how good are the oakland raiders?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

how good are the oakland raiders?

only reason i ask is because we have their first round pick in the next draft. they got a quarterback who i believe will be good in a year or two with them and everywhere i look says they had a very good draft. so how valuable is their first round pick next year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: how good are the oakland raiders?

What I see is a top 15 pick at the very least.  Their division is an unknown outside of San Diego.  Denver and Kansas City are in their 2nd year of bringing in a new philosophy so both teams had a high turnover in players.  But Oakland is still Oakland.  The schedule is not all that friendly so it may end up being a top 10 pick.  They did had a heck of a draft that filled some needs.  Campbell is pretty much use to picking up new offenses by now.  A lot of folks think he was never given the opportunity to be the QB of Washington and that may be so but Shanahan wasted no time in ditching him which means he saw something in the way the QB handled the offense.  It really is riding on Campbell.  How good will he be?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Worst case scenario was the raiders getting an actual nfl qb because the rest of there team is filled with some good players and lots of potential guys. Campbell will decrease the turnovers and give them a fighting chance at a 7-9 season.

I wish they had given Russel one more shot at Qb that would have been great for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Thinking the Raiders will be better but they still have one of the worst offensive lines in football. With that I have them going 6-10 tied for last with KC. I still think this pick will be a top 10 probably coming around 6-7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I hope they are bad enough to give us a pick in the top 10.
    I see them going 6-10 with Campbell at the helm. They stll have a bad O line, their Receivers are nothing to be excited about and Campbell is an Avg. NFL Qb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

JaMarcus Russell was pretty lousy, and the new guy is middle-of-the-pack.  Congrats to the Raiders for that.

Now, the Raiders offensive line is the worst in the NFL at pass-blocking.  Welcome to your new home, Jason Campbell.  You have to wonder whether Russell would have done better in the long run if he could possibly have signed with the Pats.

The same offensive line is also 27th in the NFL in run-blocking.  Cashing all five of the linemen in for skee-ball trinkets wouldn't be a bad idea, and I guess this also doesn't reflect well on the tight ends and on the blocking of the running backs.

Richard Seymour slid a bit in 2009.  He's much better than average, but not elite, about 20% from the top of the list now.  As a whole, the run defense, pass rush and pass defense are all average or maybe each is a tiny bit below average.  Actually their run defense was ranked 31st.  Their penalty rate is also a bit worse than average.

If you haven't improved your team, you're going backwards.  Oakland improved their QB.  LB Rolando McLain will be quite good if his chronic Crohn's disease doesn't slow him down like it did this spring.  After that... I could see another 5-11 season and another #8 pick.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: how good are the oakland raiders?:
    JaMarcus Russell was pretty lousy, and the new guy is middle-of-the-pack.  Congrats to the Raiders for that. Now, the Raiders offensive line is the worst in the NFL at pass-blocking.  Welcome to your new home, Jason Campbell.  You have to wonder whether Russell would have done better in the long run if he could possibly have signed with the Pats. The same offensive line is also 27th in the NFL in run-blocking.  Cashing all five of the linemen in for skee-ball trinkets wouldn't be a bad idea, and I guess this also doesn't reflect well on the tight ends and on the blocking of the running backs. Richard Seymour slid a bit in 2009.  He's much better than average, but not elite, about 20% from the top of the list now.  As a whole, the run defense, pass rush and pass defense are all average or maybe each is a tiny bit below average.  Actually their run defense was ranked 31st.  Their penalty rate is also a bit worse than average. If you haven't improved your team, you're going backwards.  Oakland improved their QB.  LB Rolando McLain will be quite good if his chronic Crohn's disease doesn't slow him down like it did this spring.  After that... I could see another 5-11 season and another #8 pick.  
    Posted by Paul_K

After reading this I am a little more optimistic about the Raiders totally bombing again. It is shocking that they actually gave us there #1 pick for a 30 year old player( I loved Seymour and all but DAMN) What was going through there minds???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Based on Oakland's schedule next year, I think they could go 8-8. Depends on how well Campbell plays. Oakland has some good players, but they still have Cable and Weird Al, so you never know how things will unfold. 

I think someone said a top 15 pick. I think this is a good projection based on the team and strength of schedule. 

Remember, even if we do land a top 15 spot via Oakland, we still have 2 2nd round picks by which we can move up. If there is a rookie pay scale next year, now would be the time to do it especially if there is a high impact player rated above where we draft. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: how good are the oakland raiders? : After reading this I am a little more optimistic about the Raiders totally bombing again. It is shocking that they actually gave us there #1 pick for a 30 year old player( I loved Seymour and all but DAMN) What was going through their minds???
    Posted by TrueChamp

The Raiders have a history of acquiring ageing defensive linemen;
    Warren Sapp, Ted Washington, Bobby Hamilton, Trace Armstrong, Dana Stubblefield, John Parrella.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Seems like no one is willing to give Russal one more shot lol he is done with football.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life
    Yeah he hit the lottery and he's off to an island with as boatload of Uncle Al's cash......In regards top the question of how good are the Raiders,they are a solid 5-11 team that could creep up to 6-10!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

3-13 team at best

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

They are a better team, they actually played well last year when Russell was benched but here's their schedule.  Based on the schedule alone I think a top 10 pick

L Week – 1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Titans 1:00 PM

W Week – 2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Rams 4:05 PM

L Week – 3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Cardinals 4:15 PM

L Week – 4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Texans 4:05 PM

W Week – 5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Chargers 4:15 PM

L Week – 6 Sun. Oct. 17 at 49ers 4:05 PM

L Week – 7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Broncos 4:15 PM

L Week – 8 Sun. Oct. 31 vs. Seahawks 4:15 PM

W Week – 9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Chiefs 4:15 PM

Week – 10 BYE

L Week – 11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Steelers 1:00 PM

L Week – 12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Dolphins 4:05 PM

L Week – 13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Chargers 4:05 PM

W Week – 14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Jaguars 1:00 PM

W Week – 15 Sun. Dec. 19 vs. Broncos 4:15 PM

L Week – 16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Colts 4:05 PM

W Week – 17 Sun. Jan. 02 at Chiefs 1:00 PM

So I have a 6-10 record with two of the 6 wins a question (at home vs chargers and at home vs Broncos).  If the Pats get anything between 6th pick to 12th they'll have a chance to land the best OLB, top two DE/DT and a top 3 WR in the draft. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

They are a better team, they actually played well last year when Russell was benched but here's their schedule.  Based on the schedule alone I think a top 10 pick L Week – 1 Sun. Sep. 12 at Titans 1:00 PM W Week – 2 Sun. Sep. 19 vs. Rams 4:05 PM L Week – 3 Sun. Sep. 26 at Cardinals 4:15 PM L Week – 4 Sun. Oct. 03 vs. Texans 4:05 PM W Week – 5 Sun. Oct. 10 vs. Chargers 4:15 PM L Week – 6 Sun. Oct. 17 at 49ers 4:05 PM L Week – 7 Sun. Oct. 24 at Broncos 4:15 PM L Week – 8 Sun. Oct. 31 vs. Seahawks 4:15 PM W Week – 9 Sun. Nov. 07 vs. Chiefs 4:15 PM Week – 10 BYE L Week – 11 Sun. Nov. 21 at Steelers 1:00 PM L Week – 12 Sun. Nov. 28 vs. Dolphins 4:05 PM L Week – 13 Sun. Dec. 05 at Chargers 4:05 PM W Week – 14 Sun. Dec. 12 at Jaguars 1:00 PM W Week – 15 Sun. Dec. 19 vs. Broncos 4:15 PM L Week – 16 Sun. Dec. 26 vs. Colts 4:05 PM W Week – 17 Sun. Jan. 02 at Chiefs 1:00 PM So I have a 6-10 record with two of the 6 wins a question (at home vs chargers and at home vs Broncos).  If the Pats get anything between 6th pick to 12th they'll have a chance to land the best OLB, top two DE/DT and a top 3 WR in the draft. 
    Posted by Pats7393

Going by this schedule they have a very good chance of starting out 1-5 before the trade deadline, with the only win possibly being week 2 against Rams. Tough to fight for wins after a 1-5 start with your coach already on the hot seast!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

6-10 to 8-8.  The problem isn't how bad the raiders are but how mediocre the rest of the west is. They really don't have a tough schedule this year. Rams s@ck. Titans are mediocre.Who knows what the Steelers are going to be this year but it's probably not good with their problems. Arizona is mediocre after their offseason losses. Broncos and Chiefs for 4 games. I could easily see them pulling 6 games out of that mess. 8 on the good side if they luck out a little.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The question should be "how bad are the Oakland Raiders?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I thought the the Redskins had a better OL, RB and OC and overall team then the Raiders have this year.  So Campbell will most likely play worse= more interceptions than he did last few years, that's pretty bad.  The Raiders D acutally looked OK in the end of the season last year i thought they won like 4 of their last 5 games or something.  If the Raiders D can hold teams to like 17pts a game average and they ask Campbell to be a game mgr then maybe they get 6 wins. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Just checked my power ratings.  My numbers have Oakland winning 3.1 games out of 16 next year and earning the #4 pick.  They're a long way behind Jacksonville, who might go 5-11 by the power ratings.   The absolute trash of the league is Seattle, which could win 2 games except they got a new coach, Detroit, which might win 1 game, and St. Louis, which apparently has been deceased for a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The question should be "how bad are the Oakland Raiders?"
    Posted by wozzy

i think bad, do they even have an offense?