how can the money work with peppers??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Well, either way, I think the Pats would have to dump some salary to get under the cap for this season. They probably wont have much money left after rookie contracts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I'd say that the most likely candidate to not end up back with the Pats is Mankins. Great player, but BB has never spent big money on the OL. OLB is a different story when you consider that Colvin & Thomas were both huge free agent signings, thus I can see how Peppers could be enticing to BB. As far as Seymore is concerned, he already makes big money so whats an extra 2-4 mil/yr in salary gonna do? Therefore re-signing Seymore to me is a non-issue. Wilfork plays NT which isn't a big money position even if your a perennial pro-bowler there. I believe that the going rate is about 6 mil/yr, so again shouldn't be a big deal. OL can make big money and as of right now Mankins makes very little which is why he seems the most difficult to sign given how much of a cap could exist between what he makes now, and what he'd command in free agency. Theoretically you could resign both Seymore & Wilfork and have the cap only increase by say 8 mil/yr, which isn't that unreasonable I might add given there talents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Will the pats have to say bye to mankins, wilfork and seymour. it seemed as though the thought was we would only be able to keep two of them before the peppers talk. is that number down to one? If we could only keep one i would say wilfork and try to draft a d-lineman and o-lineman in the draft.

However, even if the pats can only keep this d together for one year, wow! to continue the wishful thinking if the pats get maualuga and the front 7 consists of warren,wilfork,seymour and peppers,maualuga,mayo, thomas. well, that would be insane.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

You hit it on the head K-C. Indy and Washington seem to have no problem spending max money on every player every year. It’s called creative accounting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would point to Suggs' contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]I'd say that the most likely candidate to not end up back with the Pats is Mankins. Great player, but BB has never spent big money on the OL. OLB is a different story when you consider that Colvin & Thomas were both huge free agent signings, thus I can see how Peppers could be enticing to BB. As far as Seymore is concerned, he already makes big money so whats an extra 2-4 mil/yr in salary gonna do? Therefore re-signing Seymore to me is a non-issue. Wilfork plays NT which isn't a big money position even if your a perennial pro-bowler there. I believe that the going rate is about 6 mil/yr, so again shouldn't be a big deal. OL can make big money and as of right now Mankins makes very little which is why he seems the most difficult to sign given how much of a cap could exist between what he makes now, and what he'd command in free agency. Theoretically you could resign both Seymore & Wilfork and have the cap only increase by say 8 mil/yr, which isn't that unreasonable I might add given there talents.[/Quote]

Yeah

but can we spell his name Seymour??

Faucet I agree w/ what you said

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Extending Sey could get a little bit of relief as well as lock up a filthy dominant right side for a few more seasons. Sey and Peppers would essentially be uncontainable. Forget about the overlaod on that side. Then they would have to contend with Wilfork and Warren on the other. Four guys essentially controlling six to seven blockers is sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't think NE would trade for JP at $15 million per. Just moving to LB signals a pay cut. I would think a contract that is near the top in LB salaries would really have to be in order for this to work for both sides. You cannot strucutre your team by paying OLBs like DEs. It just doesn't work.

Clearing salary for this is easy.

Yes, some $$$ comes off the books after cuts. Brady can be extended to cut his cap hit by at least $4 or 5 mill. And losing the #34 saves a mil indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

i hope so, but these teams that make these huge splashes in fa, like the redskins, usually don't have the quality depth the pats have. not saying i don't like the idea, but am always afraid these type of moves are counter to the way the pats have built this amazing run.

however, if they can work the numbers then great!