How different would your opinion be if the score had been 21-16

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How different would your opinion be if the score had been 21-16

I was surprised at how harshly the Pats were graded by the media and fans. 

Let's change the outcome on three plays.  The pats were in the red zone 3 times in the 1st half and came away with FGs.  Each time, had a pass been thrown a little better (had the line played a little better, the routes run a little cleaner, whatever) the Pats score TDs instead of FGs.  Change the halftime score from 9-3 to 21-3.

If the half ends 21-3, the Jets offense plays a completely different style in the second half.  They become 1 dimensional and have to throw the ball.

And even if Jets score the same number of points, then the Pats still win 21-16.

To get the victory, the Pats' offense would have had to play marginally better than they did.  In reality, they would be only slightly better than they are. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

Re: How different would your opinion be if the score had been 21-16

In Response to How different would your opinion be if the score had been 21-16:
    [QUOTE]I was surprised at how harshly the Pats were graded by the media and fans.  Let's change the outcome on three plays.  The pats were in the red zone 3 times in the 1st half and came away with FGs.  Each time, had a pass been thrown a little better (had the line played a little better, the routes run a little cleaner, whatever) the Pats score TDs instead of FGs.  Change the halftime score from 9-3 to 21-3. If the half ends 21-3, the Jets offense plays a completely different style in the second half.  They become 1 dimensional and have to throw the ball. And even if Jets score the same number of points, then the Pats still win 21-16. To get the victory, the Pats' offense would have had to play marginally better than they did.  In reality, they would be only slightly better than they are. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

The truth is, it may take Brady a few games to get in his groove and stay in it.Even at 4-4 at the midway point, I think they still can take the division where 10-6 might take it with a good division record. Provided 0-line isn't worn out by then of course

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

You don't win with If's. They were outplayed badly and other than Stephen hitting all his FG's the team played like trash. If the moron would have just gone down running it out of the endzone in the first game we would be 0-2 with 2 division loses. Now ponder that IF. They need to play considerably better. If not they will be 1-3 in no time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

DWL-

I don't think I have posted in months...maybe since the board change .I still pop in on occasion and struggle to find much of interest. Between the infestation of roaches and the dooms dayers its hard to have an engaging discussion anymore. However, your post caught my eye due to the fact that after about 4 or 5 hours post-game I thought the very same thing. I do not recall a Patriot team (or any other top tier-play off caliber team) that i watch on a regular basis that has had many dropped passes, missed routes, bad timing, point removing flags etc. etc. as I have the last two weeks. One could make a very rock solid argument that the Patriots played two of there worst games in years and yet somehow managed to win one and were with within a couple of redzone TDs to changing the score and thus the their record to 2-0.  FOR THE PURIST-yes your are correct in your belief that the game is played on the field and for every action on the field there is an opposite and equal reaction. He who wins these classic battles win the game right? Not always, more times then you would like to admit most games come down to 2,3 4, maybe 5 plays that can turn not only the outcome on its ear but also the ever powerful peoples perception upside down as well.  I went back and watched both games several times and saw 3 plays from the Bills game and 5 from the jets game that would have had the Pats end up comfortably sitting at the winners table. When the games start becoming 27-6, 38-21, 41 -17 then i too will fire up my old 1997 nissan pickup and ramble down the highway in search of the road that many of you speak of....does it have rest stops? Passing lanes? No pot holes? I hope some Obama money has been spent resurfacing it. This road that you speak of ....is it one way? Cause i still have to work Monday. In any event please remember my name gravelten4 next time someone out there decides
     to load up the wife and kids and make that trip down this obviously world famous rebuilding road. I just might call shotgun. until then i try and take these games for what they are. Games that were decided on a hadfull of plays or less. Thats all the barometer I need after two games.

Could have been 2-0. could have been 0-2. LOTS TO WORK ON-NO DOUBT. bUT IM STICKING WITH dwl---THESE GAMES WERE 4 or 5 fingers away from victory and way to early for me to pack my suitcase just yet.

Talk to me at week 6. (i will either be waiting at the station or purchasing a new, larger TV to watch another chance at history.

Good post DWL-provocative, intelligent, concise. well done.