How are the rookies doing Mel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

How are the rookies doing Mel?

Per Mel Kiper

1. Sheldon Richardson, DT, New York Jets
    So far, the Jets lead all NFL teams in run defense, allowing just 3.0 yards per carry, and Richardson is one of the main reasons why. He's been consistently disruptive, showing tremendous quickness and athleticism, eliminating the chance for blockers to move him and then getting to the second level. I also like his versatility -- we've even seen him line up as a fullback on offense down near the goal line. So far, the first interior lineman taken in the draft has lived up to the billing. He also has 2.5 sacks.

Alonso

2. Kiko Alonso, ILB, Buffalo
    Love his production, fiery approach and the number of impact plays he's been able to make. For instance, Alonso is tied for the NFL lead in interceptions (four) but is also leading the Bills in tackles with 44 (he also has a sack). He's one of the best pure athletes (if not the best) of any inside linebacker in the NFL right now. The key with Alonso is that because of his versatility, he never has to come off the field.

Vaccaro

3. Kenny Vaccaro, S, New Orleans
    I'm giving him some bonus points, because while he's made his share of mistakes and taken some poor angles, he is staying on the field and has helped the Saints orchestrate one of the great defensive turnarounds we've seen in recent years (assuming they can keep this up). Vaccaro isn't asked to do much against the run but is instead playing a lot of deep patrol. Still, he's second on the team in tackles and has recorded a sack and an interception. While he was beaten deep late in the game on Sunday against Chicago, his overall performance through the first five games has been strong.

Ansah

4. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit
    He leads the Lions' defense with 3.5 sacks and is quickly becoming a fear factor-type player because the offensive always has to account for him. That said, his best work hasn't even been done as a pass-rusher -- he's been good against the run, too. His pass rush is inconsistent, but he just needs to learn. He's only going to get better with more experience; despite his age (24), he hasn't played much football yet.

Smith

5. Geno Smith, QB, New York Jets
    He has had ups and down and has turned the ball over too much, but that's what you expect from a rookie. However, he's shown poise, has never lost his confidence, is gaining respect from his teammates, and has come through in the clutch, rallying the Jets with two late fourth-quarter drives to pull out victories against Tampa Bay and Atlanta. The Atlanta victory, in particular, was a signature win because his late play was just the icing on top of a performance with great statistical efficiency. And let's remember: He's operating without a top-flight supporting cast, yet has been able to show nice progress. He's mixed a good deep ball with savvy as a scrambler.

Bernard

6. Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati
    He's been a key element in their big wins against Green Bay and New England, displaying the all-purpose talents that make him so valuable. When the Bengals drafted him, we knew a big reason why was because they wanted a back they could throw to. Bernard is currently leading the Bengals with a 4.6-yard average per carry, but he's also hauled in 14 receptions for a 9.2-yard average.

Mingo

7. Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Cleveland
    He didn't record a sack against Buffalo in his most recent game, but Mingo turned in a solid performance, and he is improving after missing much of the preseason. He recorded a sack in each of the three previous games, showcasing cat-like quickness and a sustained intensity level. Mingo is still more athlete than polished pass-rusher, but he could have a big second half of the season, because once he learns to counter more off his initial quickness, he's going to be really difficult to block.

Warford

8. Larry Warford, OG, Detroit
    Although I didn't grade him out as high this past week against Green Bay as in the four previous games, Warford has done a very solid job overall for the Lions. He doesn't give up any inside pressure in the passing game, and he can get a push in the run game, with the power to move defenders. He'll get better, and he's off to a great start.

Lotulelei

9. Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina
    He drops some just because he hasn't been on the field as much as some others, but he also got to sit a lot during a blowout win against the Giants, and Carolina has already had a bye. During the 150 snaps he's seen so far, Lotulelei has proven to be the block-occupying run-stopper he was drafted to be. Carolina is allowing just 3.6 yards per carry, a clear improvement from last season, and Lotulelei is a big reason why.

Mathieu

10. Tyrann Mathieu, S, Arizona
    He has a knack for impacting a game in a very positive way. His instincts are top-notch. Against Carolina on Sunday, he recorded five tackles (all solo) and also made his presence felt behind the line of scrimmage. He had a sack, a tackle for loss, and a pair of QB hits. He's stayed on the field regardless of down and distance, is second on the team in tackles, and can play either deep or close to the line. So far, the Honey Badger looks like a third-round steal.

Hopkins

11. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston
    Two weeks ago he was the top rookie here, but he's cooled off some the past two weeks, with just four total catches for 50 total yards. He'll need to find a way to create more space against good defenses, which is what he saw against Seattle and San Francisco. He has 22 catches and 293 yards so far, and has the skill level to become a Pro Bowl player.

Reid

12. Eric Reid, S, San Francisco
    He dropped an easy interception against Houston but played very well overall. He's fourth on the team in tackles, has a pair of INTs, and is another young safety who doesn't come off the field. The 49ers moved up to draft him out of LSU, and they clearly had big plans for him when they did.

Ogletree

13. Alec Ogletree, OLB, St. Louis
    I'd like to see more game-changing plays from a player with his talent and explosiveness, but you can't deny the fact that he's been around the ball. He's tied with James Laurinaitis for the team lead with 36 tackles (32 of Ogletree's have been solo tackles). The key for Ogletree is pursuit and fundamentals. He can overpursue and fail to get into good position for tackles, which is why he's missed more than a handful. But he'll get better.

Thompkins

14. Kenbrell Thompkins, WR, New England
    He's had a few drops along the way, but the undrafted free-agent find out of Cincinnati is second on the team with 18 catches for a 15.2-yard average, and he leads the team with three TD receptions. I'm actually giving Thompkins a little more credit than his numbers might imply, based on his targets. Tom Brady has thrown to him 44 times, and the tape shows that Thompkins can create space to get those targets. He just needs to haul in a few more of them.

Williams

15. Terrance Williams, WR, Dallas
    After a messy start to the season, he's been really coming on of late, and he could be a star of the not-too-distant future if he becomes a little more consistent. Over the past two games, he has 11 catches for 222 yards. Tony Romo is warming up to the rookie now that Williams has a better idea of where he's supposed to be on the field.

Next up

Andre Ellington, RB, Arizona -- Averaging 6.7 yards per carry, and is a factor in the passing game.
    Travis Frederick, C, Dallas -- Has been strong after some early struggles. And he's healthy.
    D.J. Fluker, RT, San Diego -- Has held up well as a pass-blocker, though his rep is as powerful run-blocker.
    Robert Woods, WR, Buffalo -- Had chemistry with EJ Manuel. Will he get targets now that Manuel is injured?
    John Jenkins, DT, New Orleans -- Overshadowed but effective on the revamped defense.
    Kawann Short, DT, Carolina -- Needs more playing time, because he gets to the QB when he's on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: How are the rookies doing Mel?

First off, When I saw this I initially asked, "why is Kiper comparing the production of a udfa vs much earlier round talent?" "Doesn't sound like a fair comparison". 

However, when considering the production from the others drafted by the pats, thompkins, a udfa, actually has been the most productive of our entire 2013 draft class. Should that be a cause for concern? 

Well, it opens all types of the usual question about the draft and bb, and I am not going down that rathole because I will get pounced on....bb has had the best draft of any GM from 2010-2012. Name me one that is better. Get what I mean? 

Does it concern you that a udfa is leading all rookies in production, while another udfa, and 7th round pick seem to be 2 and 3?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I think people put to much emphasis on where a guy was drafted or not drafted. All that matters is a player making a team and taking adavantage of, doing well, and improving with the chances and opportunities he is able to gain for himself. No matter the reasons for those opportunities.

There are most likely plenty of young players who might be as good or better than some of the ones on the list but are simply in situations that do not afford them the opportunity to play right away because of quality depth in front of them on their respective teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First off, When I saw this I initially asked, "why is Kiper comparing the production of a udfa vs much earlier round talent?" "Doesn't sound like a fair comparison". 

However, when considering the production from the others drafted by the pats, thompkins, a udfa, actually has been the most productive of our entire 2013 draft class. Should that be a cause for concern? 

Well, it opens all types of the usual question about the draft and bb, and I am not going down that rathole because I will get pounced on....bb has had the best draft of any GM from 2010-2012. Name me one that is better. Get what I mean? 

Does it concern you that a udfa is leading all rookies in production, while another udfa, and 7th round pick seem to be 2 and 3?

[/QUOTE]

I mean this is a bit silly. He randomly picks 15 rookies, one of which is a Patriot, and some how means the Pats draft was a failure?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean this is a bit silly. He randomly picks 15 rookies, one of which is a Patriot, and some how means the Pats draft was a failure?

[/QUOTE]

Apparently that's his agenda Not mine. I was simply reflecting what the article made think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think people put to much emphasis on where a guy was drafted or not drafted. All that matters is a player making a team and taking adavantage of, doing well, and improving with the chances and opportunities he is able to gain for himself. No matter the reasons for those opportunities.

There are most likely plenty of young players who might be as good or better than some of the ones on the list but are simply in situations that do not afford them the opportunity to play right away because of quality depth in front of them on their respective teams.

[/QUOTE]

True. This is in part what I like about bb. Doesn't matter where you are drafted but what you do after that. But it also cuts the other way, otherwise there wouldn't be a premium assigned to high picks. 

In terms of context...playing devils advocate here...if a team is comprised of lots of udfa and late round talent, does the new udfa have a larger probability to succeed? What does that say about the talent level of the team overall? 

i find it interesting that teams who consistently pick in the top 15 aren't all getting better. Sure you have San Fran coming on due to their years of early picks, but you also have a,Jacksonville that doesn't do squat. This kind of proves your point. My point above was more around overall roster quality. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you really should consider changing your name.  How is it that someone named Low-FB-IQ consistently has some of the most sensible and reasonable posts here?  Good post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

True. This is in part what I like about bb. Doesn't matter where you are drafted but what you do after that. But it also cuts the other way, otherwise there wouldn't be a premium assigned to high picks. 

In terms of context...playing devils advocate here...if a team is comprised of lots of udfa and late round talent, does the new udfa have a larger probability to succeed? What does that say about the talent level of the team overall? 

i find it interesting that teams who consistently pick in the top 15 aren't all getting better. Sure you have San Fran coming on due to their years of early picks, but you also have a,Jacksonville that doesn't do squat. This kind of proves your point. My point above was more around overall roster quality. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure. They are the ones being "projected" to possibly end up the best. No doubt.

It's a good question and probably most likely depends on the strength/quality of the team more than just the total number of UDFA/late round players on the roster. If after a handful of years it just so happened that more of your better players ended up being your UDFA/late rounders but your team was doing well then maybe not so much. If your team stinks then sure its possible the probability might be easier for a new UDFA/late rounder to make it.

One thing is for certain though. If the new UDFA/late rounders position is largely vacant on the team he certainly has a greater probability of making it. That can be said of the higher rounders as well though. (ie. years in which they drafted Gronk and Hernandez, Mayo, etc. Years in which they had glaring holes to fill) Those guys all eneded up being good players but they may not have all started right away, especially under BB, if the positions were not mostly vacant. When having the option, BB does seem to take his time with a lot of guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is utterly ridiculous.  Considering our first drafted rookie was 52nd overall, you would think we wouldn't have ANY names among the a list of the top 15 most productive rookies.  Just because Thompkins has outplayed not only the Pats rookie class, but the entire rookie classes of 2/3 of the other teams in the NFL, is not a poor reflection on the Pats or their draft class; it's a compliment to Thompkins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is utterly ridiculous.  Considering our first drafted rookie was 52nd overall, you would think we wouldn't have ANY names among the a list of the top 15 most productive rookies.  Just because Thompkins has outplayed not only the Pats rookie class, but the entire rookie classes of 2/3 of the other teams in the NFL, is not a poor reflection on the Pats or their draft class; it's a compliment to Thompkins.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. +1

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

This is just a list of Kiper's opinion on who the best performing rookies, so far. The way the list was constructed, it is not an evaluation of how well teams drafted. It certainly does not look like it was construted to evaluate how well BB drafted. I do not understand why this list brings out defensiveness about BB's draft choices.

If you want an evaluation of how well teams drafted, put out the draft order and check how the picks are doing in their respective teams.

For me, an interesting exercise is to evaluate how well the draft gurus evaluated the 2013 talent base. The way to do that is to look at the experts' big boards. It is their ranking of the talent (i.e. supposedly the ranking by probability of succeeding in the NFL), without consideration of fit with teams' needs.

Here is Kiper's ranking as of March 2013 (post-combine). There's probably a Top 100 list on ESPN insider, but I am not a member.

1.    Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida Gators

2.    Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama Crimson Tide

3.    Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan Chippewas

4.    Luke Jockel, OT, Texas A&M Aggies

5.    Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia Bulldogs

6.    Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon Ducks

7.    Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB, LSU Tigers

8.    Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina Tar Heels

9.    Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama Crimson Tide

10.  Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma Sooners

11.  Ezekiel Ansah, BYU Cougars

12.  Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah Utes

13.  Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State Seminoles

14.  Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri Tigers

15.  Tavon Austin, RB/WR/KR, West Virginia Mountaineers

16.  Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas Longhorns

17.  Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

18.  Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia Bulldogs

19.  Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

20.  Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee Volunteers

21.  DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama Crimson Tide

22.  Matt Elam, S, Florida Gators

23.  Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina Tar Heels

24.  John Cyprien, S, Florida International Golden Panthers

25.  Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama Crimson Tide

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Here is a top 100 list from Matt Miller of Bleacherreport

OT

Luke Joeckel

Texas A&M

6'6"

OG

Chance Warmack

Alabama

6'2"

OT

Eric Fisher

Central Michigan

6'7"

DT

Sharrif Floyd

Florida

6'3"

DE

Cornellius Carradine

Florida State

6'4"

WR

Cordarrelle Patterson

Tennessee

6'2"

DT

Star Lotulelei

Utah

6'3"

DE

Dion Jordan

Oregon

6'6"

DT

Sheldon Richardson

Missouri

6'3"

FS

Kenny Vaccaro

Texas

6'0"

WR

Tavon Austin

West Virginia

5'9"

DE

Ezekiel Ansah

Brigham Young

6'5"

OT

Lane Johnson

Oklahoma

6'6"

QB

Geno Smith

West Virginia

6'3"

CB

Dee Milliner

Alabama

6'0"

OLB

Jarvis Jones

Georgia

6'3"

CB

Desmond Trufant

Washington

6'0"

OG

Jonathan Cooper

North Carolina

6'2"

DE

Bjoern Werner

Florida State

6'3"

CB

Johnthan Banks

Mississippi State

6'2"

OLB

Alec Ogletree

Georgia

6'3"

SS

Jonathan Cyprien

Florida International

6'0"

DE

Datone Jones

UCLA

6'4"

OLB

Arthur Brown

Kansas State

6'1"

DE

Alex Okafor

Texas

6'5"

WR

Keenan Allen

California

6'2"

DT

Jesse Williams

Alabama

6'4"

ILB

Manti Te'o

Notre Dame

6'1"

OLB

Barkevious Mingo

LSU

6'4"

CB

Xavier Rhodes

Florida State

6'2"

TE

Zach Ertz

Stanford

6'5"

TE

Tyler Eifert

Notre Dame

6'6"

QB

Matt Barkley

Southern California

6'3"

RB

Johnathan Franklin

UCLA

5'10"

DE

Damontre Moore

Texas A&M

6'5"

DT

Kawann Short

Purdue

6'3"

CB

Jamar Taylor

Boise State

5'11"

OT

D.J. Fluker

Alabama

6'5"

RB

Eddie Lacy

Alabama

5'11"

WR

DeAndre Hopkins

Clemson

6'1"

WR

Robert Woods

Southern California

6'1"

OG

Justin Pugh

Syracuse

6'5"

ILB

Kevin Minter

LSU

6'0"

SS

Matt Elam

Florida

5'10"

OT

Kyle Long

Oregon

6'6"

CB

Jordan Poyer

Oregon State

6'0"

FS

D.J. Swearinger

South Carolina

5'11"

WR

Quinton Patton

Louisiana Tech

6'0"

QB

Ryan Nassib

Syracuse

6'2"

QB

EJ Manuel

Florida State

6'5"

DT

Sylvester Williams

North Carolina

6'3"

DE

Margus Hunt

Southern Methodist

6'8"

CB

David Amerson

North Carolina State

6'1"

FS

Phillip Thomas

Fresno State

6'1"

DE

Sam Montgomery

LSU

6'3"

FS

Eric Reid

LSU

6'1"

OLB

Khaseem Greene

Rutgers

6'1"

TE

Vance McDonald

Rice

6'4"

OLB

Sio Moore

Connecticut

6'1"

CB

Darius Slay

Mississippi State

6'0"

WR

Justin Hunter

Tennessee

6'4"

RB

Marcus Lattimore

South Carolina

5'11"

OT

Terron Armstead

Arkansas-Pine Bluff

6'5"

WR

Terrance Williams

Baylor

6'2"

CB

D.J. Hayden

Houston

5'11"

OLB

Jamie Collins

Southern Mississippi

6'4"

OT

Menelik Watson

Florida State

6'5"

OG

Larry Warford

Kentucky

6'3"

CB

Logan Ryan

Rutgers

5'11"

OT

Jordan Mills

Louisiana Tech

6'5"

CB

Robert Alford

Southeastern Louisiana

5'10"

TE

Gavin Escobar

San Diego State

6'6"

DT

Brandon Williams

Missouri Southern State

6'1"

WR

Marquise Goodwin

Texas

5'9"

OLB

Zaviar Gooden

Missouri

6'2"

QB

Tyler Wilson

Arkansas

6'2"

DT

Johnathan Hankins

Ohio State

6'3"

WR

Markus Wheaton

Oregon State

5'11"

C

Barrett Jones

Alabama

6'5"

RB

Giovani Bernard

North Carolina

5'9"

SS

Shamarko Thomas

Syracuse

5'9"

OLB

Corey Lemonier

Auburn

6'4"

OLB

DeVonte Holloman

South Carolina

6'2"

TE

Jordan Reed

Florida

6'3"

WR

Stedman Bailey

West Virginia

5'10"

ILB

Kiko Alonso

Oregon

6'4"

SS

Shawn Williams

Georgia

6'0"

TE

Travis Kelce

Cincinnati

6'5"

ILB

Jon Bostic

Florida

6'1"

WR

Kenny Stills

Oklahoma

6'1"

OLB

Chase Thomas

Stanford

6'3"

OT

Dallas Thomas

Tennessee

6'5"

RB

Le'Veon Bell

Michigan State

6'2"

DE

Quanterus Smith

Western Kentucky

6'5"

DE

Michael Buchanan

Illinois

6'6"

OT

David Bakhtiari

Colorado

6'4"

WR

Da'Rick Rogers

Tennessee Tech

6'3"

RB

Joseph Randle

Oklahoma State

6'0"

CB

Dwayne Gratz

Connecticut

5'11"

C

Travis Frederick

Wisconsin

6'4"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Sorry about how that list turned out. Let me try again.

Here is a top 100 list from Matt Miller of Bleacherreport

OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M 6'6" 306 1

2 OG Chance Warmack Alabama 6'2" 317 1

3 OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan 6'7" 306 1

4 DT Sharrif Floyd Florida 6'3" 297 1

5 DE Cornellius Carradine Florida State 6'4" 276 1

6 WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee 6'2" 216 1

7 DT Star Lotulelei Utah 6'3" 3111

8 DE Dion Jordan Oregon 6'6" 248 1

9 DT Sheldon Richardson Missouri 6'3" 294 1

10 FS Kenny Vaccaro  Texas 6'0" 214 1

11 WR Tavon Austin West Virginia 5'9" 174 1

12 DE Ezekiel Ansah  Brigham Young 6'5" 271 1

13 OT Lane Johnson Oklahoma 6'6" 303 1

14 QB Geno Smith West Virginia 6'3" 218 1

15 CB Dee Milliner Alabama 6'0" 201 1

16 OLB Jarvis Jones Georgia 6'3" 245 1

17 CB Desmond Trufant Washington 6'0" 190 1

18 OG Jonathan Cooper North Carolina 6'2" 311 1

19 DE Bjoern Werner Florida State 6'3" 266 1

20 CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State 6'2" 185 1

21 OLB Alec Ogletree  Georgia 6'3" 242 1

22 SS Jonathan Cyprien  Florida International 6'0" 217 1

23 DE Datone Jones UCLA 6'4" 283 1

24 OLB Arthur Brown Kansas State 6'1" 241 1

25 DE Alex Okafor Texas 6'5" 264 1

26 WR Keenan Allen California 6'2" 206 1

27 DT Jesse Williams Alabama 6'4" 323 1

28 ILB Manti Te'o Notre Dame 6'1" 241 1

29 OLB Barkevious Mingo  LSU 6'4" 241 1

30 CB  Xavier Rhodes Florida State 6'2" 210 1

31 TE Zach Ertz  Stanford 6'5" 249 1

32 TE Tyler Eifert  Notre Dame 6'6" 250 1

33 QB Matt Barkley Southern California 6'3" 227 2

34 RB Johnathan Franklin UCLA 5'10" 205 2

35 DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M 6'5" 250 2

36 DT Kawann Short Purdue 6'3" 299 2

37 CB Jamar Taylor Boise State 5'11" 192 2

38 OT D.J. Fluker  Alabama 6'5" 339 2

39 RB Eddie Lacy Alabama 5'11" 231 2

40 WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson 6'1" 214 2

41 WR Robert Woods Southern California 6'1" 201 2

42 OG Justin Pugh Syracuse 6'5" 307 2

43 ILB Kevin Minter LSU 6'0" 246 2

44 SS Matt Elam Florida 5'10" 208 2

45 OT Kyle Long Oregon 6'6" 313 2

46 CB Jordan Poyer  Oregon State 6'0" 1912

47 FS D.J. Swearinger  South Carolina 5'11" 208 2

48 WR Quinton Patton Louisiana Tech 6'0" 204 2

49 QB Ryan Nassib  Syracuse 6'2" 227 2

50 QB EJ Manuel Florida State 6'5" 237 2

51 DT Sylvester Williams North Carolina 6'3" 313 2

52 DE Margus Hunt Southern Methodist 6'8" 277 2

53 CB David Amerson  North Carolina State 6'1" 205 2

54 FS Phillip Thomas Fresno State 6'1" 208 2

55 DE Sam Montgomery LSU 6'3" 262 2

56 FS Eric Reid LSU 6'1" 213 2

57 OLB Khaseem Greene Rutgers 6'1" 241 2

58 TE Vance McDonald Rice 6'4" 267 2

59 OLB Sio Moore Connecticut 6'1" 245 2

60 CB Darius Slay Mississippi State 6'0" 192 2

61 WR Justin Hunter Tennessee 6'4" 196 2

62 RB Marcus Lattimore   South Carolina 5'11" 221 2

63 OT Terron Armstead  Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'5" 306 2

64 WR Terrance Williams Baylor 6'2" 208 2

65 CB D.J. Hayden Houston 5'11" 191 3

66 OLB Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'4" 250 3

67 OT Menelik Watson Florida State 6'5" 310 3

68 OG Larry Warford  Kentucky 6'3" 332 3

69 CB Logan Ryan Rutgers 5'11" 191 3

70  OT Jordan Mills Louisiana Tech  6'5" 316 3

71 CB Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana 5'10" 188 3

72 TE Gavin Escobar  San Diego State 6'6" 254 3

73 DT Brandon Williams Missouri Southern State 6'1" 335 3

74 WR Marquise Goodwin Texas 5'9" 183 3

75 OLB Zaviar Gooden  Missouri 6'2" 234 3

76 QB Tyler Wilson Arkansas 6'2" 215 3

77 DT Johnathan Hankins  Ohio State 6'3" 320 3

78 WR Markus Wheaton  Oregon State 5'11" 189 3

79 C Barrett Jones Alabama 6'5" 306 3

80 RB Giovani Bernard North Carolina 5'9" 202 3

81 SS Shamarko Thomas Syracuse 5'9" 213 3

82 OLB Corey Lemonier  Auburn 6'4" 255 3

83 OLB DeVonte Holloman  South Carolina 6'2" 243 3

84 TE Jordan Reed Florida 6'3" 236 3

85 WR Stedman Bailey West Virginia 5'10" 193 3

86 ILB Kiko Alonso Oregon 6'4" 238 3

87 SS Shawn Williams Georgia 6'0" 213 3

88 TE Travis Kelce  Cincinnati 6'5" 255 3

89 ILB Jon Bostic  Florida 6'1" 245 3

90 WR Kenny Stills Oklahoma 6'1" 194 3

91 OLB Chase Thomas Stanford 6'3" 244 3

92 OT Dallas Thomas Tennessee 6'5" 306 3

93 RB Le'Veon Bell Michigan State 6'2" 230 3

94 DE Quanterus Smith Western Kentucky 6'5" 250 3

95 DE Michael Buchanan Illinois 6'6" 255 3

96 OT David Bakhtiari  Colorado 6'4" 299 3

97 WR Da'Rick Rogers Tennessee Tech 6'3" 217 4

98 RB Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6'0" 204 4

99 CB Dwayne Gratz  Connecticut 5'11" 201 4

100 C Travis Frederick Wisconsin 6'4" 312 4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, let me understand what your big problem is with this list.  Since BB traded down, as he has done often, he is not expected to get quality players?  That, is utterly ridiculous.  And while we're talking about utterly ridiculous, so is this, "Thompkins has outplayed not only the Pats rookie class, but the entire rookie classes of 2/3 of the other teams in the NFL".  Get a little perspective.  Thompkins has shown some talent to separate, along with a talent to drop a lot of passes.   He's got a 41% catch rate.   Stop whining about BB trading down and the lack of talent as a result.  

[/QUOTE]

What was utterly ridiculous was the post I was replying to, not the original list.  I've never once whined about BB trading down.  Thompkins has work to do on his game (as all NFL rookies do 5 games into their career), but he HAS been productive; to the tune of the 14th best rookie so far this season, according to that list.  Which means, he has outplayed each individual rookie of 19 teams in the NFL, which is approximately 2/3 of the league.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not when every one of the drafted rookies made the team too.  It's good to find a KT but it's not the scouting staff's fault if every one of their draft picks is a reasonable hit. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looks like Collins/Dobson/Ryan/ Harmon is another of BB's fabulous drafts. LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to laugh at Mel Kiper saying Bernard was a "key" in Cincy's win vs NE. Bernard had 1 good run and Cincy scored 13 points.

LMAO

Could that analysis be any more incorrect?

Also, I agree that RIchardson has been a good plugger for NY, but he's done nothing in the pass rush area, as the Jets pass D is atrocious so far.   So, good job by the Jets to get that one dimensional DT at pick #13.    Makes up for your bust at #14 last year in Coples.

Ryan shredded them without a healthy White and Jones for the majority of the game.

[/QUOTE]

seems Steve Meunch disagrees;

There's one storyline that stands out more than the others, though, and it's the way the Jets' defensive front manhandled Atlanta's offensive line.

The Jets have invested three of their past four first-round picks on defensive linemen and those investments are paying off. They took DE Muhammad Wilkerson out of Temple with the 30th pick in 2011, they took DE/OLB Quinton Coples out of North Carolina with the 16th pick in 2012 and they took Sheldon Richardson out of Missouri with the 13th pick this year. Let's focus on Wilkerson and Richardson, who shined Monday night.

Wilkerson recorded seven tackles, two tackles for loss and a strip sack. At 6-foot-4, 315 pounds, Wilkerson has impressive versatility for a man his size and the Jets moved him all over the front, making it tough for Atlanta to locate him and adjust its blocking schemes to account for him. His 35-plus inch arms, upper body strength and active hands were noticeable regardless of where he lined up. He discarded blockers with relative ease whether he was rushing the passer or defending the run.

The strip sack is an excellent example of how good Wilkerson is with his hands right now. He beat the right tackle with a quick swim move to the inside and knocked the right guard's hands down before extending that long left arm and knocking the ball out of QB
    Matt Ryan's hands. The way he played Monday night reminded me of Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, who was selected 19 picks earlier than Wilkerson in 2011.

Players like Wilkerson and Watt are rare. There is one draft-eligible player who has that kind of frame and upside in this year's class, though. Even if Notre Dame's
    Stephon Tuitt isn't quite as big (as I suspect) as his listed size of 6-7, 322 pounds, he's more than big enough to hold his own on the inside and agile enough to play on the outside. He's an above-average hand fighter who appears to have long arms and shows above-average upper body strength on film. If he can refine his technique and improve his consistency in terms of pad level, he has the potential to be a difference-maker at the NFL level. This is why he projects as a first-round pick.

As for Richardson, he isn't quite as fast or agile as Wilkerson, so he's not as effective rushing the passer lined up on the edge. However, he can hold his ground against the run working against offensive tackles and he can wreak havoc on the inside. It showed on Monday, as he recorded five tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack in addition to deflecting a pass. At 6-3, 294 pounds, Richardson doesn't have elite size for the position and he can get pushed around when he plays high, yet he can hold his own at nose tackle when teams run at him and he regularly pushes the piles as an interior pass-rusher. The reason is he's strong for his size and more importantly he's quicker than he's fast. He uses that explosive first step to beat blockers to the point of attack and he's tough to handle once he establishes position.