How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobmastorakis. Show Bobmastorakis's posts

How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England

So I was thinking about the patriots from a few years back seemingly blowing a final game against the Dolphins to set up a more favorable run in the playoffs. Naturally the next thought was would the Colts rather face the Patriots or the Jaguars and how can they help fix their fight? With a game against the Jaguars this week and the Colts already with homefield throughout the playoffs could they be considering a less then stellar approach with the game on the line in the last few minutes? What do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England

Well, there is a precedent for this.  I believe we seen this happen a few times with various teams, but usually only if it's the last game of the year.  Even though there are only three games left, that's too many to really know if you can influence the seeding and opponent.  I think they want that unbeaten season too.

So I would agree it could happen if it were the last game, and losing knocked us out of the playoffs and put the Jags in.  Oh, and also if they were not unbeaten at the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

With the chance to match their arcnh-rivals' undefeated season well within their grasp, the Colts will not be laying down for anyone this time around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Not sure how it'ed play out. I know SD and Cincy plays so the playoff picture changes. But say if Indy tanks it tonight to keep Jax wild card hopes alive. That could put us playing Jax twice in the next five weeks. That should help Indy for Jax to get two shots at us before we would play them. Would Indy feel better beating Jax tonight and maybe giving the Fins another shot at us. Being a division rival. Let's not forget how Dungy tanked a game vs TN a few years back. Letting TN in to play SD. That helped because Indy's run pourious D would hopefully not have to face SD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England:
    [QUOTE]Not sure how it'ed play out. I know SD and Cincy plays so the playoff picture changes. But say if Indy tanks it tonight to keep Jax wild card hopes alive. That could put us playing Jax twice in the next five weeks. That should help Indy for Jax to get two shots at us before we would play them. Would Indy feel better beating Jax tonight and maybe giving the Fins another shot at us. Being a division rival. Let's not forget how Dungy tanked a game vs TN a few years back. Letting TN in to play SD. That helped because Indy's run pourious D would hopefully not have to face SD.
    Posted by ohyes[/QUOTE]

I know it's unlikely especially given their recent December success, but I'd love to see the Chargers fall to the 4th seed and see the Pats get the 3-seed with the Bengals as #2.

I think the Chargers could beat Indianapolis in Indy much more easily and bring the AFC Championship back to Foxborough if the Pats did their part.  As a season-ticket holder, I'd rather see this happen even if it meant not getting to beat the Colts.  The Super Bowl is all that matters.  Having a chance to beat the Colts on their field would just be icing on the cake.

I can live with people like underdogg(g) and ColtsBabe reminding me that they didn't have to beat the Colts if it meant getting to add a 4th banner to my profile picture :-D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I tend to agree with P-Mike, though: I think the Colts play for 16-0 and also because losing to Jacksonville doesn't guarantee that the Jaguars will make the playoffs and therefore might not be worth it.

It only emphasizes the importance of the Patriots winning.  Win and they're in.  It doesn't matter what everyone else does.  Let fans like me worry about that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Looks like we must win from here on in. Cincy looks to make the most noise this week at SD.
     http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Last I saw of the Bungles, they were impersonating a junior varsity squad against the Vikes.

If I'm the Bolts, I'm not sweating Cincinnatti.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

If the patriots lose this game, we would be in a dog fight to get in the playoffs, so why worry about that stuff. Worry  about Wilfork, Warren and the Bills.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Bottom line is this. If the Pats play the way they have been playing, it will be time to root for the Celtics. Doesn't matter who they play.  They have shown us they can blow games against the best (Colts) and the mediocre (Dolphins) and almost lose to the pathetic (Bills).  It would be great if they could turn it on and start playing the way we expect, but that may be us drinking the kool aid.  We will know soon enough.  They may simply be too young and inexperienced on defense, and their offensive line may be too old and injured.  Also, BB has not displayed the magic we have come to expect from him, and the "in Bill we Trust" fanatics haven't had reason for that in over 5 years..which is the last time the Pats wonthe SB.  That is a LOOOOONG time ago folks.  BB needs to show us "what have you done for me lately".  He got the credit, so he needs to share in the blame. The loss to the Giants in 2007 was a disgrace!  He was clearly outcoached.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Last I saw of the Bungles, they were impersonating a junior varsity squad against the Vikes. If I'm the Bolts, I'm not sweating Cincinnatti.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The same Viukings that the Cardinals made look sti=upid, before th Cards then made the 49'ers look like world beaters?

ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England:
    [QUOTE]So I was thinking about the patriots from a few years back seemingly blowing a final game against the Dolphins to set up a more favorable run in the playoffs. Naturally the next thought was would the Colts rather face the Patriots or the Jaguars and how can they help fix their fight? With a game against the Jaguars this week and the Colts already with homefield throughout the playoffs could they be considering a less then stellar approach with the game on the line in the last few minutes? What do you all think?
    Posted by Bobmastorakis[/QUOTE]

Leave the conspiracy theories for A&E TV.

All teh Patriots have to do is win out. They are a lock for teh #4 spot. The Colts can do no worse than finish with teh AFC #1 spot. For teh Pats to take the #3 spot, the Bolts would have to lose all three games, especially thewir AFC games to the Bengals and Titans (doubtful they lose to a hurting Bengals at home this weekend). They hold the first tie breaker with the Pats. There's no true advantage of finishing 3rd or 4th because the Pats would take on either the Broncos (games left with Oakland, KC, and the Eagles) or the Ravens (games left with the Bears, Steelers, and Oakland). I'm discounting the JESTS! because they have the toughest remaining schedule: Falcons, Colts, and Bengals. The Fish aren't much better off, with games left vs the Titans, Texans, and Steelers. Looks like the 3-6 and 4-5 AFC first round is going to be rematches: Pats-Broncos (as long as Pats finish #4, and the Broncos stay #5), or Pats-Ravens, iof the Pats get to #3, and the Ravens can't beat the Broncos for #5.

There's no clear advantage for any team to tank it in the next few weeks because the AFC is soooo tight, after the Colts and Bolts. Even the Texans and Titans are still in this mess.  

If anyone thinks they can predict the final pairings right now, remember this: the Cards beat up on teh Miracle Vikings 2 weeks ago. They next turned around and got beat (on teh score board and pohysically) by the losing record 49'ers. Keep away from conspiracy theories and let;'s see how the season plays out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to How Colts can help to face Jacksonville or New England:
    [QUOTE]So I was thinking about the patriots from a few years back seemingly blowing a final game against the Dolphins to set up a more favorable run in the playoffs. Naturally the next thought was would the Colts rather face the Patriots or the Jaguars and how can they help fix their fight? With a game against the Jaguars this week and the Colts already with homefield throughout the playoffs could they be considering a less then stellar approach with the game on the line in the last few minutes? What do you all think?
    Posted by Bobmastorakis[/QUOTE]

How much thought/credit have you given the Pats for their part in this vast AFC conspiracy? Short memory? How about the fact that they completely and totally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 3 times: Broncos, Colts, and Dolphins, all on the road? They win those games, which they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they could/should have won all 3 of them, and your mysterious conspiracy theory is a mute issue.  THings happen when you can't or refuse to control your own destiny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Last I saw of the Bungles, they were impersonating a junior varsity squad against the Vikes. If I'm the Bolts, I'm not sweating Cincinnatti.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

But that was before Chris Henry died.

I think the Bengals are going to play the game of their lives on Sunday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from weall4pats. Show weall4pats's posts

Well Colts won so this thread is meaningless