Hoyer Cut

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Hoyer Cut

I'm good with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No problems with any of these cuts so far, because cutting Hoyer opens up a spot for another player that we may of had to release. I can't stand it when teams hold onto three back up quarterbacks when none of them can really play. I'm a bit surprised they cut Koppen with the lack of quality depth on the line, but at the same time he did prove he's got nothing left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm okay w/ hoyer getting cut. Give him a chance elsewhere.  If Brady goes down, they'll just have to simplify the passing game for mallett and use the RB more often, mix up plays in a different fashion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

its about time they cut iheiblow. a year too late.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Instead of starting my own self aggrandizing thread, I'll accept all the praise and adulation here instead for stating this a month before pre-season began, along with stating that Mallett would be the QB of the future the day he was drafted.

I won't be referring to myself in third person though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Hoyer Cut:

Instead of starting my own self aggrandizing thread, I'll accept all the praise and adulation here instead for stating this a month before pre-season began, along with stating that Mallett would be the QB of the future the day he was drafted.

Good call man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good call man

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oops thumb twitch 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Maybe this is a sign that Waters is coming back, I would think that they would have kept Koppen if he wasn't..    Cutting Hoyer too, there are going to be some of these bubble guys who make the team.  I wouldn't be surprised if they hold a spot for someone who gets let go by another team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

LOL... Good call man!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

The Jets defensive line looks ferocious and the deepest in the NFL, odds are the patsies will be looking to pick something up off their scrap heap.  You think Mallet is going to be ready for prime time when the Jets Bledsoe Brady?  I don't.  Imagine, it was just a few months ago when you clowns were banking on getting a first round pick for the great Hoyer.   
    [/QUOTE]

We may have thought we would get something pretty good for him. But i'll take my chances on Mallett any day of the week.  If letting Hoyer walk allows us to keep the likes of Ebner, i'll take Ebner without hesitation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

The Jets defensive line looks ferocious and the deepest in the NFL, odds are the patsies will be looking to pick something up off their scrap heap.  You think Mallet is going to be ready for prime time when the Jets Bledsoe Brady?  I don't.  Imagine, it was just a few months ago when you clowns were banking on getting a first round pick for the great Hoyer.   

Good for the Jets...........how are those QB's working out for you? The call for TEBOW start yet?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

mangioone, give it a rest... the jets are going to be horrible. even you have to know that.  they don't have any talent outside of revis and mangold. the patriots defense is going to be the ferocious one, they are loaded. 

you really don't get under anyones skin that much here any longer. the reason why is that everyone knows how good the patriots are and how awful the jets are going to be this year. i bet that they get shut out 4 times this year and at least once by this tough patriot defense. 

you are trolling here, thats cool we all know it but deep down inside you know how bad the jets are.  I probably wont respond back to you anymore, its just a waste of time.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hey....didn't someone here say months agao that Mallett was your number 2?

I'll think of his name in a minute..............

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am shocked that Hoyer was cut. I attributed his poor pre-season performance to poor offensive line play but I also understand that Mallet is progressing and we need the roster spot. Best to him!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

When can we get the ignore button back please?

ASAP is too late..