How long do we drink the Kool-aid??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

How long do we drink the Kool-aid??

I know it's only week 2 but to me this looks like a team in decline with the window closing fast. I'm a strong believer in Bill don't get me wrong but for how long do we watch the organization jetison away talent for one reason or another (most of the time it's tied to money), and replace it with jorneyman players, stockpile low round draft picks by trading down then ultimatly cutting the players we've drafted?? The philosophy is all well and good when it works but It's finally catching up with the Pats. They still haven't found an adequate replacement for Samuel, they refuse to pay a stud defensive lineman to get to the QB and are jerking around the only player there now who can play defense in Wilfork. They send Gaffney packing only to replace him with Greg Lewis who they cut, the bring in a 39 year old WR who can't catch, the continue to hog up roster space with Maroney who should have been cut last year, they bring in ancient Fred Taylor who isn't an every down back and continue to baby Sammy Morris who can't stay healthy. I'm losing my patience with thsi regime to be quite honest. Sports is all about "what have you done for me lately". Maybe there needs to be a change at the top sooner than later..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid??

How about the next time the Pats have a losing season.....and lets wait until the Season is over before crying please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont know, how long will you wait outside while the sky is falling? Your right this team is god aweful lets all just give up now.....fool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

ahhh im not sure what change in the top youre referring to?
    Bob Kraft? Bill Belichek? I dont think so man.

I see your point - but know for sure the change needs to be made in response to some of the cordinators and not at the top. Everyone says where are the playmakers on this defense? Its the fact of not scheming the right defensive plays like blitzing to force those type of plays to happen, such as INTs or even fumbles or sacks. Very rare a QB that isnt hassled will throw an accurate pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid??:
    [QUOTE]How about the next time the Pats have a losing season.....and lets wait until the Season is over before crying please.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

Obviously you're still drinking it. I'm not crying but it's obvious the Pats have not drafted well recently and their recent FA acquisitions have been flimsy at best. C;mon, Joey Galloway?? Greg Lewis??  And don't start me on the secondary which has been a revolving door of mediocrity because they didn't want to pay one of the best shut down corners in his prime! They're cheap and it's finally catching up with them. You need talent to win and when the best pass rusher on your team is Tully Banta-Cain..that's a problem my friend

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]ahhh im not sure what change in the top youre referring to? Bob Kraft? Bill Belichek? I dont think so man. I see your point - but know for sure the change needs to be made in response to some of the cordinators and not at the top. Everyone says where are the playmakers on this defense? Its the fact of not scheming the right defensive plays like blitzing to force those type of plays to happen, such as INTs or even fumbles or sacks. Very rare a QB that isnt hassled will throw an accurate pick.
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

Yes, Belichick. I know, it's blasphemy to say that but all organizatiosn hit a wall. Hey, Denver fired Shannahan didn't they? What did he do wrong. Philosophically there needs to be a change whether that means coordinators or how they draft or how they spend money. You can't build a team with Leigh Boddens, Banta-Cains, and Joey Galloways..that's garbage

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Obviously you're still drinking it. I'm not crying but it's obvious the Pats have not drafted well recently and their recent FA acquisitions have been flimsy at best. C;mon, Joey Galloway?? Greg Lewis??  And don't start me on the secondary which has been a revolving door of mediocrity because they didn't want to pay one of the best shut down corners in his prime! They're cheap and it's finally catching up with them. You need talent to win and when the best pass rusher on your team is Tully Banta-Cain..that's a problem my friend
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

LOL!  You have got to be an idiot reactionist to be talking like this AFTER THE SECOND GAME!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Yes, Belichick. I know, it's blasphemy to say that but all organizatiosn hit a wall. Hey, Denver fired Shannahan didn't they? What did he do wrong. Philosophically there needs to be a change whether that means coordinators or how they draft or how they spend money. You can't build a team with Leigh Boddens, Banta-Cains, and Joey Galloways..that's garbage

Bodden and Banta-cane are playing fine....the problem is not with Defense.  Maybe we should get rid of Brady, Moss and Welker....they have been playing horribly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are an idiot, yes the Bronco's fired Shanahan but he has not been to a super bowl since 1998 Belichick took a team to teh super bowl in teh last two years! One season ago he coached us to 16-0 and to the super bowl. No way you fire a coach like that. Kool aide has nothing to do with it, if you have a brain in your head you can see that you dont fire a Bill Belichick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : LOL!  You have got to be an idiot reactionist to be talking like this AFTER THE SECOND GAME!

Hey, hopefully your right and I'm overreacting but the road doesn't get easier here. Atlanta is no push over then we have the Ravens who will crush us if they play the way the have the past two weeks. After the Bills game we all gave them a mulligan- rust, nerves, conditioning. what happened yesterday and what will we say if Atlanta has it's way with us because they can't get to Matt Ryan?? When is it a trend?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Amen, Smorgran86.  I am much less of a BB beleiver seeing how poorly this team played over the first 2 weeks and a series of mind-imploding roster moves since last season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Hey, hopefully your right and I'm overreacting but the road doesn't get easier here. Atlanta is no push over then we have the Ravens who will crush us if they play the way the have the past two weeks. After the Bills game we all gave them a mulligan- rust, nerves, conditioning. what happened yesterday and what will we say if Atlanta has it's way with us because they can't get to Matt Ryan?? When is it a trend?

When will you realize that it is not the defense that we have the problem with?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Amen, Smorgran86.  I am much less of a BB beleiver seeing how poorly this team played over the first 2 weeks and a series of mind-imploding roster moves since last season.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

Good, I don't want fairweather fans sitting nxt tp me watching MY team......don't let the door hit you on the way out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Good, I don't want fairweather fans sitting nxt tp me watching MY team......don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I've probably been a fan longer than you have dude..I'm no fair wheather fan but I'm also not afraid to criticize the organization based upon what I see. Heaven forbid we criticize Belichick right? That's what sports is about.."blind faith in your leaders will get you killed" remember that when the Pats suffer more defeats than wins if they don't change philosophy. It's NOT working. talent is talent and GOOD talent costs money in this league. Sure, we caught lightning in a bottle with the current approach but I'm telling you, continue bringing in second rate talent and low round draft picks and eventually your left with a second rate team. Take Brady, Moss, Welker out of this equation right now and tell me, what is left here that brings anything to the table. Wilfork maybe, but they'll cheap out on him too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

SO when we went 16-0 and made it to the superbowl just two seasons ago with with Belichick was that with a bunch of second rate talent to? Guys liek Welker dont get drafted cause of tools like you who only want the Mike Crabtrees of the world. Belichick is a better judge of talent then you are deal with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxinBoston. Show SoxinBoston's posts

Agree.....Look, the Patriots can't be great forever.  There is gonna be some rebuilding years, and it looks like they will start next year, or the year after, once Moss and Welker are gone.  This year and maybe next will be more of "decline" years, with the Pats going a respectable 9-7 or 8-8.  I suspect the Seymour trade is the "Brady replacement" pick, for in 2011, BB will be focused on finding the next QB of the New England Patriots....hard to imagine, but who knows how many more years Brady has left. three?  four?.....he appears to already be in decline, and with a mediocre, if not downright terrible O-Line protecting him, look for him to become more injury prone as well.  The defense may be better in a year or two as there is some decent young talent.  But superbowls???  This team is nowhere near that level and will likely miss the playoffs this year and next unfortunately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Obviously you're still drinking it. I'm not crying but it's obvious the Pats have not drafted well recently and their recent FA acquisitions have been flimsy at best. C;mon, Joey Galloway?? Greg Lewis??  And don't start me on the secondary which has been a revolving door of mediocrity because they didn't want to pay one of the best shut down corners in his prime! They're cheap and it's finally catching up with them. You need talent to win and when the best pass rusher on your team is Tully Banta-Cain..that's a problem my friend

I agree that the Pats have serious issues and that it could be a long season, but you are way over the cliff.

1) If the Pats "are cheap", then how come they are always within close reach of the cap?  They spread it around and it usually works.

2) The Pats, like all teams, have won and lost in the draft.  Let's not forget, they got Welker and Moss by trading picks.  They drafted argualby the best K in the league.  They drafted the defensive rookie of the year in Mayo.  Edelman looks to be a great catch, if they can just work on his hands a bit. Merriweather is coming on strong.   These are great uses of draft picks.  They can't all pan out.

3)  The secondary is finally gelling after being off since 2005. While many are cutting them down on their D, I'll take 16 or 17 points surrendered per week all season.  What I see is a group of DBs that are clocking the receivers at every chance.  Bodden, Sanders, Merriweather?  Yo really think these guys are playing poorly?

As for dumping BB, that is the kind of idiotic move the Raiders make.  Yes, the coaching has been uneven since the 2007 play-offs, but you don't dump a perrenially winning coach during a rebuilding year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

Wow! Ummmm.....

First of all, to make any type of judgement on this season or the Seymour trade is premature at best! 1st of all we have no idea what that 2011 draft pick will bring? There is a salary cap in Football and you cannot keep everybody. If it was between Seymour and Wilfork? (And it was) I think we all know who we'd choose to keep around, right? Wilfork hands down is the guy you keep! Wilfork is a better player than Seymour is at this point, end of story! 2nd of all, to make any type of judgement on this team based on the 1st two games of the season is rediculous! This team is going through some very BIG changes on both sides of the ball! The loss of many core players on D. Coupled with Brady shaking off the apparent rust from being out all year last year! To expect Brady to come back without skipping a beat is totally unfair! 

As we all should know by now an NFL football team doesn't really even start to gain an identity or take shape until Nov./Dec. So instead of proclaiming that the end is near and that this is the end of a dynasty! Lets take this for what it is! These are all BIG problems but, they're problems that can be fixed! The offense doesnt look "old". That's just stupid! The offense looks out of sync and Brady is the reason for it! His inaccuracy killed the team yesterday! If the Pats had scored TD's on three drives instead of settling for FGs'? You are all singing different tunes today! The D would've given up 17pts and the Offense would've scored 21pts in the 1st half. The Pats possibly would have won! So please spare me all your doom and gloom!  We will see where everything shakes out in Jan. OK?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Our defense is keeping games close.  Our offense can't produce.

If you were going to rush to a judgment about this team right now, the obvious conclusion would be 1. upgrade o-line and 2. upgrade quarterback.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! Ummmm..... First of all, to make any type of judgement on this season or the Seymour trade is premature at best! 1st of all we have no idea what that 2011 draft pick will bring? There is a salary cap in Football and you cannot keep everybody. If it was between Seymour and Wilfork? (And it was) I think we all know who we'd choose to keep around, right? Wilfork hands down is the guy you keep! Wilfork is a better player than Seymour is at this point, end of story! 2nd of all, to make any type of judgement on this team based on the 1st two games of the season is rediculous! This team is going through some very BIG changes on both sides of the ball! The loss of many core players on D. Coupled with Brady shaking off the apparent rust from being out all year last year! To expect Brady to come back without skipping a beat is totally unfair!  As we all should know by now an NFL football team doesn't really even start to gain an identity or take shape until Nov./Dec. So instead of proclaiming that the end is near and that this is the end of a dynasty! Lets take this for what it is! These are all BIG problems but, they're problems that can be fixed! The offense doesnt look "old". That's just stupid! The offense looks out of sync and Brady is the reason for it! His inaccuracy killed the team yesterday! If the Pats had scored TD's on three drives instead of settling for FGs'? You are all singing different tunes today! The D would've given up 17pts and the Offense would've scored 21pts in the 1st half. The Pats possibly would have won! So please spare me all your doom and gloom!  We will see where everything shakes out in Jan. OK?  
    Posted by K-LITE[/QUOTE]

Defininition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result. All I'm saying s that no matter how good an organization is or how good a coach is, everything reaches a stagnation point. Philosophy and execution have remained unchanged and it's getting old. Along with BB's chryptic, non informative press conferences and injury reports. "we have to play better" REALLY?? Wes Welker didn't play "because he couldn't play" WOW, really?? The whole show is growing tired in my opinion

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

"IN BILL WE TRUST"----ENOUGH SAID!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]Our defense is keeping games close.  Our offense can't produce. If you were going to rush to a judgment about this team right now, the obvious conclusion would be 1. upgrade o-line and 2. upgrade quarterback.
    Posted by drawme[/QUOTE]

See if your singing a different tune about the Defense after the Patriots play a decent offensive team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : I've probably been a fan longer than you have dude..I'm no fair wheather fan but I'm also not afraid to criticize the organization based upon what I see. Heaven forbid we criticize Belichick right? That's what sports is about.."blind faith in your leaders will get you killed" remember that when the Pats suffer more defeats than wins if they don't change philosophy. It's NOT working. talent is talent and GOOD talent costs money in this league. Sure, we caught lightning in a bottle with the current approach but I'm telling you, continue bringing in second rate talent and low round draft picks and eventually your left with a second rate team. Take Brady, Moss, Welker out of this equation right now and tell me, what is left here that brings anything to the table. Wilfork maybe, but they'll cheap out on him too

I don't care how long you have been a fan, jumping off the bandwagon is not called being a fan.....

Who are you to be a judge of what talent we have?  You, my friend, are not an expert in pro football talent.

Good talent costs money, so where do you expect to get this money when we meet the cap every year and continue to have 12-4 to 14-2 seasons?

WHERE DO YOU GET THE MONEY FROM?  Please tell me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : See if your singing a different tune about the Defense after the Patriots play a decent offensive team
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

LOL!  So you give no credit to the Pats shutting down TO and Evans in Buffalo?  Give no credit to the pats for shutting out a really good running team like Jones and Washinton in NY?

Are you even a Pats fan?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you want a coach who talks too much and gives out too much info to stupid fans and talking heads then cheer for a new team man. Personally I like the way he does things, s crew the media and anyone else who needs to know more then they need to know. Belichick tells you what he has to tell you and nothing more and more coaches should be like him. If you want to be entertained during a press conference after a game watcha  coors light add.