How far can the Pats go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoM1. Show TheoM1's posts

How far can the Pats go?

I love the offense, with some concerns about the o-line.  But I just don't think they can get into the playoffs with this defense.  They will need to find a way to develop a pass rush, either free agents or just BB coaching?  I don't know.  And then they showed an inability to stop the run in the preseason.

Does someone have an answer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: How far can the Pats go?

I love the offense too. I however, don't have any concerns with our o-line. The only difference this year is that we're without Mankins, but to be honest, Connelly has looked great - I see no real drop-off here. At least, not a significant one.

As for the defense, I've said it all along - I think that this defense will surprise a lot of people, and turn out to be one of the stronger defenses out there.

We'll just have to wait and see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes, I have an answer... All the players and coaches have the confidence they CAN win and be a super bowl caliber team.  This is what I want in the team I support.  I can moan when they lose and say yippee when they win, but, when all is said and done, they play the game and all I can do is watch.  I expect them to do their best, can't ask for anything more!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

All depends on how far Brady and Bill alone can take this team. As long as Brady as Tom and Bills on the team I will say superbowl they nearly did it with that 06 team.

My guess AFC championship loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I think the Super Bowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

All the way to the super bowl, and win it 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

One game at a time.....turning tigers into puddy tats happens Sunday....week 2 is almost a bye week and then on to the meat of the schedule....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This team has concerns and weaknesses.  Every team does, even those loveable SB winning teams the Pats had earlier this decade had weaknesses.  If you've watched football throughout your life then you know it's crazy to say they can't make the playoffs, let alone win the SB.

The Saints came off an 8-8 season in 08 before winning the SB in 09, and Saint defense was ranked 20th in the NFL (not in 08 but in 09).

The Giants were 8-8 before winning the SB in 07.

The Pats were 5-11 in 2000, and won the SB in 2001.  I read somewhere that they were 4000-1 odds to win the SB when the 01 season started.

It really is any given Sunday.  The Pats have been extraordinarily consistent in the BB era.  10-6 is the worst year they've had since 2002, and that is not nearly far enough down the ladder to dismiss them from anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

wild card round playoff loss to the cincy bengals in cincy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Offense is good.  Defense is young.  Young should be better with games.  Our early schedule is not too bad, we can win on offensive shootouts alone against the Bengals and Jets.  Bills?  Win.  Dolphins?  Win.  Then bye week.  Figure we lose 4 of the next 12.  Division champions.  Defense hitting their stride.  Playoffs, 2nd Colt beating,  Super Bowl, VICTORY PARADE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts