how i see it...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

how i see it...

in a couple of years tom brady will be retired, and the patriots wont have a demi-god under center every sunday.  now is the time to start rebuilding/regearing this o-line towards run blocking, and picking up a young stud powerback (a la corey dillon) in the draft.

Jonathan Dwyer from Georgia Tech has my vote

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: how i see it...

i second that, Jonathan Dwyer would look great in Patriot Blue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

Although he is not quite the power-back, I would love to see them pick up CJ Spiller.  This guy is unbelievable.  I get to watch every game he plays living in the south.  He is amazing and can do everything.  He can put his head down and run over people, he can make people miss, he can catch and can return kicks.  Most teams won't even kick to him (punt or kick off).  Check out this youtube clip:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I dont think we are going to target anyone.  We will grab the handfulls of lower rank players and look for the breakouts.  I think Bill is not as excited about first rounders and hasnt seemed to target specific players before.  I do miss "clock killin Corey Dillon" though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: how i see it...:
    [QUOTE]I dont think we are going to target anyone.  We will grab the handfulls of lower rank players and look for the breakouts.  I think Bill is not as excited about first rounders and hasnt seemed to target specific players before.  I do miss "clock killin Corey Dillon" though.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i disagree. the patriots definitely target people.  they just hesitate to draft them higher than they should.  darius butler is a great example of that.  the draft this year is expected to be one of the deepest ever (because eligible rookies want to avoid a payscale) and i can easily see dwyer falling to the second round (especially since georgia tech is running him as the FB in the triple option)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah let's dismantle this championship-caliber team and start looking under some rocks. Maybe Ryan Leaf's younger brother is there somewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

You guys really have a lot of time off to be thinking that ahead.

Right now this team, is about to play the hard part of its schedule, lets focus on that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Brady has a long way to go before retirement so let's get that out of the way pronto.

The Dwyer kid is a solid round 2 pick as it stands right now or what I make out of anyway.  And that is if he comes out for the draft.  He may want to stay in and try to be a top ten pick next year where he can move up a whole round position wise.

Until the underclassman claim eligibility it's all a WAG.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Dwyer is a stud and I believe he will certainly be on the NE radar come April, some other big backs to keep an eye on are:

Charles Scott, LSU (6-0 235)
    Ryan Mathews, Fresno State (5-11 220)
    Anthony Dixon, Miss State (6-1 235)
    Toby Gerhart, Stanford (6-1 235)
    Keiland Williams, LSU (5-11 220)

Matthews in particular is currently the leading rusher in 1A (256 Car for 1,130 Yds and 9 TD's to this point), there is also the tie to HC Pat Hill (from the Belichick coaching tree)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]I remember when I was on the Pats email list in the 1990's and one joker one year in the middle of the season started a thread about how he wanted the Pats to sign Jack Del Rio as a free agent. Why do you people do this?????????????????????????????
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

So people have been doing this to you since the 90's and your still shocked enough for 30 question marks?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah let's dismantle this championship-caliber team and start looking under some rocks. Maybe Ryan Leaf's younger brother is there somewhere.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

what the fcuk are you talking about dude? no one said anything about dismantling anything. im saying lets start picking up guys for down the road so when our current OLINE and brady are gone we can easily pull a smooth transition (see Matt Cassel if your confused) slightly geared toward running so that our new QB (whoever that may be/a few years down the road) is less under pressure. simpleton....

im not questioning the ability of our team... im questioning the ability of our team when our STARS ARE GONE!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how i see it... : So people have been doing this to you since the 90's and your still shocked enough for 30 question marks?
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Some people start wildly out-of-place threads.

Other people count question marks.

It's a crazy world, you know?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Although he is not quite the power-back, I would love to see them pick up CJ Spiller.  This guy is unbelievable.  I get to watch every game he plays living in the south.  He is amazing and can do everything.  He can put his head down and run over people, he can make people miss, he can catch and can return kicks.  Most teams won't even kick to him (punt or kick off).  Check out this youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBWcHXck-Y
    Posted by jeepguy2358[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he'd be able to shake NFL defenders like that.  I tend to think he won't be able to do so against better athletes (half of those plays came against an underwhelming BC squad).

Things I like: 
    -He's got quick feet
    -He has good hip flexibility, which shows when he changes direction at full speed
    -He gets up to full speed very quickly
    -His full speed is very fast

I just don't think he's an every-down running back in the league.  I don't know if he'd be able to take the inevitable pounding that NFL backs take on a regular basis.  He looks thin for the NFL position.  I'd definitely nab him in the 2nd or 3rd round if he were still around, though - I'd try him at a Percy-Harvin-like position (slot receiver who catches in space and runs the Wildcat).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

What would make you think Brady only has a couple more yrs before retirement??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]What would make you think Brady only has a couple more yrs before retirement??
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

when i say a couple i mean anywhere from 2-4.  i dont know it just makes sense to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbreg7. Show rbreg7's posts

He's 32, so unless personal or health issues get in the way I see him for 4-7 more years.  More like 7.