How can you not love this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

How can you not love this team?

This could be my favorite Pats team since 2001 (which will always be #1 in my book).

1. Other than Brady, the current team is a team of no-names from #2-53 who play as a unit and play hard. No go-to guys, no superstars, no names in headlights, just a bunch of guys who keep winning.

2. They have lost so many 1st team players and the subs come in seamlessly, make no excuses, ask for no quarter and give none. To review the bidding, this team lost Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vollmer, Gronkowski, Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez for a variety of reasons for the full year, and many more for multiple games.

3. I have never seen a team with so many rookies (15, which is the highest number in the NFL) and free agents (10) playing major roles at season end, and playing to such a high standard. 8 more are 2nd year players. That's a total of 33 out of 53 players who have been in this system for less than 2 years. Astonishing!

4. This is one the most balanced Patriots team in ages; they can kill you by land or by air, they can defend and take your best weapons out whether by land or by air, and their special team is one of the best in the league. There is no obvious major hole on this team of youngsters.

5. Brady is having a season for the ages; I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again: this is his greatest year in a storied career as a leader of men in battle. This guy is truly a selfless leader, focused exclusively on winning, whatever it takes. How can that not inspire the whole team? His contributions may never show up on the 2013 stat sheet but this year was an amazing demonstration of resilience, leadership, determination, selflessness and will.

6. If Bill Belichick is not the greatest of all NFL coaches of all time, he is in the conversation. Sheer genius is what we saw this year. Even his biggest detractors are shaking their heads at what he has accomplished this year. 15 rookies??? 2013 has been simply brilliant!

7. Best of all, this team never gives up. It has won coming back from a deficit, it has won leading through the game, it has won tight battles. It just finds ways to win. Two bad refereeing decisions cost it two games that would have given it home field advantage all the way through the playoffs but they just take that licking and keep on ticking.

I love this team! Their toughest test is this coming Sunday and I have seen no evidence that this team will not prevail. Regardless, there is no doubt that they will leave everything out on the field. How can you not love that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: How can you not love this team?

Agreed.  Not only that, but I don't know how any neutral fan can be pulling for any other remaining team this year.  You have entitled Denver/Gomer fans, arrogant Mickey Mouse Seattle, and Harbaugh whining and d-bagging it up left and right.  The Pats are just here working hard, scrapping, and killing it softly.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This could be my favorite Pats team since 2001 (which will always be #1 in my book).

1. Other than Brady, the current team is a team of no-names from #2-53 who play as a unit and play hard. No go-to guys, no superstars, no names in headlights, just a bunch of guys who keep winning.

2. They have lost so many 1st team players and the subs come in seamlessly, make no excuses, ask for no quarter and give none. To review the bidding, this team lost Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vollmer, Gronkowski, Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez for a variety of reasons for the full year, and many more for multiple games.

3. I have never seen a team with so many rookies (15, which is the highest number in the NFL) and free agents (10) playing major roles at season end, and playing to such a high standard. 8 more are 2nd year players. That's a total of 33 out of 53 players who have been in this system for less than 2 years. Astonishing!

4. This is one the most balanced Patriots team in ages; they can kill you by land or by air, they can defend and take your best weapons out whether by land or by air, and their special team is one of the best in the league. There is no obvious major hole on this team of youngsters.

5. Brady is having a season for the ages; I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again: this is his greatest year in a storied career as a leader of men in battle. This guy is truly a selfless leader, focused exclusively on winning, whatever it takes. How can that not inspire the whole team? His contributions may never show up on the 2013 stat sheet but this year was an amazing demonstration of resilience, leadership, determination, selflessness and will.

6. If Bill Belichick is not the greatest of all NFL coaches of all time, he is in the conversation. Sheer genius is what we saw this year. Even his biggest detractors are shaking their heads at what he has accomplished this year. 15 rookies??? 2013 has been simply brilliant!

7. Best of all, this team never gives up. It has won coming back from a deficit, it has won leading through the game, it has won tight battles. It just finds ways to win. Two bad refereeing decisions cost it two games that would have given it home field advantage all the way through the playoffs but they just take that licking and keep on ticking.

I love this team! Their toughest test is this coming Sunday and I have seen no evidence that this team will not prevail. Regardless, there is no doubt that they will leave everything out on the field. How can you not love that?

[/QUOTE]
    +1000.......or should I just simply say that Patriots Nation and I am in complete lock step with your post.
    GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed.  Not only that, but I don't know how any neutral fan can be pulling for any other remaining team this year.  You have entitled Denver/Gomer fans, arrogant Mickey Mouse Seattle, and Harbaugh whining and d-bagging it up left and right.  The Pats are just here working hard, scrapping, and killing it softly.  

[/QUOTE]

I know there are a lot of haters out there who are tired of seeing the Pats win each year. But for fair-minded neutral fans, this is a team you can't help but like. Adversity? What adversity? The next guy can handle it. What a team!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will love them even more after they close the deal this weekend...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Due to injuries - it seems like the team has acquired the "underdog" role again. Who doesn't like the underdog? Laughing

I don't think it's my favorite team (yet), but it's been one crazy year to watch many of the exciting games we've had. If we win another SB, it would be pretty awesome.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Patriots should be the underdogs among the four teams left in the playoffs. They clearly have the least experienced and least talented (on paper) team of the four finalists. However, that isn't the only reason so many of us have come to love this team. It's the sheer determination and the never-give-up attitude that seems to pervade this team from top to bottom. How can you not like that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Best part is team is realitively young - and Brady at 36 can play at least 2 more years.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will love them even more after they close the deal this weekend...

[/QUOTE]

And then you will likely hold out for another win, I presume. We all want this team to win, and keep on winning, of course. But I am commenting on what I have seen so far. Broncos in Denver will be a tough challenge but the Pats have made a believer out of me. GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Best part is team is realitively young - and Brady at 36 can play at least 2 more years.....

[/QUOTE]

If they can have Ridley and Blount run like they are now, Brady can be the QB for the next 5 years, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they can have Ridley and Blount run like they are now, Brady can be the QB for the next 5 years, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Brady has showed zero signa of aging poorly for a QB. However, having a running game like we have now will definitely extend some playing time fot him. Less wear on his arm and less hits is always a good thing for QBs over 35. Hobestky though, he made some passes last week that made me think he looked like he was 28 again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I'm with you...I love this group.  What's really mind-blowing is imagining what this team will be like going into next season, with everyone coming back healthy.  I don't know how many more years TB might have left to play, but I think that a team is being built around him that should allow him to go out with the opportunity for several more bangs!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I like this team. Everything about it, not saying they are going to win it... But i like the toughness , grinding, the team thing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In answer to your question, neinmd, I don't know anyone could call themselves a Pats fan and not love this team.  I totally agree in all of your points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady has showed zero signa of aging poorly for a QB. However, having a running game like we have now will definitely extend some playing time fot him. Less wear on his arm and less hits is always a good thing for QBs over 35. Hobestky though, he made some passes last week that made me think he looked like he was 28 again.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Let the running game carry a bigger load and extend his career. We need this guy to captain the ship for as long as possible. His brain is one of the biggest weapons he has, and that has only improved with experience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with you...I love this group.  What's really mind-blowing is imagining what this team will be like going into next season, with everyone coming back healthy.  I don't know how many more years TB might have left to play, but I think that a team is being built around him that should allow him to go out with the opportunity for several more bangs!

[/QUOTE]

I agree about next year but this group's charm is their inexperience and youth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like this team. Everything about it, not saying they are going to win it... But i like the toughness , grinding, the team thing.

[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. I am absolutely loving it.  Loving it.  It's what makes trolls so jealous, too.

2. I love how the BBWs hate this team. It's just so fun to see them all angry as it's less about Brady and more about THE TEAM.

TEAM

[/QUOTE]

1. You and me both

2. Brady is an integral part of why this team is successful, though. How many HOF QB's would be willing to hand the ball off 2/3 of the plays and not care about their own stats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

I love this team because it is exactly like the ones that actually WON Super Bowls. Grit over glitz..... More Boston and less L.A. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In answer to your question, neinmd, I don't know anyone could call themselves a Pats fan and not love this team.  I totally agree in all of your points.

[/QUOTE]

That's why we are fans! We can celebrate this team and all it stands for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I never lost hope for this team but there were times when I didn't believe they could overcome the injuries to key players.  They never lost a step.  They made a believer out of me again.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I never lost hope for this team but there were times when I didn't believe they could overcome the injuries to key players.  They never lost a step.  They made a believer out of me again.  

Osiris, Lazarus, Jesus, all resurrected ONCE..........this team at least 3 times this season.

Still waiting on The Phoenix , Atlantis and The Jets

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are eloquently describing what happened to many of us. We never lost hope but with each injury it dwindled. But these guys are made of sterner stuff than even we fans could hope for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love this team because it is exactly like the ones that actually WON Super Bowls. Grit over glitz..... More Boston and less L.A. 

[/QUOTE]

Grit over glitz. I like that. Perfect description.