HOW PATS will lose to NO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

HOW PATS will lose to NO!

just read this on eei's website. makes a lot of "logical" sense:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/patriots/kerry-byrne/2009/11/24/dont-sleep-saints-defense 

but i am not buying it. NO plays in softie league and has played lots of patsies. both buffalo and miami give them a run for their money. pats are great in domes. belichick, brady,moss/welker will not be intimidated. they shredded the colts who had maximal familiarity with them back into the stone age as far as stat rankings go. they should do the same with the saits. those defensive stats are simply out of worldly and can only go down. pats are the perfect team to expose and exploit them. look for double moves from moss to exploit sharper's overaggressiveness, and for tough inside running from maroney. NO has no pass rush. i dont care how great your schemes are, if you give brady time he will shred you! we have never statistically ever faced a team like NO but likewise that tomato can defense has never faced a team/offense or coach like us either. i dont see brady completing less that 60 percent of his passes or sinking down to the NO DPRs. i just do not see it. brees may have his way with our defense, but if it comes down to a pure battle of offenses, i am taking the PATS! NO only really has one great playmaker and thats colston. i like my chances one on one with bodden. the rest can be neutralized. colston is no moss or even a welker. I do not mean to be a homer, but just from common objective sense, I just do not see how the Saints can march on my Pats... i just can't see it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Y PATS will lose to NO!

In Response to Y PATS will lose to NO!:
    [QUOTE]just read this on eei's website. makes a lot of "logical" sense: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/patriots/kerry-byrne/2009/11/24/dont-sleep-saints-defense   but i am not buying it. NO plays in softie league and has played lots of patsies. both buffalo and miami give them a run for their money. pats are great in domes. belichick, brady,moss/welker will not be intimidated. they shredded the colts who had maximal familiarity with them back into the stone age as far as stat rankings go. they should do the same with the saits. those defensive stats are simply out of worldly and can only go down. pats are the perfect team to expose and exploit them. look for double moves from moss to exploit sharper's overaggressiveness, and for tough inside running from maroney. NO has no pass rush. i dont care how great your schemes are, if you give brady time he will shred you! we have never statistically ever faced a team like NO but likewise that tomato can defense has never faced a team/offense or coach like us either. i dont see brady completing less that 60 percent of his passes or sinking down to the NO DPRs. i just do not see it. brees may have his way with our defense, but if it comes down to a pure battle of offenses, i am taking the PATS! NO only really has one great playmaker and thats colston. i like my chances one on one with bodden. the rest can be neutralized. colston is no moss or even a welker. I do not mean to be a homer, but just from common objective sense, I just do not see how the Saints can march on my Pats... i just can't see it!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you Bubba..This is classic AFC VS NFC and I will be Taking the Pats with 3.5 this week. I don't even Get into outsmarting myself with the Stats anymore.The Saints don't play tough enough defense to scare me the way that the Colts did before that game. My one fear is that we go to sleep in the 2nd half again in this game like we have been prone to do this year. If we pour it on for 4 quarters I'm sure I'll be happy with the result.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Patriots by 10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In Response to Re: Y PATS will lose to NO!:
    [QUOTE]Patriots by 10
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Pats by 20!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Pats by 30, who's next?

This will be a blowout, it will be the same as Indy the first 3 quarters but we'll keep up the agressiveness we should have against Indy and finish them off 38-7

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

If the Pats score more than the Saints,they'll win!!!! Take it to the bank!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y PATS will lose to NO! : Yeah just like that Colts "blowout" loss to the Ravens, right?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
     Yeah,like you have room to talk at 6-4.In third place behind lamea$$ Dallas and Philly.Keep flapping your yap and tell your boys to make thier tee times early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrockon. Show patsrockon's posts

Losing the turnover battle is the only way I see us losing.  38-30 Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Losing the turnover battle is the only way I see us losing.  38-30 Pats!
    Posted by patsrockon[/QUOTE]

Winning the turnover battle is the ONLY chance you have at winning.  The Saints have enough firepower to win regardless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y PATS will lose to NO! : Winning the turnover battle is the ONLY chance you have at winning.  The Saints have enough firepower to win regardless.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]If you see breees' stats lately, its been going down and down, less yards and ratings and so forth. they keep winning, but mostly because of their defense. there is no defense that can stop the pats right now esp one that can not rush the passer from a 4-man front as the giants did. sorry but thats y i like idea of vollmer around. he will come in if thats the case and blast someone. pats lold line should be bak in. we'll see. light at left, neal at RG and so on. brady should have lots of time. he's motivated, time to put to rest who the best QB and team is once and for all, going forward. also about road woes and winning against teams and so forth. u kill lots of birds with that stone. also, after bel rightfully bypassed them against the other high -flyg offensive team (indy), that unit should be pumped to go!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y PATS will lose to NO! : If you see breees' stats lately, its been going down and down, less yards and ratings and so forth. they keep winning, but mostly because of their defense. there is no defense that can stop the pats right now esp one that can not rush the passer from a 4-man front as the giants did. sorry but thats y i like idea of vollmer around. he will come in if thats the case and blast someone. pats lold line should be bak in. we'll see. light at left, neal at RG and so on. brady should have lots of time. he's motivated, time to put to rest who the best QB and team is once and for all, going forward. also about road woes and winning against teams and so forth. u kill lots of birds with that stone. also, after bel rightfully bypassed them against the other high -flyg offensive team (indy), that unit should be pumped to go!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Brees' numbers have been goiung down only because the running game hass been so dominant.  There is no need to put up 350 yards through the air when you are averaging over 150 yards per game on the ground, which by the way is the 5th best in the NFL.  Yet, he has still passed for 22 TD's, which is two more than the Pats have accomplished.  But note that the Saints running game has added 18 TD's as opposed to only 11 for the Pats run game.

Also, be prepared to see a lot of pressure on Brady.  With Sedrick Ellis returning to the middle he is going to require the usual double team.  That leaves opening for the duo of Will Smith and Charles Grant from the outside and any one of the other DT rotaion from the middle.  Not to mention the wide range of blitz packages available in the Gregg Williams defensive scheme.