How about focusing on the present.... PATRIOTS!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How about focusing on the present.... PATRIOTS!!

So the Colts may go 16 - 0, so the Pats are missing players from by-gone eras of super bowl wins and the '07 season will not be re-lived.  Why are there so many strings here focusing on things that have NO bearing on the present team of which we can't change or even about other teams concerns? 

Everyone wishes we had some of the dearly departed players back who may make a difference like AS, RS or even McGinnest!  Or talk of a 3rd receiver?  Santa does not have these things on his list.  There is a lot of confidence here, if the Pats play to their potential as we have seen on numerous times this season, the Pats can make a run in the playoffs.  Focus on that and let's focus on what the Pats have going for them now!

A victory this Sunday against the Jags will secure a playoff spot.  Even though, depending on how SD does, there is a shot at a higher seed, IMHO, the Pats need to rest some players next Sunday.  Maybe playing some starters in the first half against Houston is good to keep some sort of momentum, but, to play them late into a meaningless game may do more harm than good.  All we need is to see a focused and healthy Pats team in the playoffs.  The potential is there to see a pretty healthy Pats team for this year's playoffs and focusing on that, not all the other stuff, is better for the psyche, too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: How about focusing on the present.... PATRIOTS!!

Yeah . . .  but if we had Steve Nelson and Russ Francis . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I completely agree.  We have seen this team play some pretty dominant games this year and some less than dominant.  But I think if they could get going they can be a pretty dangerous team in the playoffs.  

Pats need to win to get at least 1 homefield game if they make the playoffs.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Agreed 100%.   Pats have the personnel to make a run.

The Patriots are going to go as far are the Coaching Takes them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Beacuse I miss the most important thing the 2009 Pats do not have....DEFENSE

I actually think BB has done one of his best coaching jobs this year.  As bad as I think this defense is....points wise...not all that bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You are right. There have been a few games this season where I have totally lost my focus on the upcoming game and the result was a disaster.

The worst was obviously the Saints game. The entire week before I had mapped out my preparations and was what I thought pretty focused. About an hour before game time, I pulled some wings from the fridge where I had thawed them the night before. I prepped them and heated up some oil and made some of the best wings I have done all season. How could this be wrong? Of course, we were playing New Orleans and the wings, despite being my best of the year, were totally out of place. I realized at halftime that I should have gone with a nice jumbalaya or something with more of a Creole flair. Needless to say, the outcome of that game speaks for itself.

This week, I am going back to basics with chips and a hot cheese dip from my wife's secret family recipe (melt about 12-16 slices of Kraft American Deluxe with 1 can of Rotel in a double boiler) Definitely nothing fancy, just something to keep me from talking during the game.

Oh, yeah, and some beer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The Pats are 1 creative OC away from the SB this year, since we don't have one Brady needs to work magic with what he has.
    I agree next week you see the starters for a Q if they are not doing well give another to make them feel good about stepping off the field but not a full game.

But if we had... :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"The Pats are 1 creative OC away from the SB this year, since we don't have one Brady needs to work magic with what he has."

In recent years, we seem to be always coming up with just one something or other that keeps us from final victory. I think they're called excuses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Because you don't miss your water untill the well runs dry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There's 6 days and 21 hours between Patriots football games.  Plenty of time to think about everything that could possibly be Patriot related.  Enoch is pointing out the obvious fact that it really doesn't matter what we focus on, we are just fans and can't affect the outcome anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I some what like this post.  Too many what ifs and we'll be just like the jets fans, what ifs is all they have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Enoch is pointing out the obvious fact that it really doesn't matter what we focus on, we are just fans and can't affect the outcome anyway."

If I told you what I did during the 21 game winning streak, I would be locked in a well-insulated room.