How quickly they turn!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

How quickly they turn!!

Was there ever a doubt??

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/12/28/2009-12-28_smith_giants.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: How quickly they turn!!

And Patriots fans dont do the exact same thing? Cause the sports writers in Boston dont do the exact same thing? are you serious? fans everywhere turn on their teams at the drop of a hat and the Pats fans do it more then any and I am a life long Pats fan saying this. I dont turn on the Pats I keep the faith but to try and act like the Pats dont have some of the worst fans in the world would be crazy so get off your high horse. Do you see this forum after a loss? people will say stuff like trade Brady or fire Belichick. Crazy people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

"Was there ever a doubt??"

I believe the whole country knew it was a fluke but it's a shame to see a New York writer wait and kick his own team when they're down. 

I guess it's all about getting hits on the Daily News website.  These hometown hatchet jobs seem to be a trend since digital media has replaced print media.  It happens here too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Hey MVP i'm a keep the faith guy also. I agree I have seen a few "fans" say some stupid things after some loses but most of the fire Bill talk is usually tongue and cheek stuff and real knowledgeable fans know better then to really mean that crazy talk. I would still put our fans up against theirs anyday.

Go Pats!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

"And Patriots fans dont do the exact same thing?" - MVPKilla2009

NO they don't. We don't throw our past championship teams under the bus, because our current team isn't up to snuff.

We may be critical of the current team, without a doubt, but I have NEVER heard a Pat's fan change his mind and decide one our SBs was a fluke, because of a bad loss 2 years later. That's retarded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Giant fans and the New York media were calling for Coughlin and Manning's heads during the 2007 season.  They are the definition of Fair Weather fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The question isn't whether New England fans turn on their teams, but whether local sportswriters turn on their teams.  They do!  We have some real Moss-haters for starters.  Then we have a few who go out of their way to question the Pats as a team.

Oh, and the Giants' Super Bowl win was a bit of a fluke.  They caught the Patriots on a week where they had woeful injuries to their offensive line, which is how NYG got all the pressure on Tom Brady.  Then there's always catching a pass with your helmet.  That's not a fluke, is it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

NO they don't. We don't throw our past championship teams under the bus, because our current team isn't up to snuff. 

True. But this thread is making me wonder how we'd react if Kraft and Belichick gave us the finger like the entire Colts organization did to their fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I'll tell you what pats fans have - short memories.  Tas (MVPKilla) is dead on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I can speak with a great deal of accuracy as to Pats fans turning on their team.  As of today, my "Anti-Leon" automated abuse reporter has detected 1115 distinct non trash-talking users posting on the site.  At the time of our last bad game, it was about 450.  After you eliminate the trash-talking troll posts (Leon, IndyColt50, JintsFan, etc.), you are left with about 5 +/- users who called on BB to be fired and Brady to be traded.  So in our darkest hour, we had barely more than 1% of the posting fan base here giving up on the team completely.  

Now if you want to add in the fans who weren't going so far as to call for BB and Brady's head, but jumped ship otherwise, perhaps you can multiply that number 4 times.  Now you have only 4% of the posting fan base going crazy.

So why does it seem so bad?  Because those few people can start as many threads as they want.  They stick out and create an exaggerated perception of panic.  All that said, I assume the same tendencies apply to other teams' boards (not that our trolls would ever visit their own team's board) and what we perceive as panic is often just a handful of posters stirring the pot.

All that said again, had BB not tried to win it all in 2007 nearly all of us would have been ticked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Criticizing the Pats and wishing they would make only smart perfect decisions doesn't mean that we've turned on them. The last 47 autumns for me have been defined by how the Pats are doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Of course the Gi Aint's of 2007 were, and forever will be, labeled as flukes. They remind me of a certain former heavyweight champion who lucked out (thanks to a refs count of 13) and became champion, then gets knocked out cold in the first round, in his first title defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

The problem with alot of the Pats fan is, they have been shown perfection and now they demand it every game. I've said before and I'll say it again "spoiled".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im not looking for the performance of 2007 every year even if it was sweet,but if you pretty much have the same weapons on the team,you want them to play as good as they are,or should be,but anything less of a superbowl is a waste of a season.every year all NFL teams goals are to get to the superbowl,so why shouldnt the fans feel the same way?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

The rats are out in NY and Indy. Don't be the last one to jump off the ship...