How can you not love this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: How can you not love this team?

Well it sure as h3ll beats that hollow 16-0 regular season where we had a bunch of meaningless blowouts. Ive always enjoyed watching good games and blowouts are fun once in a while but when you can pull out close ones time after time? Nothing beats that and we still have a chance to win it all same as we did in 07 and I actually feel better about those chances now but lets enjoy it, win or lose, its been a fun ride as I Imagined it would be. Will go a long way towards building momentum for us next season where we may be poised to Really make some Noise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This could be my favorite Pats team since 2001 (which will always be #1 in my book).

1. Other than Brady, the current team is a team of no-names from #2-53 who play as a unit and play hard. No go-to guys, no superstars, no names in headlights, just a bunch of guys who keep winning.

2. They have lost so many 1st team players and the subs come in seamlessly, make no excuses, ask for no quarter and give none. To review the bidding, this team lost Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vollmer, Gronkowski, Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez for a variety of reasons for the full year, and many more for multiple games.

3. I have never seen a team with so many rookies (15, which is the highest number in the NFL) and free agents (10) playing major roles at season end, and playing to such a high standard. 8 more are 2nd year players. That's a total of 33 out of 53 players who have been in this system for less than 2 years. Astonishing!

4. This is one the most balanced Patriots team in ages; they can kill you by land or by air, they can defend and take your best weapons out whether by land or by air, and their special team is one of the best in the league. There is no obvious major hole on this team of youngsters.

5. Brady is having a season for the ages; I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again: this is his greatest year in a storied career as a leader of men in battle. This guy is truly a selfless leader, focused exclusively on winning, whatever it takes. How can that not inspire the whole team? His contributions may never show up on the 2013 stat sheet but this year was an amazing demonstration of resilience, leadership, determination, selflessness and will.

6. If Bill Belichick is not the greatest of all NFL coaches of all time, he is in the conversation. Sheer genius is what we saw this year. Even his biggest detractors are shaking their heads at what he has accomplished this year. 15 rookies??? 2013 has been simply brilliant!

7. Best of all, this team never gives up. It has won coming back from a deficit, it has won leading through the game, it has won tight battles. It just finds ways to win. Two bad refereeing decisions cost it two games that would have given it home field advantage all the way through the playoffs but they just take that licking and keep on ticking.

I love this team! Their toughest test is this coming Sunday and I have seen no evidence that this team will not prevail. Regardless, there is no doubt that they will leave everything out on the field. How can you not love that?

[/QUOTE]

I will love them even more after they close the deal this weekend...

[/QUOTE]

And then you will likely hold out for another win, I presume. We all want this team to win, and keep on winning, of course. But I am commenting on what I have seen so far. Broncos in Denver will be a tough challenge but the Pats have made a believer out of me. GO PATS!

[/QUOTE]

The way I phrased it means I agree....  but....  the mission is not over.  Interesting that you didnt mention the 2007 team that went 18-0.  Because they didn't finish it off... right?   And that is as much(or 10 times more) on the coaching than the players...

Just sayin the table is set for this team and coaching staff.    being somehow even a little satisfied at this stage is too soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Due to injuries - it seems like the team has acquired the "underdog" role again. Who doesn't like the underdog? Laughing

I don't think it's my favorite team (yet), but it's been one crazy year to watch many of the exciting games we've had. If we win another SB, it would be pretty awesome.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree... One thing that i like is that the Patriots are the only team in football with injuries. Hard to think that other teams could stay so healthy. Being a first time underdog is whats making me nervous.How will they handle that.? Hope fully maybe a call or two ? Wink Wink !! Just don't know what will happen?  If we lose.... oh boy ! Check all those bridges in Boston.Maybe the Charles river will get full. There is a better way .... They could suck like all the other teams that didn't win it all......Die hard fan !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well it sure as h3ll beats that hollow 16-0 regular season where we had a bunch of meaningless blowouts. Ive always enjoyed watching good games and blowouts are fun once in a while but when you can pull out close ones time after time? Nothing beats that and we still have a chance to win it all same as we did in 07 and I actually feel better about those chances now but lets enjoy it, win or lose, its been a fun ride as I Imagined it would be. Will go a long way towards building momentum for us next season where we may be poised to Really make some Noise.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with pretty much everything you said. I like this team a heck of a lot more. Hopefully they will go on to win it all but they have given us our money's worth and more this season already. I actually think they have a shot at winning it all. The Broncos, Seattle and 49'ers are all good teams but I believe this team can take any of them on even though they have less talent and experience. They are rightfully considered underdogs. An upset in the making.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]

The way I phrased it means I agree....  but....  the mission is not over.  Interesting that you didnt mention the 2007 team that went 18-0.  Because they didn't finish it off... right?   And that is as much(or 10 times more) on the coaching than the players...

Just sayin the table is set for this team and coaching staff.    being somehow even a little satisfied at this stage is too soon.

[/QUOTE]

I will agree to disagree. No point in holding back with how one feels about this team based on its accomplishments thus far. That does not mean my expectations are not as high as yours. They actually are. But I am a very happy fan of this team right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]
    Agree... One thing that i like is that the Patriots are the only team in football with injuries. Hard to think that other teams could stay so healthy. Being a first time underdog is whats making me nervous.How will they handle that.? Hope fully maybe a call or two ? Wink Wink !! Just don't know what will happen?  If we lose.... oh boy ! Check all those bridges in Boston.Maybe the Charles river will get full. There is a better way .... They could suck like all the other teams that didn't win it all......Die hard fan !!!!

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, buddy. You know you would love to be a fan of this team of warriors.

And if they don't win a Super Bowl this year, I will be disappointed but it won't take away my admiration for the team. I would look forward to next year when we will have an even higher chance of getting back to the big game. Do you doubt that that will likely happen?

Come on in, the water's fine. What has your team done for you anyway?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

This could be my favorite Pats team since 2001 (which will always be #1 in my book).

1. Other than Brady, the current team is a team of no-names from #2-53 who play as a unit and play hard. No go-to guys, no superstars, no names in headlights, just a bunch of guys who keep winning.

2. They have lost so many 1st team players and the subs come in seamlessly, make no excuses, ask for no quarter and give none. To review the bidding, this team lost Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vollmer, Gronkowski, Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez for a variety of reasons for the full year, and many more for multiple games.

3. I have never seen a team with so many rookies (15, which is the highest number in the NFL) and free agents (10) playing major roles at season end, and playing to such a high standard. 8 more are 2nd year players. That's a total of 33 out of 53 players who have been in this system for less than 2 years. Astonishing!

4. This is one the most balanced Patriots team in ages; they can kill you by land or by air, they can defend and take your best weapons out whether by land or by air, and their special team is one of the best in the league. There is no obvious major hole on this team of youngsters.

5. Brady is having a season for the ages; I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again: this is his greatest year in a storied career as a leader of men in battle. This guy is truly a selfless leader, focused exclusively on winning, whatever it takes. How can that not inspire the whole team? His contributions may never show up on the 2013 stat sheet but this year was an amazing demonstration of resilience, leadership, determination, selflessness and will.

6. If Bill Belichick is not the greatest of all NFL coaches of all time, he is in the conversation. Sheer genius is what we saw this year. Even his biggest detractors are shaking their heads at what he has accomplished this year. 15 rookies??? 2013 has been simply brilliant!

7. Best of all, this team never gives up. It has won coming back from a deficit, it has won leading through the game, it has won tight battles. It just finds ways to win. Two bad refereeing decisions cost it two games that would have given it home field advantage all the way through the playoffs but they just take that licking and keep on ticking.

I love this team! Their toughest test is this coming Sunday and I have seen no evidence that this team will not prevail. Regardless, there is no doubt that they will leave everything out on the field. How can you not love that?

[/QUOTE]

Well said!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if they don't win a Super Bowl this year, I will be disappointed but it won't take away my admiration for the team. I would look forward to next year when we will have an even higher chance of getting back to the big game. Do you doubt that that will likely happen?

[/QUOTE]

Win next year? C'mon buddy .You know we will win next year. We as in every year have nobody worth a rats azz in our division. Hope i'm not standing on thin ice with this.? Heck ! U-MASS football team could get a few wins in that division. I love my Pats but just wish  they didn't only have 8 games to worry about each and every year. Maybe it's in the water? I admire my Pats  i really do.So if they lose then they will only half suck i guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is  as balanced an offense we have seen since 2004. When the Pats had Waters I always felt that they had the players to run the ball effectively. I think the O Line is, to some degree, still built to run the ball effectively with FBs Develin and How making significant contributions. This sets up the play-action and other mismatches. BB has done a superb job this year and could easily see Collins and Ryan being huge factors moving forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Win next year? C'mon buddy .You know we will win next year. We as in every year have nobody worth a rats azz in our division. Hope i'm not standing on thin ice with this.? Heck ! U-MASS football team could get a few wins in that division. I love my Pats but just wish  they didn't only have 8 games to worry about each and every year. Maybe it's in the water? I admire my Pats  i really do.So if they lose then they will only half suck i guess.

[/QUOTE]

Wow! I know they haven't won the SuperBowl in 10 years. I guess we all have a right to expect more but this team hasn't been a doormat for a long long time. If you are old enough, you know what it feels like to be a fan of a team that's consistently a laughing stock. I won't go over this team's record since 2001 but it's pretty impressive. This year's version has exceeded all possible expectations. The glass is more than half full. Enjoy the ride and be grateful for a team that gets you playoff bound pretty much every season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Could this be our year again? I think it's quite possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is  as balanced an offense we have seen since 2004. When the Pats had Waters I always felt that they had the players to run the ball effectively. I think the O Line is, to some degree, still built to run the ball effectively with FBs Develin and How making significant contributions. This sets up the play-action and other mismatches. BB has done a superb job this year and could easily see Collins and Ryan being huge factors moving forward.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that this team has a strong running game to complement Tom Terrific, who is terrific despite a depleted receiving corps. The Waters reminder is a good one. Cannon and Mankins are driving big holes, and Develin is a very good full-back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Great to see mostly all super positive Mojo on this thread!  This is one of the best teams in recent years and it would be so nice to see "Papa John" throw up his pizza on Sunday.  (It still amazes me what kind of sicko personality get's off busting stones on an opposing team's forum.)  Whatever.

There were some close wins this year but look at the losses.  Each of the 4 Losses were by 7 Points or Less.   I am very proud of this team. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Due to injuries - it seems like the team has acquired the "underdog" role again. Who doesn't like the underdog? Laughing

I don't think it's my favorite team (yet), but it's been one crazy year to watch many of the exciting games we've had. If we win another SB, it would be pretty awesome.

[/QUOTE]

We know the only team you really LOVE is the NY Jets BUST-CHISE....it must be sooooo very painful to see US, real Pats fans, loving this and despising your NY Jets and Jets fans in general...OH NO, I guess that means y........

The NE Patriots...returning to what it means to be a New Englander......hard work, self assurance, discipline, sacrifice and never giving up....that's why I love this team...it's got heart and guts....they care about one another...

NY Jets? ...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Jets?  I'm a Giants fan ... Bad news....They are the worst team in football. Good news .. If Pats lose to Denver they will have to sit behind the Giants at the Superbowl... Thats why i love my team... Hope they don't block the view