How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hillchill. Show Hillchill's posts

Re: How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?

We beat the Broncos by not "looking past them" lots of talk about who the Broncos have beat, and them being overrated, folks, can't think like that. Yes, we ARE a better team, no questions, but we can't simply show up, we have to continue to improve.
    I see our D having a GREAT GAMe, stop the run put the ball in Orton's hands and go after him.
    Pat Offense will score plenty of points against their D, unlike Romo, tom know to throw away from Champ Baily ( yes I remeber the 100 yrd interception) but he's learned!
    Pat 27 - den 3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Help me out on this but aren't you looking past them only giving them 3 points?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

Oh come on.  The Pats have different players on both sides of the ball.  That impacts how you play and what you want to do.  Looks like freddy taylor is going to be ok, so run him and play action fake the hell out of them.  Screen passes also look to be a key!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

TD's not 3's.  Red Zone execution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

The answer is THEY WONT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?:

score more points than they do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: How do we beat McDaniels?

What a great mind game for BB. 

McDaniels must be thinking: I know their playbook. BB knows I know the playbook. So when I see a set up, is it really the play I know or is BB trying to fake me out?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Pats 23-12

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: How do we beat McDaniels?:
    [QUOTE]How do the Pats defeat McDaniels?  Show up on time to the game in Denver.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE] show up !! Right on Groggs!! when anwering a foolish question you consider the source and make your answer be as brief as possible !!

K-MAX WHERE ARE YOU MY FRIEND ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

To NickC1188:

I think you will be disappointed to watch Warren vs. Clady because they won't be matched up against eachother.  Clady is a left tackle and Warren plays the opposite side of the D line!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Go back to 2008.  See the point spreads of victories --how many points the good teams (count their victories) were over the bad teams (count their victories).  Come up with a reasonable equation that says Team A has X more victories than Team B, so we expect them to win by Y points.

Now enter every game played so far in 2009 and the margin of victory.  The goal is to find out what ranking of teams (e.g. the Patriots are currently playing like a 12-4 team and the Broncos are playing like an 8-8 team) would correlate most closely to the 2008 results.  I would use a computer algorithm to minimize the sum of the squares of variances from expected results.

For more accuracy, weight the previous week's results as 10% less important than this past week's results, two weeks ago as 20% less important and three weeks ago as 30% less important.

Anyways, this ranking business would take at least 5 hours of work, and it won't help the Patriots one whit tomorrow.  Forget it.  The Pats are beating good teams.  The Broncos are beating bad teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

To beat McDaniels, first I would get an oxygen extraction machine and extract 20% of the oxygen from the Foxboro field house's air.  Then I'd run a week of practices in this Denver-like atmosphere (gasp! gasp! gasp!).  Denver has the best homefield advantage in the NFL, especially because they're the mile-high city with 20% less air pressure up there. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Players are going to get gassed at that altitude, especially by the fourth quarter.  To beat McDaniels I would platoon players in and out all game.

Orton is not throwing any interceptions.  He's well-trained by McDaniels, and he's experienced.  He just isn't that accurate.  Push up the middle to ruin his standard release.  As usual, drive the QB and line crazy with stunts and gimmicks, and often rush three and drop back eight on passing downs.

The Denver run game is hurting a bit as their star running back is questionable.  Their half-strength plays into New England's full strength, defense against the heavy-duty running game.  Use the 4-3.

The Patriots offense should throw to some other part of the field where Champ Bailey isn't.  The Pats have more than one receiver.  One great cornerback does not a defense make.  We will miss Fred Taylor, and Maroney's way short of acceleration on kickoffs and through the line, so Sammy the Bull and others will get more carries.  Not too much to report here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

Regardless of who we've played versus who they've played (strength of schedule), we need to throw some new things at the Broncos.  If we run the same tired plays like we pretty much have over the past four weeks, McDaniels will be all over us.  The Pats have always had a hard time playing in Denver, so setting the tone early will be important.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat McDaniels? : show up !! Right on Groggs!! when anwering a foolish question you consider the source and make your answer be as brief as possible !!    K-MAX WHERE ARE YOU MY FRIEND ???
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

Here I am.  Do I know you?  I don't remember you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Good answer wozzy
    Posted by LadyBradyFan[/QUOTE]

If you weren't already Brady's lady I would ask you for a drink...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: How do the Patriots beat McDaniels?:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of who we've played versus who they've played (strength of schedule), we need to throw some new things at the Broncos. 
    Posted by DStroh1[/QUOTE]
    BB's wholesale rebuilding of the team through free agency may not be such a bad thing this week.  McDaniels hasn't seen Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Brandon McGowan, Eugene Chung, Darius Butler, um, that new tight end, Julian Edelman, Ron Brace, Sea Bass as a tight end in college, Joey Galloway (what's to see?), Sam Aiken, Myron Pryor.  For that matter, BB knew eight months ago that Denver would be on the ticket and hopefully planned a few new things while McD was running around like crazy with Jay Cutler text-messaging him.

21. This post has been removed.