Re: How far will Jenkins drop?
posted at 4/12/2012 10:13 PM EDT
In Response to Re: How far will Jenkins drop?
[QUOTE]I don't know all the details of his troubled past. PE, what is it that bothers you the most to keep him off your team altogether?
Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]
1) He walked out after a post game speech by Meyers which showed disrespect to his coach and his teammates (one of my biggest)
2) He punched a guy who he thought might try to steal his gold chain in front of a cop showing extremely poor judgement and lack of control
3) He was cited twice and arrested twice for pot possession again showing lack of control and self discipline while also showing that he can't learn from his mistakes
4) After another failed drug test was kicked out of Florida, seriously you have to do a lot to be kicked out of that school
5) Having 4 kids with 3 women in 4 years shows even more lack of self discipline, maturity, responsibility, and showing once again he deosn't learn from his mistakes
6) When at N Ala he got into a fight on the field and was suspended showing his arrest for assault isn't an isolated incident again showing lack of self control
7) He lied saying that he being kicked out of Florida was an eye opener and he gave up pot to take care of his kids, but now it's leaked that he in fact never gave up smoking pot showing that he again has no self discipline, doesn't learn from mistakes, will try to cover up those mistakes by lying in public, and finally that he is self centered. If he wanted to take care of those kids he'd give up the pot and go the straight path so he could get drafted high and make enough money to raise them, instead he's willing to risk all that just to get high.
All in all this kid can't control himself, is selfish, doesn't seem to care about his team or teammates (he's willing to get suspended to fight or get high), doesn't learn from his mistakes, and apparently doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. I like what the team is developing into and these types of players I can do without, no matter the talent