How Much is Julius Peppers worth next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

How Much is Julius Peppers worth next year?

I know there has been quite a bit of discussion over Julius Peppers FA status next year and after watching him today that discussion should be over. He was held in check by an offensive line that hasn't looked real strong this year. Notice anything missing from the Carolina stat line? 16.7 Million this year and probably looking for 10 per year if he isn't franchised.

TOTSOLOSACKSTFLPDQB HTSTD
    J. Beason16902000
    J. Anderson9600000
    N. Hayden8700000
    D. Connor8500000
    C. Godfrey8500000
    D. Lewis8501000
    C. Harris7601000
    R. Marshall4200000
    H. Thomas4201000
    C. Johnson4200010
    C. Gamble3200100
    C. Munnerlyn3200000
    E. Brown2100010
    Team845405120

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: How Much is Julius Peppers worth next year?

How old is he?  I wouldn't be against getting him, but not for more than a 1st rounder would demand in pay.  One or the other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

E... he's our equivalent of AD and Seymour.  Once they get the big pay day, they hang their hat and coast....
    Also, Moss... he got his 2007 records and now is done...nothing left to play for (in his mind, this is not an SB team)

Whatever Pepper is worth, someone else can have him.  I'd rather see someone wanting to prove himself than a has-been

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: How Much is Julius Peppers worth next year?:
    [QUOTE]How old is he?  I wouldn't be against getting him, but not for more than a 1st rounder would demand in pay.  One or the other.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

He'll be 30 years old in January. If Carolina Franchises him again they have to give him a raise for tagging him 2 years in a row so they may be hesitant to do it. Rumor is that he will be looking for Albert Haynesworth money like 10 Mil per year. This was a Joey Porter-esque performance today. I'll take my chances in the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Maybe he is disinterested in playing for a horrible team that franchised him against his wishes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]E... he's our equivalent of AD and Seymour.  Once they get the big pay day, they hang their hat and coast.... Also, Moss... he got his 2007 records and now is done...nothing left to play for (in his mind, this is not an SB team) Whatever Pepper is worth, someone else can have him.  I'd rather see someone wanting to prove himself than a has-been
    Posted by LifeTimePat[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent analogy and yes I wish we had a whole team full of guys that were playing in their contract year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe he is disinterested in playing for a horrible team that franchised him against his wishes?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard him speak out about that but you never know. I can't imagine them tagging him again at about 18 million for next year so if he is playing pi$$ed it may be working. There will still be a team that pays him next year regardless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~The "Pepper's Free Agency" is such a tough call...  When He shows up, He really shows up-(still very high up in the League in Sack Total this year with 8 or 9), BUT he does seem to disappear...for whole games (not good).  Also, DOES Peppers want to play for a 3-4 Team as an OLB, OR a 4-3 team as a DE still.  WILL he play as a 3-4 DE?  IF "Yes" as ALL of these positions, His value goes much further up... 

Now, IF Peppers wants to limit his options, and try his skill as a 3-4 OLB only...I believe He has the skill, speed to do it, BUT time is a factor-his age (not bad), but the time it'll take to learn not only a New System, but a New Position.  Subsequently here, Pepper's options (going only to 3-4 teams)/IF they want to take the time and risk- And so therefore His asking salary drops considerably. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

[QUOTE]~The " Pepper's Free Agency " is such a tough call...  When He shows up, He really shows up-(still very high up in the League in Sack Total this year with 8 or 9), BUT he does seem to disappear...for whole games (not good)....
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I think that is the kind of player that BB wants to rid NE of -- the guys who would only show up a few games in a season, just to show that they still have it. The success of this team was built on players who played all on every down (I know this is cliche, but I thought that was true).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Nothing.  Draft better.  The league and all leagues for that matter are enhancced each year with new talent.  At least Theo's understands that aspect. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would rather then go out and grab Elvis Dumervil, but I suppose the dread FRANCH is going to ruin that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

As I see it the Pats have 3 major needs.  OLB, DE, and Offensive linemen, how they fill the need, through free agency or the draft does not matter to me. 

In the Draft you only get one chance to get a top tier player, if you want another you better look at the free agents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

I guess it's a question of value.  Can he still be effective - sure, he's got pretty good stats (although his number wasn't called much today).  But at what he'll probably be looking for, it may be better to get someone else for half that (and half the stats) and use the money to improve other areas.  Although I don't know Haynesworth's stats, whatever they are, it's not been much help to the Redskins. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

STOP ALL THIS TALK ABOUT PEPPERS!!!!  Hes too old and this is what has the Patriots in trouble. THis team needs YOUNG and HUNGRY Talent that WANT TO play not try and see if they can hook on to get a ring before they retire.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]patsfans ur a moron

...some barely coherent blurbs in between...

sad ur so old n so stupid
    Posted by SICOFITALL[/QUOTE]

So, we're we inherit this tumshie from?  He just registered yesterday and he's calling everyone stupid and posturing himself way past his ability to communicate politely and/or correctly.  What a sorry sod!

I guess one might say that in less than 24 hours, we are sick of it all, as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think hardly any big name free agents are worth it.  The percentage of them that even come close to living up to the hype is miniscule.  I mean really, how many of them earn those big fat contracts with their new teams?  It happens, but very seldom.

Peppers basically took a year off when he was unhappy with the Titans one year.  He played dismal.  We don't need superstars, we just need to reset to a roster full of unknowns who play pretty good, and a few of them are able to reach deep down inside of themselves and outplay themselves when it matters most.  In other words, like our championship years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think hardly any big name free agents are worth it.  The percentage of them that even come close to living up to the hype is miniscule.  I mean really, how many of them earn those big fat contracts with their new teams?  It happens, but very seldom. Peppers basically took a year off when he was unhappy with the Titans one year.  He played dismal.  We don't need superstars, we just need to reset to a roster full of unknowns who play pretty good, and a few of them are able to reach deep down inside of themselves and outplay themselves when it matters most.  In other words, like our championship years.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I've heard you mention this before Caraway and I tend to agree.Harrison worked out well but was often injured and Colvin had a couple good years but also never returned to form after injuries. Vraebel was a guy that no one considered to be a star when we grabbed him and our championships were won with home spun talent. We need to draft better and coach better. Easier said than done I guess.
    I keep waiting for the Pats to reach deep down this year like they have been able to do in the past. Tedy Bruschi type players don't come around too often but I keep thinking that guy is going to be Mayo some day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

My friends, Im a 47 year old Patriots fan that grew up on Cape Cod, and have been living in North Carolina from 1981. When ever the subject of Peppers comes up I feel I have to Post.Peppers played pee wee, up to NFL football all here in North Carolina. For some unknown reason Patriots Fans seem enamored with Peppers. I knew that at the end of last year when the  roomers of him going to NE were out there that Bill would not get him. He is a good player. Not great, he plays when he feels like it.HE IS NOT WHO YOU THINK HE IS! Yesterdays game showed you that. Carolina was forced to extend Dellhome, as well as hand cuffed in free agency due to franchising him.Thus ruining there year. He will get about 8 mil a year as a free agent, and the team that gets him will regret the move. Don't worry it wont be bill, I Promise you. So you can drop the Peppers talk.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

It wont' matter WHO they bring in here UNTIL they change their Defensive Play Calling.  They brought AD in here and all they had him do is 'drop' back in coverage...IF they get PASS Rushers in here and the Pats PAY the $$ for them, LET them be PASS Rushers! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

he will be another AT, no thank you.  At least AT played OLB before.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]As I see it the Pats have 3 major needs.  OLB, DE, and Offensive linemen, how they fill the need, through free agency or the draft does not matter to me.  In the Draft you only get one chance to get a top tier player, if you want another you better look at the free agents.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

#3  Wide Receiver

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I mentioned this a post right after the NO loss.  Peppers hasnt been the same in years.  Pats would have paid way too much for this guy if they got him in a trade.  I rather not.

I like the idea of Dumervil or getting someone in the draft.

As far as the 1st rounder from OAK in the 2011 draft, I dont think its going to be as good as people think it will be.  NE should try to get rid of it and move up this year.