How far will Jenkins drop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How far will Jenkins drop?

The closer we get to draft day the more that comes out with this kid and the more red flags that keep popping up. Appearently him being clean since being booted out of Florida was a lie. He's an addict and too set in his ways:

"Sources from multiple NFL teams tell NFL Network's Albert Breer that Janoris Jenkins will fall out of the first round due to events following the former Florida star's exit from Gainesville.
    Jenkins has admitted to teams that he continued to smoke pot at North Alabama last season. One AFC personnel director believes Jenkins' biggest problem is that he "doesn't see the error of his ways." Added an AFC scout, "He's not a bad person. He just makes a lot of dumb, dumb mistakes. He just smokes, and (has sex) ... And there's just awful decision-making associated with that." From a pure football perspective, personnel executives rank Jenkins behind only LSU's Morris Claiborne at cornerback."

It doesn't look like the Pats will touch him anytime soon either:

"Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe would be "shocked" if the Patriots used a first-round pick on North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins.
    As we saw it, the Pats and Bengals were the only two teams left as possible landing spots for Jenkins in round one. Bedard is a trusted source, so we'd scratch New England off the list. "You just wish the situation at North Alabama was clean, that he had a rebirth, from a personal and football character standpoint," one AFC exec told NFL.com. "But it was more of the same."

So how far do you think he will fall before someone takes a chance that he'll last in the league?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: How far will Jenkins drop?

He's too good at a premium position to drop into the 3rd round, IMHO.

I hope the Pats take a gamble @#48 if he's still there.

I just think back to the many blown 2nd round picks we've had over the years. Why not take flier on Jenkins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Because he has more red flags the flavors of jelly belly beans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't know all the details of his troubled past.

PE, what is it that bothers you the most to keep him off your team altogether?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

I really don't think BB has any intention of drafting Jenkins. Not even at 62...maybe 93. That said, The Bengals could take him in the first, or if not, he could easily slide to mid or even late second round. The risk reward for the Pats is not as compelling as for other teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont like any of the choices, I think he goes in the first.  Now I do hope we get him at 48, but would be shocked if we did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's like pacman jones and cromartie rolled ( sorry for the pun) into 1 big problem child . I wonder if we could see a vontaze burflict part deux here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

How far WILL he drop...Or, How far should he drop?  As of this date, Thursday April 12th, 2012, BOTH Cornerback Stephen Gilmore AND Cornerback Donny Fletcher (BC), Are MUCH better (not a little better...MUCH better) Cornerbacks than Janoris Jenkins is...aside from ANY off-field issues resulting in those red flag additional concerns.  Gilmore might go in the 2nd Round...but he might go as late as Round 4.  Fletcher meanwhile, Might go in Round 4...but he might just as easily slip as far down to the 6th Round...

However,...IF the question is simply "How far WILL Jenkins drop," then I believe your best chance at finding this answer resides somewhere in the greater vicinity of Paul Brown Stadium...seein' as though I believe that club actually has Two 1st Round Draft Selections (pool your spare change and take that 2nd 1st Rounder straight-up).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: How far will Jenkins drop?:
    [QUOTE]He's like pacman jones and cromartie rolled ( sorry for the pun) into 1 big problem child . I wonder if we could see a vontaze burflict part deux here?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

..Yet the terrifying part actually is, that Jenkins currently shows far less promise of his DB skills and abilities as they stand on the moment of the draft ("The NFL Draft" in which, he could be taken higher than either of those 2 guys).  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know all the details of his troubled past. PE, what is it that bothers you the most to keep him off your team altogether?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

1) He walked out after a post game speech by Meyers which showed disrespect to his coach and his teammates (one of my biggest)

2) He punched a guy who he thought might try to steal his gold chain in front of a cop showing extremely poor judgement and lack of control

3) He was cited twice and arrested twice for pot possession again showing lack of control and self discipline while also showing that he can't learn from his mistakes

4) After another failed drug test was kicked out of Florida, seriously you have to do a lot to be kicked out of that school

5) Having 4 kids with 3 women in 4 years shows even more lack of self discipline, maturity, responsibility, and showing once again he deosn't learn from his mistakes

6) When at N Ala he got into a fight on the field and was suspended showing his arrest for assault isn't an isolated incident again showing lack of self control

7) He lied saying that he being kicked out of Florida was an eye opener and he gave up pot to take care of his kids, but now it's leaked that he in fact never gave up smoking pot showing that he again has no self discipline, doesn't learn from mistakes, will try to cover up those mistakes by lying in public, and finally that he is self centered. If he wanted to take care of those kids he'd give up the pot and go the straight path so he could get drafted high and make enough money to raise them, instead he's willing to risk all that just to get high.

All in all this kid can't control himself, is selfish, doesn't seem to care about his team or teammates (he's willing to get suspended to fight or get high), doesn't learn from his mistakes, and apparently doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. I like what the team is developing into and these types of players I can do without, no matter the talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

IMO even the Bengals wouldn't touch him in the first. I think they take Kirkpatrick or Gilmore before Jenkins and both might be available with one of the first picks.

Jenkins might be very talented but after seeing what Leshoure has become among the large scale crack down on substance abuse and off-field image problems around the league I think a lot of teams are going to long looks at players pasts, least we forget Will Hill who's tweets were similar to what we actually know about Jenkins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

PE, thanks for posting the rap sheet on Jenkins.

But dont' forget we drafted both Hernandez and Spikes. They both failed drug tests at Florida. They both have outplayed (except the injuries) their draft status.

If BB thinks he can contain this kid, I'm all for giving him a chance at a position of great need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]PE, thanks for posting the rap sheet on Jenkins. But dont' forget we drafted both Hernandez and Spikes. They both failed drug tests at Florida. They both have outplayed (except the injuries) their draft status. If BB thinks he can contain this kid, I'm all for giving him a chance at a position of great need.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Yes Hern and Spikes both failed tests but that's minor compared to Jenkins list. Also Hern was an extremely low risk in the 4th (a full 2 rounds below his talent level). Nether also had assault records and nether had other red flags in addition to just failed drug test. You're also taking about late 2nd and 4th round picks verses a late 1st early 2nd with more red flags and obvious control issues over what either players had shown. You are making a fairly large reach comparing those two's situations to Jenkins. Jenkins red flags are closer to Will Hill's last year then either of theirs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

My guess is this P O S falls all the way to his grave.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]My guess is this P O S falls all the way to his grave.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    You don't even know the guy.  He could just be completely irresponsible and someone I wouldn't touch, but in no way warrants this response.  People like you are the problem. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

BB will have insite to Jenkins issues in college. BB does what is in the best interest of the team and no reporter has even been close to understnading what the Pats do on draft day...

I am shocked Greg Bedard still has a job writing never mind he would be 'shocked' if the Pats pick Jenkins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats still have too many holes to risk those first 4 choices on someone who is a knucklehead. They have also spent high draft choices on CB position that past few years, and it is evident without safety help and front 7 pressure, even Revis can't cover WR's forever. I think that CB c/b a position of strength with McCourtny, Ras and Arrington, but they need backside help and upfront pressure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Bengals will take Barron and Gilmore. Thats if the Boys don't grab Barron first. They won't touch Jenkins. Marv got his extension and his job is secure. He has extra picks this year and next for the Palmer trade. You watch, off field will be a big factor in their draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Well, since smoking pot ONCE was really the knock against Mallett, and he's a QB (much more valuable) who was expected to go in the first, then the highest I could see this guy going really is the 3rd.

Since he seems to have other issues in addition to smoking pot and he also seems to be stubbornly refusing to see that he's making dumba$$ moves, then most likely I would say the 4th round is the most likely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will Jenkins drop? : You don't even know the guy.  He could just be completely irresponsible and someone I wouldn't touch, but in no way warrants this response.  People like you are the problem
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

Dear NonC ,
    I am most sincerely sorry to offend your delicate sense abilities .

What I should have said is that his indiscretions are most likely societal based and any finger pointing concerning his immaturity and lack of accountability should be directed at ourselves , not at this poor misguided young man .

I never meant to be the problem  ...

Can I please have another chance ?

Maybe we can hug it out ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to How far will Jenkins drop?:
    [QUOTE]The closer we get to draft day the more that comes out with this kid and the more red flags that keep popping up. Appearently him being clean since being booted out of Florida was a lie. He's an addict and too set in his ways: " Sources from multiple NFL teams tell NFL Network's Albert Breer that Janoris Jenkins will fall out of the first round due to events following the former Florida star's exit from Gainesville. Jenkins has admitted to teams that he continued to smoke pot at North Alabama last season. One AFC personnel director believes Jenkins' biggest problem is that he "doesn't see the error of his ways." Added an AFC scout, "He's not a bad person. He just makes a lot of dumb, dumb mistakes. He just smokes, and (has sex) ... And there's just awful decision-making associated with that." From a pure football perspective, personnel executives rank Jenkins behind only LSU's Morris Claiborne at cornerback." It doesn't look like the Pats will touch him anytime soon either: "Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe would be "shocked" if the Patriots used a first-round pick on North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins. As we saw it, the Pats and Bengals were the only two teams left as possible landing spots for Jenkins in round one. Bedard is a trusted source, so we'd scratch New England off the list. "You just wish the situation at North Alabama was clean, that he had a rebirth, from a personal and football character standpoint," one AFC exec told NFL.com. "But it was more of the same." So how far do you think he will fall before someone takes a chance that he'll last in the league?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. Jenkins could drop like a stone. My guess is that he'll go in the mid-second-late second round. I can see a veteran team like Philly or the Ravens taking him:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82843871/article/janoris-jenkins-continued-problems-could-be-issue-on-draft-day?module=HP11_hot_topics

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I amazes me that guys who have the chance to earn enough in a few short years to be set for life are willing to risk it all for a chance to get high. Can't they wait a few years till their out of the NFL and wealthy? How many millions has he already lost by sliding because of his immaturity? Good luck paying child support on four kids if he doesn't make it in the NFL. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I amazes me that guys who have the chance to earn enough in a few short years to be set for life are willing to risk it all for a chance to get high. Can't they wait a few years till their out of the NFL and wealthy? How many millions has he already lost by sliding because of his immaturity? Good luck paying child support on four kids if he doesn't make it in the NFL. 
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

You've partially answered your own question. His immaturity is killing him. It could also be a character issue...or that he's emotionally or physically addicted to weed. No matter how you slice it, he's too much of a risk to be taken in round one.

The thing that concerns me the most about this kid is that he didn't change his ways after getting kicked out at the University of Florida. I doubt that he'll be included on the Pats' draft board: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82843871/article/janoris-jenkins-continued-problems-could-be-issue-on-draft-day?module=HP11_hot_topics 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think he'll go in the 2nd just because of his raw talent and some team will take a gamble.  I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd.  By then I don't see how you can pass him up given that a lot of people have him as a 1st round talent.  PE I know you think Jenkins is a huge risk, but would you take him in any round if he was available where the Pats are picking?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets will take him in the third round.  I think the Patriots would be willing to draft him in the fifth round, then sign him to an all-or-nothing Hernandez-type bigger-money contract (or if he doesn't sign, just cheap out.)