How long until Tom Coughlin gets fired?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

How long until Tom Coughlin gets fired?

I was thinking today originally going by what the Giants owner said during the summer.   

Their next 3 games AT Chiefs, home against Philly and AT Bears could be it for him unless they win at least 2 of those games and look better in the loss because then they have their bye week and I don't see him returning for game #7.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: How long until Tom Coughlin gets fired?

You'd think 2 SB championships in the last 5 years would be enough to keep him safe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beef23. Show beef23's posts

i would think they would give the benifit of the doubt and not fire him untill the season ends. He is due that kind of respect!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good question. It's not like his 2 SB wins were convincing. A lot of "what the other guy didn't do" went into those victories. But in my view the guy deserves a few more years at least.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I don't think he'll be fired during the year. Maybe at the end but if he wins 7 games I think he'll be back for sure. The funny thing is, I'm not sure they will win 7 games this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

My mistake, their bye week isn't until after game #8, but until then they have Philly (twice), KC, Bears, Vikings.   Could be 0-8 after the first half of the season.

Their second half isn't much better as they start with Oakland (shouldn't lose that one), Packers, Cowboys, Redskins (twice), Chargers, Seahawks and Lions.

Very tough schedule they have been dealt this year, I do not see them being more than a 4 or 5 win team, possibly 1 or 2 unless they vastly improve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

the giants are looking really bad right now, no way he makes it thru the year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Tom Coughlin is an excellent coach. 

He was an excellent coach at Boston College, including knocking off #1 ND in South Bend.

He was the best coach the Jaguars ever had.   They gave the Pats a good game in the '96 Conf. Championship.  He had them in the playoffs 4/8 years.  No other coach has come close for that sorry franchise.

He's won 2 SBs with the Giants, and has another SB ring from his time on the Giants staff under Parcells.

They are obviously off to a rough start and their last game was horrendous, but there are probably 10 other things that need to be corrected before looking at the HC as a problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

8-8 in that division might get you in Play-offs, so nothing to worry about yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

He'll be out of work for half a day if he's fired at the end of the season. I like Coughlin and I feel he deserves the full season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

still time to turn it around....give it a few games

and I don't even like the Giants.....Coughlin is a good coach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It could come down to wins. For example if Coughlin wins 6 or fewer games he's gone. Six or more and he's in. Some of this is on Reese and what he has done with the money and how some players have really underperformed. Super Bowl rings could mean he get a reprieve, but next year he is on the hotseat. Another aspect of this is to consider which coaches will be available at season's end for Giants management.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Good question. It's not like his 2 SB wins were convincing. A lot of "what the other guy didn't do" went into those victories. But in my view the guy deserves a few more years at least.

You're right, because it matters how you win, not if you win.  Good point.  Undecided

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

To be fair, all 3 of the Patriots' rings are from 3 points each as well.   No SB blowouts by them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

To be fair, all 3 of the Patriots' rings are from 3 points each as well.   No SB blowouts by them.

Close games yes. But wins not handed to them by the other guy choking. There is a difference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

His 2 rings gives him cache for now. Remember Mark Twain though...it's a 16 game season....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He has leverage as being the guy who turns the ship around and wins the SB, even though his team wins the SB due to the pass-rushers playing at elite levels and Eli making lucky throws. The problem with this is that he never actually coached them up to be better players, they just start playing lights out because their backs are to the wall. In fact, in 2007, the team hated him and had rebelled. They didn't rally around him until they beat Greenbay(I think). He doesn't have that terribe three-some he had in 2007 or 2011, and in both seasons, he had a dominant emerging second year DE who allowed the Giants to play in their "Nascar" formation because no one knew how to defend that emerging player.

2007 - Osi, Strahan and 2nd year DE Justin Tuck.

2011 - Osi, Tuck and 2nd year DE JPP.

Might as well keep him, the NFC East is the most overhyped and overrated division in football. They Giants are only 2 games out of first and the Cowboys are the division leaders. Who amongst us would be surprised to see the Cowboys finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs?

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think he is one of the better coaches in the Bill Belichick coaching tree. Parcells being the other notable coach who made a name for himself after associating with BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

3 years

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

PLEASE STOP THE COUGHLIN GETTING FIRED TALK!

Every time it comes up that they are not a very good team and Caughlin should be fired they seem to end up winning the SB the next season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

PLEASE STOP THE COUGHLIN GETTING FIRED TALK!

Every time it comes up that they are not a very good team and Caughlin should be fired they seem to end up winning the SB the next season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Anybody who can win 2 SBs in 5 years with a hot and cold guy like Eli is a great coach, opponent choking or not.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.