How about the run game last night.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How about the run game last night.

Putrid is too kind a word to describe it.  Talk about a major fail.  They can't pick up 1 freaking yard when they absolutely need to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: How about the run game last night.

Wretched. Ridley should be cut. He blows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123six. Show 123six's posts

Credit the jets DL...AND RUN STRAIGHT AHEAD WHEN YOU ONLY NEED 1 YEARD!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

They need to go all in and all out in the running game...

Was Bolden in-active due to injury?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

That was the most disappointing part of the game for me. I can get past rookie WRs making mistakes, but our running game was nonexistent. Against the Jets.  Uuuggghh...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Oy vey, you all must be pining for the days of BJGE or Maroney...

If the running game consistently stinks I'll agree it stinks.  In game 2 you'll excuse me if I don't agree.  W TF is Ridley supposed to do when he had to make his first move 5 yards in the backfield?  It was not a great night for the OL.  It's not gonna get any easier for Ridley until other offensive personnel get healthy.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

W TF is Ridley supposed to do when he had to make his first move 5 yards in the backfield? 

You're missing the point. RIDLEY F'N BLOWS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought that the OL was just awful in the run game and how about McDaniels with just over 2 minutes left in the game he decides to pitch out to Ridley on a sweep around left end. Hello! Did you notice that it was raining and that Ridley has the worst hands on the team? Geez, what a surprise that Ridley bobbles the ball and almost coughs it up again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm not missing the point, or at least I'm not agreeing with your assessment.  If Ridley can correct his drops he's a good back.  If he's a head case, then we'll find that out soon enough.  Re-watch the game on DVR if you can and tell me that he had a shot on a good percentage of the runs where he was immediately stuffed or was held to 1 yard.  That's Ridley's fault?  If you've consistently said that Ridley stinks, then you're being consistent in that opinion.  I didn't hear too many people saying Ridley Scuks last year.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm not missing the point, or at least I'm not agreeing with your assessment.  If Ridley can correct his drops he's a good back.  If he's a head case, then we'll find that out soon enough.  Re-watch the game on DVR if you can and tell me that he had a shot on a good percentage of the runs where he was immediately stuffed or was held to 1 yard.  That's Ridley's fault?  If you've consistently said that Ridley stinks, then you're being consistent in that opinion.  I didn't hear too many people saying Ridley Scuks last year.  

Ridley doesn't blow. 

But, obviously, as if the playoffs without Gronk weren't enough to illustrate this: Ridley, and especially Benny, are not the kind of runners who can carry an offense. 

Ridley is a good peice, if you have other WR/TE stars to build the offense around. Benny is a backup. 

They can "go all in" on their running game if they want. But Ridley isn't the kind of runner who can carry this offense. If the other team is set up for him to run, he doesn't make it happen. 

He's not Ray Rice, or Arian Foster, or some other back that teams game plan to specifically stop before evey single game ... and who then comes out and still manages to get 100 yards. 

He's a guy who can keep the chains moving if you give him space, and occaisionally gash you if you let him into the second level. 

And yeah ... the running game was't good, per the OP. But who really thought that Ridley was going to carry the load of losing Welker, Gronk, and Hern, then Amendola.

He's a good back ... he's not Barry Sanders. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ridley doesn't blow. 

But, obviously, as if the playoffs without Gronk weren't enough to illustrate this: Ridley, and especially Benny, are not the kind of runners who can carry an offense. 

Ridley is a good peice, if you have other WR/TE stars to build the offense around. Benny is a backup. 

They can "go all in" on their running game if they want. But Ridley isn't the kind of runner who can carry this offense. If the other team is set up for him to run, he doesn't make it happen. 

He's not Ray Rice, or Arian Foster, or some other back that teams game plan to specifically stop before evey single game ... and who then comes out and still manages to get 100 yards. 

He's a guy who can keep the chains moving if you give him space, and occaisionally gash you if you let him into the second level. 

And yeah ... the running game was't good, per the OP. But who really thought that Ridley was going to carry the load of losing Welker, Gronk, and Hern, then Amendola.

He's a good back ... he's not Barry Sanders. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree fully.  Ridley is part of the solution to an effective run game.  He's not top notch, but he does a lot of things that help a team win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

W TF is Ridley supposed to do when he had to make his first move 5 yards in the backfield? 

[/QUOTE]

1. Ridley blows

2. BB terrible GM

3. Defense sucks

Am I missing anything else babe.. jeez man.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Ridley blows

2. BB terrible GM

3. Defense sucks

[/QUOTE]

Average pts allowed in all  nfl games this yr.= 18.  Patriots last night ; 10;  almost half as many as average "blows"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Jets had the best rush D last year, Rex Ryan can coach the run defense. It's okay to give credit where it is due, you ladies.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Ridley blows

2. BB terrible GM

3. Defense sucks

[/QUOTE]

Never said BB was a terrible GM. He's, meh. The rest of your assessment regarding my views are accurate. I am taking a wait and see position on the D so far this year. But previous to them getting Talib and moving McCourty, they clearly sucked bigtime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Def looked awful, but it's gonna be tough to run against most teams when they know you can't complete more than a 7 yard slant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Putrid is too kind a word to describe it.  Talk about a major fail.  They can't pick up 1 freaking yard when they absolutely need to.

I know I started a similar thread about it yesterday. With possibly the most inexperienced bunch of receivers in the BB and Brady era they should have leaned heavily on the run game and every available RB should have been active. It was beyond poor. The Jets run game was 4 times as good. Ridley was terrible. Blount just as bad. The much vaunted Oline once again failed to open anything up to take pressure off the rookie receivers and establish a run game. Same problems that have plagued the team the last few years. Can't get 1 or 2 yards when needed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

I know I started a similar thread about it yesterday. With possibly the most inexperienced bunch of receivers in the BB and Brady era they should have leaned heavily on the run game and every available RB should have been active. It was beyond poor. The Jets run game was 4 times as good. Ridley was terrible. Blount just as bad. The much vaunted Oline once again failed to open anything up to take pressure off the rookie receivers and establish a run game. Same problems that have plagued the team the last few years. Can't get 1 or 2 yards when needed.

[/QUOTE]

If you admit that our OL was bad, why blame Ridley? How is he suppose to run if David Harris meets him at the LOS?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Def looked awful, but it's gonna be tough to run against most teams when they know you can't complete more than a 7 yard slant.

Agreed, but I have hope because the receivers were getting open. Now they just need to get on the same page with Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Wretched. Ridley should be cut. He blows.

Lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Would've been nice to have one.