How about that #39

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

How about that #39

So, I guess the monkey is off Maroney's back, atleast for a week ;-)
    I really feel happy for the kid. It must have been frustrating for him, dancing along the scrimmage and not hitting the holes right. With Sammy Morris down with a knee injury, he had to step up.
    I guess snow does favor the brave!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: How about that #39

In Response to Re: How about that #39:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How about that #39 : You know what?  He was still dancing!  That's just his style.  If we give him a chance, he will be a very good player.  Some of us are too quick to jump down a guy's throat.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Blocking = running game
    (Doesn't matter who's running it)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I remember getting hung out to dry early last week for backing Maroney and I don't remember getting much help?
    I posted how he was ready to bust it open and be the back we expected and got thrashed for it. Where were you last week bmadmax?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney got 1600 yards in his first two seasons on a passing-first, run second team.  How bad can he be?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the threads, not him. They're still there if you want to see them. Like I said in my post last week, he's not a 20-25 carry primary back but he does have immense talent that we've only seen a little of. This kid has a lot more left in the tank.

Shanahan said this kid could be one of the best in the NFL and the Pats stole him. How was he on evaluating running talent?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I think ur wrong... he would become a better back if he got 20-25 carries... but NE system is not good for RB's... I think RB's get better with more carries... and not getting carries consistently hurts them... I think if maroney was drafted by another team, or the broncos like shanahan wanted, he would b a successful back in the league, barring the injuries that is...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Maybe you're right? I'm still behind this kid. I know he's had some dancing issues but I think he can still be real good.

btw-what would TB have for yardage if the conditions were good today? Could it have been better?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I am very happy for him and hope he continues...  When he pumps out plays like he did today against a real team I will be impressed, and ready to take him seriously, but I smell a fluke...

We can't forget that we got to see some good runs from BJGE, I was also excited to see him come out and play well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

You know what, is not the “dancing” that bothers me…Maroney should fight more for extra yards or inches, the way Welker does. Maroney looks like “I got five yards, it’s time to stop”…while Welker is thinking “I got five yards, now let’s dive for two more”.

Maroney has a lot of potential left in his tank because he’s not using it right… with all the carries and yards he’s making, the people can still see that he’s not an “extra effort kind of guy”.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Two points of Interest
    #1 Maroney has been used sparingly the past 4 or 5  games ...regardless of how well he ran he was only getting 2-4 carries a game in favor of Morris. He has to be reading the hand writing on the wall !!!
    #2 A slippery surface always favors the offense !!  He still danced a couple of times but the defense couldn't get to him the few times he did because of the slippery surface so he got away with it !! He is running hard though and I'm anxious to see him as the feature back on a dry surface before I'll be convinced Ivan Fears is finally doing his job with some kind of authority !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

He is not off the hook yet. Although he was still dancing a bit, he needs to run like he did EVERY GAME, for now on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Lets make it 2 in a row Mo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good game for him, but, and I do mean but, he didn't exactly go out there and face the Steelers on sunday. If he can perform like this in the post-BYE week games I think NE can go 5-0 against their toughest competition this year (MIA,INDY, NJJ, NO, MIA). 

With the injury to Morris, this brings up a fun debate, who is the better back on the roster? Is it the fan favorite number 42? Or is it the red-headed step-child in number 39? It's going to be a fun couple of weeks, boys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

I think the dancing crit is off a bit.  He danced on the TD run for good reason.  If he had just plowed ahead, he would have run into the back of his blockers and got nowhere.  
    A lot of young RB's have trouble because they outrun the blocking....

Notice that Fred Taylors' runs have lots of hesitation before he makes a decision.  The difference is, he makes the right decision most of the time whereas LM makes the wrong decision much of the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from malrubius. Show malrubius's posts

The O-line was pushing the Titans D back six yards on every play.  The Titans D was the worst prepared D I've ever seen.  And neither D could get any footing.  I'll wait before I change my mind on Maroney.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

If Morris is out for a long time, then I really think that BB should look in FA, or trade for some one as a security blanket. 39 is injury prone too, and if he is down, it would leave us with no-one but the law firm. Can't believe that we haven't had a featured back since Dillion!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

[QUOTE]I remember getting hung out to dry early last week for backing Maroney and I don't remember getting much help? I posted how he was ready to bust it open and be the back we expected and got thrashed for it. Where were you last week bmadmax?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Lol Sam-Adams,
    I guess I am one of those 'fans' who jump on the bandwagon when the time is right and abandon ship at the time of crisis. Jokes aside, although frustrated, I never critized 39 in public forums. I knew that he was not taking up much cap space (around 0.9 mil i think) and with his knowledge of the system, rather have him around and wait for a big game, then cut him and train some-one from scratch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Folks
    Maroney can't run this way every week. Say against the Steelers and the better run D teams The Pats don't game plan this way. They will put it on Tom. Someone brought up the skip step that Fred Taylor takes @ the hand off. Faulk does it too. I think that has been half of Maroney's problem. He's full speed into the back of the line that (SOMETIMES) has not made a hole yet. At that point he's (DANCING) within arms reach of the of the D players. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I STILL have issues.  He runs to the line, puts his hand on the O linemans back, and waits.  WHAT!?!?!?!  When Corey was here, LM looked like mini me, stiffarming guys to the ground like Corey did, one cut and then North South for as many as you could get.  Now he waits for a red carpet to open up.  Maybe he sees the light, but I dont think so.  All i saw was a defense getting it handed to them by our O line.  Good thing Bill B brought in 5 backs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

One game does not make (or break) any player.  Let's see him contribute at a high level for the next 3+ games. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

He just ran against an 0-6 football team that can't tackle...So we have one blow out game and all the fans are happy. And now Maroney is an all star. Come on people...Ben Jarvis looked even better!!!!!

So if Maroney is now a star (still dancing) then Ben Jarvis "HAS TO BE THE MAN"...Because Ben Jarvis looked even better...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Maroney has always had this type of potential it's just the poor o-line run blocking not really opening holes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlimo. Show jlimo's posts

Although this thread was started to praise Maroney, all of you are hating on him! I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's going to be a break out season for him.

Does he dance at the line of scrimmage? Yes. Does he run hard? Unlike some of you, yes, I believe he does run hard and fight for yardage. He fought for a couple of first downs. Did he play perhaps the worst team in the league? Yes. But regardless, he's a good running back and he'll have a good year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]He just ran against an 0-6 football team that can't tackle...So we have one blow out game and all the fans are happy. And now Maroney is an all star. Come on people...Ben Jarvis looked even better!!!!! So if Maroney is now a star (still dancing) then Ben Jarvis "HAS TO BE THE MAN"...Because Ben Jarvis looked even better...
    Posted by Patriotsftball[/QUOTE] bjge wasnt great,but good.