How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?

Josh knows the Pats better than anyone except Bill.  He developed the game plan that steamrolled the Broncos last year with Matt Cassell, he'll know exactly what the Pats would be planning against the Broncos this year.  He probably knows our defensive strategy better than anyone in the league too.   He knows the weaknesses of all our players -Brady, Faulk, Moss, Welker, the entire O-Line, even the defense probably. 

So what do we do?  How do we overcome Josh's inside knowledge of the Pats' personnel and plays? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Re: How do we beat McDaniels?

General Lee this and General Lee that. Quit worrying about what he is gonna do, and let him start worrying about what you're gonna do. Get some guns up here."

Ulysses S. Grant

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to How do we beat McDaniels?:
    [QUOTE]Josh knows the Pats better than anyone except Bill.  He developed the game plan that steamrolled the Broncos last year with Matt Cassell, he'll know exactly what the Pats would be planning against the Broncos this year.  He probably knows our defensive strategy better than anyone in the league too.   He knows the weaknesses of all our players -Brady, Faulk, Moss, Welker, the entire O-Line, even the defense probably.  So what do we do?  How do we overcome Josh's inside knowledge of the Pats' personnel and plays? 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

a belichickian answer...."well, first of all, they've got one heck of a football team over there, well coached, well prepared, good athletes and playmakers at every position, tough enviornment.  i mean their undefeated, it speaks for itself.  probably our toughest challenge this year.  we're just gonna have to block better, tackle better and make more plays than them and give ourselve's a chance to win by the end of the game.  it's really that simple."

gotta love that guy....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

How do the Pats defeat McDaniels?  Show up on time to the game in Denver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Easy question, easy answer: Go all Spygate on him!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I wouldn't look at it like that.  I'll give Belichick the benefit of the doubt and say he's adjusting his defense because there are too many guys in the league who knew his playbook before.  I don't think McDaniels has the upper edge here because the D is totally different and the offense is very different than it has been in recent years.  If anything it's "How does McDaniels beat us?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: How do we beat McDaniels?:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't look at it like that.  I'll give Belichick the benefit of the doubt and say he's adjusting his defense because there are too many guys in the league who knew his playbook before.  I don't think McDaniels has the upper edge here because the D is totally different and the offense is very different than it has been in recent years.  If anything it's "How does McDaniels beat us?"
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

How does he beat you? Well. He knows your offense pretty well. Your defense can be run on. Your secondary gives up big plays. Brandon Marshall is coming back to football form. Mike Nolan likes to play a blitzing at every down style defense. Your QB does not do well when rushed/hurried. Your O-line has been shaky at times, and it's getting old. They play at home, mile high stadium. They have Champ Baily lurking in the secondary. Your running game is poor, hence you'll have to throw 65+% of the time. This will give Denver plenty of opportunities for turnovers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

With a bat and some brass knuckles

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

When I made a similar comment in another thread, a poster reminded me that this works both ways.  Bill also knows MacD's playbook.  MacD still has the advantage in that he knows our personnel intimately.  Bill does not know all of the Broncos players that well.  I don't think MacD has much of an advantage regarding our defense.  We have many new faces and are not running exactly the same scheme.

I can envision this game being a lot like the first time we played the Jests under Mangina.  A lot of gimmickry and coaching head games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How do we beat McDaniels? : a belichickian answer...."well, first of all, they've got one heck of a football team over there, well coached, well prepared, good athletes and playmakers at every position, tough enviornment.  i mean their undefeated, it speaks for itself.  probably our toughest challenge this year.  we're just gonna have to block better, tackle better and make more plays than them and give ourselve's a chance to win by the end of the game.  it's really that simple." gotta love that guy....
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gotta love a guy that goes to every press conference as he just got back from the dentist office!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Well since they're hiding my Broncos/Pats pre-game discussion board post, I'll post my thoughts on this week's matchup here and hope they don't hide it:

Kyle Orton as a quarterback - weakness (career passer rating of 74.1)?  Or strength (25-12 W-L in 37 career starts; 97.7 passer rating this year; 5 TD's, 0 INT's, 69/117 - 59%) 

Broncos' receivers versus our new-look secondary - Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal form one of the most athletically talented tandems in football and both can torch you deep; Brandon Stokley is a good slot receiver; Leigh Bodden has looked up to the task thus far, but it should be interesting to see how Springs, Wilhite, and Butler do.  Merriweather and Sanders may also be tested.  I hope our open field tackling does better than Dallas' did. 

Brady versus Champ Bailey; Moss versus Bailey - the last time the Patriots visited Denver in the AFC Divisional playoffs in early 2005, Bailey almost took one to the house; a battle between Moss and Bailey should be good, especially with Bailey coming off of the momentum of two big passes defensed last week to win the game.  I bet Bailey gets extra motivation to falling from the limelight with the rise of Nmandi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis. 

Elvis Dumervil versus Matt Light - Dumervil has started the year off quickly with 5 sacks already; Light got beat last week for a strip sack 

Junior Seau 3.0 - he just can't quit the Patriots, and I for one am happy to have him back; it should be interesting to see what he can bring to the table on defense and whether the Patriots are able to show more looks to confuse Orton with him on the roster... but the signing has yet to be announced 

Ty Warren vs. Ryan Clady - this should be one heck of a matchup between two young players who are excellent at their craft; I've seen Clady touted by some as the best young left tackle in the league; Warren came up big on 3rd and 1 against the Ravens and is a stud 

Maroney sighting? - I personally am not pleased with the playcalling for him (almost all of his runs for losses are on that same damn stretch play from the same damn 1RB 1TE 3WR formation, "11 personnel" ... too damn predictable), but his dancing is inexcusable (particularly clear on his kickoff returns last week).  I didn't think the blocking was there on his outside runs last week because it's so obvious what's going to happen when he's handed the ball, but that's just me.   >>>I'm looking for him to step up this week if he has the chance because Mike Reiss reports in his mailbag that Fred Taylor is a little beat up (got hurt running the same predictable stretch play in the third quarter of last game for a 2yd loss).  I also think it's important to note that the Patriots completed at least two passes for first downs using play action off of that stretch play with Maroney in the backfield and at least 4 play actions with Maroney overall. 

Galloway sighting? - I'm intrigued to see how the veteran reacts to his first ever healthy scratch from a football game.  Does he come out and torch the Broncos for 100+yds?  Does he implode?  We'll see, and soon.  

Bill Belichick vs. Josh McDaniels - The big headline - I'm just guessing, but I bet McDaniels still has much he could have still learned from Belichick, whose lifetime of football analysis is unrivaled.  I'm especially interested in seeing what the Patriots do against the Denver offense, which I think is loaded.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots try to enforce their will on the Broncos' defense with the run if possible.  Even if you know it's coming, it might work if the road graters come to play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Broncos have defeated the Browns, Bengels, Raiders and Cowgirls on their unprecedented undefeated streak...

Can anyone see the sarcasm in that statement? We just beat the Falcons and Ravens back to back, two of the best teams in the league... the Broncos are overrated.  We need to show up.  They need to worry about stopping us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

Good answer wozzy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I'm not worried about a team that built their 4-0 record on the three worst teams in the NFL Cincy, Clev, Oakland, and then barely won against a team that is definitely on the downside of things, Dallas.

Their 4-0 record is an illusion right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they fall to 4-4 after their upcoming weeks, NE, SD, BALT, PITT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

[QUOTE]The Broncos have defeated the Browns, Bengels, Raiders and Cowgirls on their unprecedented undefeated streak... Can anyone see the sarcasm in that statement? We just beat the Falcons and Ravens back to back, two of the best teams in the league... the Broncos are overrated.  We need to show up.  They need to worry about stopping us.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Best reply on here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Well since they're hiding my Broncos/Pats pre-game discussion board post, I'll post my thoughts on this week's matchup here and hope they don't hide it: Kyle Orton as a quarterback - weakness (career passer rating of 74.1)?  Or strength (25-12 W-L in 37 career starts; 97.7 passer rating this year; 5 TD's, 0 INT's, 69/117 - 59%)  Broncos' receivers versus our new-look secondary - Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal form one of the most athletically talented tandems in football and both can torch you deep; Brandon Stokley is a good slot receiver; Leigh Bodden has looked up to the task thus far, but it should be interesting to see how Springs, Wilhite, and Butler do.  Merriweather and Sanders may also be tested.  I hope our open field tackling does better than Dallas' did.  Brady versus Champ Bailey; Moss versus Bailey - the last time the Patriots visited Denver in the AFC Divisional playoffs in early 2005, Bailey almost took one to the house; a battle between Moss and Bailey should be good, especially with Bailey coming off of the momentum of two big passes defensed last week to win the game.  I bet Bailey gets extra motivation to falling from the limelight with the rise of Nmandi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis.  Elvis Dumervil versus Matt Light - Dumervil has started the year off quickly with 5 sacks already; Light got beat last week for a strip sack  Junior Seau 3.0 - he just can't quit the Patriots, and I for one am happy to have him back; it should be interesting to see what he can bring to the table on defense and whether the Patriots are able to show more looks to confuse Orton with him on the roster... but the signing has yet to be announced  Ty Warren vs. Ryan Clady - this should be one heck of a matchup between two young players who are excellent at their craft; I've seen Clady touted by some as the best young left tackle in the league; Warren came up big on 3rd and 1 against the Ravens and is a stud  Maroney sighting? - I personally am not pleased with the playcalling for him (almost all of his runs for losses are on that same damn stretch play from the same damn 1RB 1TE 3WR formation, "11 personnel" ... too damn predictable), but his dancing is inexcusable (particularly clear on his kickoff returns last week).  I didn't think the blocking was there on his outside runs last week because it's so obvious what's going to happen when he's handed the ball, but that's just me.   />>>I'm looking for him to step up this week if he has the chance because Mike Reiss reports in his mailbag that Fred Taylor is a little beat up (got hurt running the same predictable stretch play in the third quarter of last game for a 2yd loss).  I also think it's important to note that the Patriots completed at least two passes for first downs using play action off of that stretch play with Maroney in the backfield and at least 4 play actions with Maroney overall.  Galloway sighting? - I'm intrigued to see how the veteran reacts to his first ever healthy scratch from a football game.  Does he come out and torch the Broncos for 100+yds?  Does he implode?  We'll see, and soon.   Bill Belichick vs. Josh McDaniels - The big headline - I'm just guessing, but I bet McDaniels still has much he could have still learned from Belichick, whose lifetime of football analysis is unrivaled.  I'm especially interested in seeing what the Patriots do against the Denver offense, which I think is loaded.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots try to enforce their will on the Broncos' defense with the run if possible.  Even if you know it's coming, it might work if the road graters come to play
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Actually this was the best reply here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

First thought about this game is Denver hasn't really played anyone good yet... yes I know the Cowboys but they are at best the 3rd best team in NFC East right now.
    Second thought is when you play a coach who knows you and your tendencies really well and even your personell really well you do one of two things. Stick to your normal plans you use and try to be as mistake free as you can because you will usually win if you can do that... or you change it up a bit, you mix in some plays that you usually don't use, maybe play a bit free'er more QB option at the Line (which you can do with a great QB like Brady). 
    But it really comes down to this... make sure your guys do their job. If they do you win. I think Denver will be tough in another year but this week they come back to earth and head towards their 8-8, 9-7 record. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]How do the Pats defeat McDaniels?  Show up on time to the game in Denver.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I watched the Broncos/Cowboys game again last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed.
    Denvers offense is going to have a hard time against the Pats (assuming D plays as good as they did last week-they'll probably play better)
    The Defense was ok but they were going up against what seemed to be a shaky offense to say the least.
    I don't think this hame will be the nail biter everyone thinks it will be.
    The press is playing it up because of the whole student/master thing.
    But hey, what do I know. I didn't think the Bills game would be a nail biter either!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

With Buckhalter out it'll put a lot of pressure on a rookie RB (Moreno) and Orton. They distribute the ball to a lot of people (big surprise) so pressure up front wins this game. Blow up the runs and pressure Orton and this is a win. Let him sit back there and check down and we could have some problems. 

The Pats are close to busting open, they put up 27 against the best ranked D last week and I still think they left a lot on the table. 

I don't know which team but someone's going through a tree chipper soon when these guys hit on all three phases of the game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

Re: How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?

Let's turn it around: How do the Broncos beat the Patriots when we know everything that McDaniels does on offense and we can counter with the best defensive coach ever?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

How is it that we find a way of downplaying every opponent we face?  Didn't we do this to the Jets?  Didn't we say this about the Ravens?  Didn't we analyze the Ravens opponents and conclude they weren't a good team?  Were those games easy for us?  You'd think we'd learn something...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't know who your referring to but I don't believe we've hit our potential yet, I personally don't think this is a big a challenge as last week with their starting RB out and Orton throwing it. It's a road game so that makes it tough but if the Pats play their game they win because they're the better team, not because of underestimating Denver.