how can you not like the guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

how can you not like the guy?

Great quick article in the Herald regarding 85...

I'm disappointed that things didn't seem to go anywhere near as planned for the guy...but how can you not pull for him?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20220128few_grabs_no_regrets_ocho_reflects_on_humbling_year/

Hope he keeps at it...something good will happen because of it.  I'm sure Moss was telling him not to be stupid and come off smart at the mouth cute during the season...otherwise he's gone.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: how can you not like the guy?

As will I... All it takes is one long pass and catch for him and the Giants will have to alter their thinking quickly.  If he's out there, they're not going to do more than put their 3rd CB on him.  All it takes is one...

Then again...I'm with you...I don't want three WR sets in there.  I want to see them run it right at the Giants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You all realize he has not been front page news when he could have been by being vocal about his lack of production and why.  He has become the ultimate Patriot.. all for the TEAM and keep it out of the papers!  Look where it has gotten him, he is on the cusp of getting his first ring!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I doubt it will happen, but I would love to see him have a big game next for the SB. 

One: NE needs more of an outside presence in the offense to begin with.

Two: He's been the model Patriot, outside of being a bit starstruck at the beginning. 

Three: His father passed on, and I would love a great performance he could dedicate to his memory.

Four: Ocho has always been a good guy and a fan's player, he deserves it. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

How about the first play from scrimmage is a long pass to Ocho?

The Giants D will be on their heels all day after that each time he is on the field.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

It doesn't matter if he is MR. Congenality. He didn't produce in the simplest of ways. It's hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Would I like to see him play in the SB and contribute with some great plays and maybe a TD that leads to a win? Sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Ochocinco is going to have one big game this season, the next game is the game to do it. 

I would love it if he and Brady set the field ablaze, no one has tape on him. He hasn't lost a thing, he's still a quick WR. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: how can you not like the guy?:
    [QUOTE]He did what Moss wouldn't do, which is all he needed to do. And he was a Gaffney option which is also what he needed to be here. I will laugh my balls off if he contributes in the SB.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    He'll have to seeing Gronk will be a lesser factor in the SB. Someone needs to step up. He needs to carry his playbook around with him 24/7.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]If Ochocinco is going to have one big game this season, the next game is the game to do it.  I would love it if he and Brady set the field ablaze, no one has tape on him. He hasn't lost a thing, he's still a quick WR. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The truth.

How do you gameplan for a guy that has been invisible? If he gets unleashed NYG's poor secondary would have nightmares.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

More:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/28/ochocinco-leans-on-t-o-and-randy-moss-for-support/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I like this Ocho plan!! Lets do it! Seriously this is the game to earn that ring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]He did what Moss wouldn't do, which is all he needed to do. And he was a Gaffney option which is also what he needed to be here. I will laugh my balls off if he contributes in the SB.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Ocho also couldn't do what Moss did - which was make an immediate impact on the offense, catch quite a few TDs, stretch the field, and picked up some decent yards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt it will happen, but I would love to see him have a big game next for the SB.  One: NE needs more of an outside presence in the offense to begin with. Two: He's been the model Patriot, outside of being a bit starstruck at the beginning.  Three: His father passed on, and I would love a great performance he could dedicate to his memory. Four: Ocho has always been a good guy and a fan's player, he deserves it. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    If Gronk is unable to play, Ocho might get a chance.  Either that or use the guy as a decoy  with a crossing route w/ Welker and send Welker long....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Moss learned the hard way, and regrets it to this day you can be sure.  He still wishes he was a Pat, and no doubt he gave Ocho an earful in telling him just keep his trap shut, ears open, and do his job.  I'm a big fan of Ocho's and still have hope for him.  I think he'll be here next year, and I think an actual offseason this year will help him immensely. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to how can you not like the guy?:
    [QUOTE]Great quick article in the Herald regarding 85... I'm disappointed that things didn't seem to go anywhere near as planned for the guy...but how can you not pull for him? http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20220128few_grabs_no_regrets_ocho_reflects_on_humbling_year/ Hope he keeps at it...something good will happen because of it.  I'm sure Moss was telling him not to be stupid and come off smart at the mouth cute during the season...otherwise he's gone.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see him do it next Sunday, have an out of nowhere once in a lifetime game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]How about the first play from scrimmage is a long pass to Ocho? The Giants D will be on their heels all day after that each time he is on the field.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

LOL...I like it. Put it down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think we've all taken for granted how much of a team player Ocho has been this season.

I just want to him to get one of those long catches like in the Jets game or the first Denver game. That way, if we win, you have to say he contributed to the win and deserves the Super Bowl ring.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

I hope he plays, and they put him on the field early. Make the Giants' secondary worry aboutnhim by at least targeting him in the first series. Might loosen up things a little by making them play more Base defense, which wouldleave some openings for BJGE, which in turn might open up the play avtion. Plus, he has been a good soldier this year, not moping about PT and touches. It would be nice if he could have some impact.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Agree with most posters on it...having a few balls thrown his way would give the Giants another guy to worry about.  I think they're going into it defending three guys...the TEs and Welker.  I don't think they respect anyone else on that offense or are even planning on it.  I know they're not dedicating much time to Tiquan or Matthew Slater for the one or two plays they'd be in on.  If Brady is mixing it up effectively to all players, it makes them a lot more dangerous.