in guys like Patten. Also, remember that there already a good core group of leaders in there: Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork, J. Green, Faulk, and others.

Although the young players needed leadership last year, you still can't teach them to NOT act and play like youth. They got that out of their system last year and will continue to grow this year and in the upcoming years.

You'd also have to think that Bruschi and Rodney aren't exactly itching to get near the game again. The game is too physical and too mentally draining so I'm sure they enjoy the healing process and doing things like ESPN The Weekend in sunny Florida. Give it a few years...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm sick of that too but Hoody had to revamp the team and get young. That's a commitment and you have to stick to that. You can't get desperate and start begging your older veterans to stay/come back because then you're just buying yourself a little more time and not really setting yourself up for another long-term run. The great thing about our coach, though, is the fact that he's always even keel --- whether he wins the Super Bowl, misses the playoffs, or gets blown out in the divisional round. People underestimate the leadership Hoody brings sometimes and that's mostly because he's not exactly a likable personality.

The defense is going to look great after we plug-in some form of a pass rush. ANY secondary is going to get torched without anyone in the QB's face so I know they'll fix that via the draft and free agency.

I think Patten will stick around and be the 4th/5th option. If he doesn't then that also means we're so stacked at receiver that a leader like him couldn't make the squad. He's got rapport with Brady, we know the work ethic he brings, and he knows the system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to How about Bruschi and others as "Consultants" for the young guys?:
    I was just thinking... It would be a great idea if the Pats could bring in some guys like Bruschi, Seau, Rodney Harrison, McGinest as consultants or 'assistant coaches' to help the young guys learn the game of football and learn how to be leaders, as well as maintain the Patriot Way on and off the field.  They wouldn't take up roster spots or high salary/contracts.  Let them come in and be a strong foundation for the young guys to lean on.  They can show the guys what kind of work ethic, attitude, leadership skills, etc. are required to win championships. The Pats sorely lack that kind of foundation in the locker-room and on the sideline.  While the actual team needs to get younger, they need some guidance and some leadership to help get them through tough times while they learn how to play and adjust to the NFL, as well as develop new leaders. I think it would go a long ways during big games and in the playoffs if they could roam the sidelines, be in the locker-room, on the practice field, in the meeting rooms, etc.  During games, such as the Colts game this year and the horrid playoff game, they could really use those guys on the sidelines for some extra words of advice and help get them focused.
    Posted by jasonh86

LESSON #1- You cannot teach people to be Leaders, they either are, or are not!
    I read that in "How to be a Leader, For Dummies"!
    Lesson #2- Never buy and read How to be a Leader for Dummies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I bet they already are "consultants"

Jerod Mayo mentioned that he has stayed in touch with Bruschi