How many more years for Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

How many more years for Brady?

Sooner or later, hopefully much later, a players career will end. Looking at the age of retirement for some of the most famous NFL quarterbacks 38 is pretty common.

Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Dan Marino all called it a day at 38. Terry Bradshaw at age 35, and Troy Aikman at 34 (an outlier).

One major knee injury so far, and lesser nagging injuries, finger, ribs, shoulder, and a hernia. God, and the trainer(s), knows what else he has had.

He's said he wants to play until 40, but that's a lot of hits to take.

Everyone wants to see one more ring for Brady. How much longer does he play for? Will it be a Montana scenario where he gets traded for a young(er) qb, or in four years does he get that last SB win, and walks away?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hooterdawg. Show hooterdawg's posts

Re: How many more years for Brady?

I think Brady wil retire after his next serious setback or injury. He really has nothing more to play for, and nothing left to prove. He doesn't need the money - Giselle makes more than enough - and his strong decade has assured him a HoF ticket. The Pats will be wise to be looking for his replacement NOW. I wonder if they have the moxy to trade up (like the Jets did in 2009) to grab a Clausen or a Bradford. Sanchez took them all the way to the AFCCG. Image how quickly an understudy could develop under Brady's wing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think in about 5 years he will decide how much longer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

with our O-Line as it is now i give him two years max

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

38 is a good starting number which gives him 6 more years.  The rules on hitting a QB, favor him playing a long time if the O-line can get some protection.  Favre played great at 40 and there's no doubt that if Warner wanted to play next year he would still be one of the best QB's at 39.  I think teams will approach QB contracts with that in mind and won't try to get younger at the position until production takes a noticeable decline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

He has been concussion free and you don't want to end up with Joe Natmath knees either.  One of the issues this off season will be protect the franchise, Brady.  Vollmer is an excellent start and with the addition of one more this thing could be turned around over night.  The bottom line is the more Brady gets tagged the less bright the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Productive years - 4
    Total years - 6

I'm guessing he will sign a 6 year extension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Barring Concussions which I think would change the dynamic immediately I say between 6 and 8 years which brings it to him being 38-40. I am not sure the Patriots want him playing for them till he is 40 I think they would like 5 more years and then have his replacement ready to go at that point which means his replacement is yet to be drafted. The reason I say that about the Patriots is the football gurus know he is likely to not be anywhere close to his peak ability the last 2-3 years before he is 40. If he is still with the team at 40 I think it is as a backup/coach that last year to the replacement. Just my guess. 
    BTW he doesn't care how much Gisselle makes and I doubt that has any bearing on his retirement as it will only be a retirement from playing the game but he is a smart guy who could go the coach route or analyst route or off into his own business like Elway did.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Oh yeah also as close as he is to Kraft maybe he becomes a part owner or front office guy like Tippett.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

TB once said he could play until he's 40 because he just drops back and trows the ball.  That was said when he had a OL that protected him so who knows now but I think he will play until 38 or 40 and play at a high level.

One thing is for certain, we need to upgrade the OL so he can play for as long as he feels he can compete at the highest level.  He's the type of player that if he can't play at that level he'll probably call it a career. 

When it is all said and done he'll have 6 SB wins, 4 SB MVP, 3 League MVPs and more records.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Depends on the rebuilding process.  Brady is smart enough to know if he doesn't have protection, he will get hurt. If BB doesn't find decent players to protect him, no more than 3 years. If we get some studs up front who can protect him AND run block, he could be here for 5-6 productive years.  If not, he won't have any more productive years.