How did Seabass look in the last preseason game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

How did Seabass look in the last preseason game?

Sorry this post is late but since the new switch over I can't post from my phone. Long story short I was not able to watch the game and I was wondering how he looked?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: How did Seabass look in the last preseason game?

most importantly he had a big smile on his face after the game. I assume he felt pretty good and came out of the game healthy

I did not count his snaps, but I bet it was not more than 12-15 snaps, but what I saw of him was fine...no glaring mistakes and healthy. About all you can ask for his first game in a long time..

I have to assume he isnt playing every snap game 1...seems Cannon will be rotating in a few series to give Vollmer a breather

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to How did Seabass look in the last preseason game?:

most importantly he had a big smile on his face after the game. I assume he felt pretty good and came out of the game healthy

I did not count his snaps, but I bet it was not more than 12-15 snaps, but what I saw of him was fine...no glaring mistakes and healthy. About all you can ask for his first game in a long time..

I have to assume he isnt playing every snap game 1...seems Cannon will be rotating in a few series to give Vollmer a breather

Thanks! that is good to hear and hopefully he is healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He looked pretty good, a little rust, but overall pretty soild. I agree with rkarp he had a huge smile ear to ear and didn't look in pain at all. Lets hope the surgery took because if it did then he won't need to worry about his back for a while

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I'll quote Reiss on his breakdown of Vollmer's night.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Patriots' fourth and final preseason game might have been a snoozer, but there was one significant development worthy of attention -- the presence of right tackle Sebastian Vollmer back in the lineup. 

It's hard to miss the 6-foot-8, 320-pounder when he's on the field. He is a presence on the edge.

This was Vollmer's first action of the preseason as he returns from a back ailment that had him opening training camp on the physically unable to perform list. Similar to left guard Logan Mankins (coming back from torn ACL) last Friday in Tampa, Vollmer was on a strict snap count (9). 

"I was excited to be out there, I think it was pretty good," Vollmer said in the locker room after the game. "Whenever you can play with your teammates, play some football, it's always a good thing. 

"In preseason, it was a good way to do it; obviously I missed a lot of camp. To get some game-time experience this year was good for me. I'm glad I got it." 

Asked about his physical condition, he said: "Obviously, I haven't been sitting on my butt the whole time. I've been working out and I've done a lot of stuff, so I feel pretty decent." 

After reviewing the TV copy of the game, what we saw from Vollmer was what one would expect -- a professional effort that solidified a trouble spot on the line. 

Here is the breakdown: 

1. Second-level block on LB Keith Rivers (4-yard run) 

2. Blocks down on DL Rocky Berard (3-yard completion) 

3. Successful pass blocking against DE Craig Marshall in 1-on-1 situation (incompletion) 

4. Gets to second level to get hands on LB Keith Rivers (1-yard run) 

5. Pass blocking against DE Craig Marshall; aided by strong RB Brandon Bolden chip (1-yard completion) 

6. Pass blocking against DE Craig Marshall; screen read well by Marshall (minus-1 yard completion) 

7. Strong block in running game against DL Rocky Bernard (7-yard run) 

8. Weakside block away from run play on edge clears out DE Craig Marshall (1-yard run) 

9. Pass-blocking against DE Craig Marshall and also accounts for blitzing LB Jacquian Williams on inside shoulder (5-yard completion)