How important is the draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from draftingfordummies. Show draftingfordummies's posts

How important is the draft?

I'm interested to see what we all think...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: How important is the draft?

I think it's very important. We have a first rounder and a third rounder. If we hit on this draft the team will have had two very successful drafts one after the other. That would be huge for the future of the team.

We need a pass rush. If we can get two good OLBs this draft and a great end to replace Seymour that would fantastic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

draftingfordummies is a Colts fan troll trying to stir pot, I recommend ignore button.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Of course the draft is very important. It's the primary way teams fill their roster. Free agency is a good way to meet specific needs, but it's a hard way to build a whole team.

The draft, however, is generally a crap shoot, since no one really knows how a college player is going to transition to the pros. The higher you pick in the draft, the better the odds of a player working out, but there are no guarantees. You can argue about which strategy is better: taking fewer picks with higher odds (i.e., trading up) or taking more picks with lower odds (i.e., trading down).  BB seems to favor the second strategy.  It means he gives up on some good bets in the earlier rounds--but it also gives him a better chance of filling up a roster with consistent decent quality. Not everything you do will work with either of the two strategies--but both strategies are equally valid.  And the failure of any particular pick is not necessarily proof of the failure of the strategy.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Where might we be picking in Round 1 now? IMO, we draft a RB first and address the other needs later on. I love Sammy and Taylor but, they are not reliable. Maroney? He's had a couple of glimmers of hope but, that's it. I'm convinced he'll never be more than he is now. Having said that, does anybody else feel like I do; Maroney will get picked up by a team and be a beast for them. You know it's going to happen. 

But, Faulk is getting up there. BJGE obviously has no role for the Patriots. BB refuses to give him any carries for some reason. I guess we may never know what BJGE could have been as long as he's on the Patriots. BB seems content to let Maroney get his 3 YPC. Drives me almost insane. 

Defenses seem OK to let Welker have his usual 15 rec's and 150 YPG. They worry about Moss and shut him down. Aikens is good although we need a real deep threat. Period. They know the Patriots will pass, pass pass because they have no running game.