Hurrah for Dan Snyder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Hurrah for Dan Snyder

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bunch of ignorant folks who cant put themselves in other people's shoes here. It's offensive, why do you want to offend someone? It's easy for you, as a middle class Caucasian, to ask someone to suck it up and not get offended by a term because non-ethnic whites in America (non Poles or Italians) don't really have a term that is really offensive. Even if you want to count the C word or the H word as racial terms, they're not. The C word means a person who cracks a whip to beat the slaves and the H word is just an abbreviated term for Hungarian.

Redskin is offensive to people, dont bother fighting over whether it is or not. Just show some respect.

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you protest any rap music that uses racist slang towards white people too right?

BTW Irish have micks which is offensive, cracker is offensive (I have nor has anyone in my family in our entire history has owned a slave so being called a whipper is VERY offensive esp since I'm Irish who were slaves themselves to the English for 600 years! were brutally killed sometimes with the use of whips by the English), white bread is offensive, every culture has some term that's offensive and that you don't seem to care about one races offensive terms because you deem they have no right to complain is offensive.

[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to too much rap, but what rap song calls people "cracker"? I find it hard to believe because rap music is a part of mainstream American culture and white kids listen to it just as much as anyone else and I seriously doubt record labels would risk alienation of, arguably, their largest financial supporters(caucasians) by having the word on a song. 

Secondly, spare the plight of the Irishman, I'm from England(repping Tottenham/Enfield), though I'm more Scottish, and I know what the Irish had to deal with. "Mick" is an offensive term, but it's hardly equivalent to the N word or the K word for Jews or the S word for Latin Americans. "Mick" comes from the fact that a lot of Irish people were named Michael when they arrived. Michael = Mike = Mikey = Mickey = "Mick"...so offensive, right? Plus, the term lost effectiveness the moment the Irish became Mainstream white Americans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They put up the barriers to tell you it's closed since people might vandalize the monuments since all but one of the security staff is gone. And what's shanked since Obama became president? The Tea party?

[/QUOTE]

Ha. Okay, if that is what msnbc or CNN are telling you, then I guess it is fact. 

look, I am not a tea party supporter,repub or demo. But you are seriously asking what's shanked? The list is numerous, but lets start with 17trillion in debt and another call to raise the debt ceiling...maybe we could start another thread on this and discuss. I don't want to bore others here.

[/QUOTE]

I know you watch Fox news listener since you're spewing Republican talking points. Raising the debt ceiling means the Government ran out of money to spend for the year and now they have to burrow money to spend. We don't burrow that money and we can't pay our interest or monthly debt payment, we don't pay that and we lose our credibility financially. We lose that and our dollar loses value, our dollar losing value raises the debt and makes paying it much harder. 

[/QUOTE]

We should not "burrow" so much money. We need to slow down spending with regard to entitlements.

17 TRILLION is not a talking point it is a fact

fyi: 17,000,000,000,000 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They put up the barriers to tell you it's closed since people might vandalize the monuments since all but one of the security staff is gone. And what's shanked since Obama became president? The Tea party?

[/QUOTE]

Ha. Okay, if that is what msnbc or CNN are telling you, then I guess it is fact. 

look, I am not a tea party supporter,repub or demo. But you are seriously asking what's shanked? The list is numerous, but lets start with 17trillion in debt and another call to raise the debt ceiling...maybe we could start another thread on this and discuss. I don't want to bore others here.

[/QUOTE]

I know you watch Fox news listener since you're spewing Republican talking points. Raising the debt ceiling means the Government ran out of money to spend for the year and now they have to burrow money to spend. We don't burrow that money and we can't pay our interest or monthly debt payment, we don't pay that and we lose our credibility financially. We lose that and our dollar loses value, our dollar losing value raises the debt and makes paying it much harder. 

[/QUOTE]

We should not "burrow" so much money. We need to slow down spending with regard to entitlements.

[/QUOTE]

What entitlement ? SS? Medicaid and Medicare? Those are the three largest "entitlement" programs in our budget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As far as the holidays go. Comparing apples and oranges.  There is a distinction between a term meant to degrade and dehumaize and a debate on  holiday naming of trees.

[/QUOTE]

This is where I really disagree. The Redskins Organization is not trying to "degrade or dehumanize" anyone with the name. It's just a sports team. I see this as nothing short of people being way too sensitive. But then again, you have to hit me in the face with a 2x4 to offend me.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I still think they should just change the logo to a peanut.  Maybe get the rights from Planters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I find the use of Redksins much more offensive than "fighting Irish".  But good point - obviously an ethnic sterotype. I prefer the Celtics leprechaun-- which is a great example of how a sport tean CAN use a mascot approapriately.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so the the leprechaun and the fighting Irish (which was designed to look like a drunk leprechaun btw) is a realistic depictation of the irish people? It doesn't matter if you feel it's much more offensive or not the point is what you described as the reason the redskins are offensive (cartoon, stereotype) is in use in the Celtics and fighting irish but you deemed it less offensive. So why is one less offensive than the other? Is it because you don't relate to irish people? Point being you don't see one as offensive in the least yet you are claiming the other is and the reasons why you list it as offensive can be applied to the same team you deem not offensive.

[/QUOTE]

Both are offensive- but in different categories of offensive. Redskins is a racist slur in my opion. Goes far beyond a cartoon stereotype, but does dehumanize a race of people. I'm sure you know the history of how this country was colonized- and how Native Americans were hunted, murdered, and scalped.

Fighting Irish is a negative ethnic sterotype. I don't see a Celtic Leprechaun as a negative sterotype at all. Leprechauns are mythical creatures thought to bring luck. Sheesh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What entitlement ? SS? Medicaid and Medicare? Those are the three largest "entitlement" programs in our budget.

[/QUOTE]

All of the above!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As far as the holidays go. Comparing apples and oranges.  There is a distinction between a term meant to degrade and dehumaize and a debate on  holiday naming of

[/QUOTE]

This is where I really disagree. The Redskins Organization is not trying to "degrade or dehumanize" anyone with the name. It's just a sports team. I see this as nothing short of people being way too sensitive. But then again, you have to hit me in the face with a 2x4 to offend me.....

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As far as the holidays go. Comparing apples and oranges.  There is a distinction between a term meant to degrade and dehumaize and a debate on  holiday naming of trees.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The "redskins" orgainzation NFL franchise team uses the image of a race of people as their logo. And uses a word associated with brutality, racism, and prejudice to promote their brand.  There are times when it makes sense to be sensitive to how words and images are harmful. I'm guessing you're not a Native American.  I'm sure you're familer with the history of degradation of this popualtion.  Cruel isn't even an adequate word to describe the trouble they've seen with European colonization.

I don't think it would be a big deal at all to rename and rebrand the Washington Redskins. It is the right thing to do. The Washington Bullets change to the Washington Wizards was a boon to the organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bunch of ignorant folks who cant put themselves in other people's shoes here. It's offensive, why do you want to offend someone? It's easy for you, as a middle class Caucasian, to ask someone to suck it up and not get offended by a term because non-ethnic whites in America (non Poles or Italians) don't really have a term that is really offensive. Even if you want to count the C word or the H word as racial terms, they're not. The C word means a person who cracks a whip to beat the slaves and the H word is just an abbreviated term for Hungarian.

Redskin is offensive to people, dont bother fighting over whether it is or not. Just show some respect.

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you protest any rap music that uses racist slang towards white people too right?

BTW Irish have micks which is offensive, cracker is offensive (I have nor has anyone in my family in our entire history has owned a slave so being called a whipper is VERY offensive esp since I'm Irish who were slaves themselves to the English for 600 years! were brutally killed sometimes with the use of whips by the English), white bread is offensive, every culture has some term that's offensive and that you don't seem to care about one races offensive terms because you deem they have no right to complain is offensive.

[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to too much rap, but what rap song calls people "cracker"? I find it hard to believe because rap music is a part of mainstream American culture and white kids listen to it just as much as anyone else and I seriously doubt record labels would risk alienation of, arguably, their largest financial supporters(caucasians) by having the word on a song. 

Secondly, spare the plight of the Irishman, I'm from England(repping Tottenham/Enfield), though I'm more Scottish, and I know what the Irish had to deal with. "Mick" is an offensive term, but it's hardly equivalent to the N word or the K word for Jews or the S word for Latin Americans. "Mick" comes from the fact that a lot of Irish people were named Michael when they arrived. Michael = Mike = Mikey = Mickey = "Mick"...so offensive, right? Plus, the term lost effectiveness the moment the Irish became Mainstream white Americans.

[/QUOTE]

Oh please 49' take your bigotry against the Irish somewhere else because clearly being from England you look down on the Irish and don't know what my people went through. It's clear to you that it's not that big of a deal and yet it is. So, clearly you are downplaying the blight of the Irish because you feel we are inferior when it comes to blights. You are doing exactly what you get on others for. 

As for rappers a quick google search pulled up this list of rappers who have used cracker in one of their songs:

--50 Cent 
    --Dead Prez 
    --Mos Def 
    --Big Punisher 
    --OutKast 
    --Trick Daddy 
    --Public Enemy 
    --Fabolous 

Now I know they aren't mainstream or anything and most you likely never heard of but there's the list you wanted. But you are right why would record lebals ever have that word. They are so dignified when they let songs about drug use, rape, murder, gangs, the 'N' word, ho's, hookers, gun violence, riots, women beating, cop murder, among other things slide right through. But the 'C' word that's where they draw the line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

The "redskins" orgainzation NFL franchise team uses the image of a race of people as their logo. And uses a word associated with brutality, racism, and prejudice to promote their brand.  There are times when it makes sense to be sensitive to how words and images are harmful. I'm guessing you're not a Native American.  I'm sure you're familer with the history of degradation of this popualtion.  Cruel isn't even an adequate word to describe the trouble they've seen with European colonization.

I don't think it would be a big deal at all to rename and rebrand the Washington Redskins. It is the right thing to do. The Washington Bullets change to the Washington Wizards was a boon to the organization.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, and I get that there were some very brutal happenings way back in the day. But I have never heard anyone be offended over a team name until this. To me, it was always just another name for "Indian" and really meant no more than that. Do you think that a professional sports organization would (purposely) name their team knowing it's some highly offensive word? IMO, people are just over thinking this, and entirely too sensitive. Again, I am hugely against racism.....I just don't see this as racist at all.

I am all for compassion for your fellow man...(except for Rusty & Babe) LOL.....But this just seems way overboard for the sensitivity factor. Live and let live, and forget about the small stuff. To me, and probably 99% ofthe population, this is a non-issue when it comes to a sports team name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, and I get that there were some very brutal happenings way back in the day. But I have never heard anyone be offended over a team name until this. To me, it was always just another name for "Indian" and really meant no more than that. Do you think that a professional sports organization would (purposely) name their team knowing it's some highly offensive word? IMO, people are just over thinking this, and entirely too sensitive. Again, I am hugely against racism.....I just don't see this as racist at all.

I am all for compassion for your fellow man...(except for Rusty & Babe) LOL.....But this just seems way overboard for the sensitivity factor. Live and let live, and forget about the small stuff. To me, and probably 99% ofthe population, this is a non-issue when it comes to a sports team name.

[/QUOTE]

Thoughtful response.  No, I don't think an NFL team purposefully named the team "Redskins" to be offensive. In fact back in the day 30's I think- it was the Boston Redskins- supposedly in honor of a Native American.  I respectfully disagree that Redskins was always another name for "Indian"- it  has been and is still used as a racial slur.  Interesting that you cite yourself and 99% of the population seeing the name of "Redskins" as a nonissue. Native Americans are 1% of the popullation. 

As you know many Native Americans live on reservations throughout the US ans are virtually invisible to most Americans  I beleive we need to honor the fact that it is offensive to be refereed to as a "redskin."  So many examples in or short world history of how language has been used to demean people for differences. I don't think using "Indians" in any manner as mascots or names  has any place in any sport. A race of people is not a sport. American Indians are a very diverse group of many tribes struggling to maintain their rich cultural heritagein the face of a history of abuse. Time to end the cycle. Thanks for the debate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is not about politcal correctness. It's about racism.  I repeat a football team does not have to use a race of people as it's name/mascot. Redskins has a long history of association with not only mocking a race of people but genocide. This association should be repudiated by all Americans.
     Native Americans ARE offended by this association. It's not rcoket science- again it's the decent human thing to do - get rid of the racist associations in sports.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry...I disagree. This has everything to do with over sensitive people crying over nothing. Nobody is using the term "redskin" towards anyone else. It's not being used in any kind of offensive context. It's a sports team. Are we going to change the name of all the teams with birds as their team name because some bird hugger is offended over it? Spare me.

They are not poking fun at this race, they are not saying anything offensive, they are not attacking or promoting any type of racism. It's simply a team name. This is no different that the a$$holes that want people to call Christmas trees "Holiday" trees so they don't offend someone. Give me a break.....it a freaking Christmas tree. Just like it's a freaking sports team name......my God, these folks need to find something better to do with their time other than cry over something so absolutely meaningless. What a waste.

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your rational discussion and defense of your opnion. I guess we can agree to disagree.  Using the term "Redskins" for an NFL team is mocking a race of peeple. People who are Native Americans have gone on record to describe how "redskins" is  offensive and racist. "Redskins" makes a person less than human- American Indians were literally hunted down using this term and murdered enmass. Now the term is supose to be cute? Endearing?  I don't see it that way at all. We're talking about human beings. Birds and humans are not the same.

There are so many other options that don't degrade or offend.

[/QUOTE]

The point here is the Washington redskins organization didn't mean to degrade anyone. I have no idea how the name was chosen in the first place, but I highly doubt Snyder kept the name to purposely offend people. 

where is the line drawn? In ten years we will have a complete new language given the demographic of the US. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't watch that dribble either. These are not republican talking points and I am not a repub for the 2nd time.

wow, yes you are right. The government ran out of money to spend because they spend like drunk sailors visiting a port of call. So, now we are reduced to borrowing more money just to pay the interest. You don't see anything wrong with this? It's like paying off your credit card balance with another credit card. It's bad.if you can't see the stupidity in this, then yes, you deserve to saddle your next 10 generations with the debt. 

i dont have any beef with Obama other than he has done a 180 on every pre campaign promise he made. Basically, he has carried forward bush's failed policies and the failed policies of every administration since 1913. he was slick, a smooth TelePrompTer reader and black. He got votes because the repubs killed themswlves and his promises seemed genuine. 

do you know why 1913 is important? Woodrow Wilson sold the US soul to the devil. That devil is the Federal Reserve. A private corporation largely owned and run by Wall Street that prints US money, sets interest rates, controls inflation and charges the American taxpayer interest on its own money. Ditch the fed, ditch the debt. That simple and it doesn't matter what party is in office.

i am singling out Obama because he has increased the debt more than every us president in history combined. That is not a repub talking point junior, that is a fact. Where does all this money go? They still can't locate 9 trillion of it that went to the pentagon and their circle jerk contractors. 

So all this is happening and the best thing Obama can do is play petty games like the repubs while our economy swirls down the sh1tter. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The photo/poster of the caps is from the American Congress of the American Indians. It is in small print under the picture. Fact is it is offensive to a race of people to be dehumanized- made into cartoon characters for sports teams to rally around. Honestly we need to evolve in our thinking. There are many many options to name a sports team that doesn't involve racist references. This is not difficult. 

I don't agree with the equivalency of sing a BB public photo as an avatar- and having the Washington REDSKINS the name of an NFL team.  Redskins promotes stereotypes and exploits an indigenous culture that is invisible to most Americans other than these offensive caricatures.

[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity would you make the same protests for the fighting Irish of Norte Dame?

[/QUOTE]

I find the use of Redksins much more offensive than "fighting Irish".  But good point - obviously an ethnic sterotype. I prefer the Celtics leprechaun-- which is a great example of how a sport tean CAN use a mascot approapriately.

[/QUOTE]

The Irish leaders of Notre Dame picked that name.  As far as I can tell, the people who named the Redskins weren't native Americans.   Big, big difference.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is not about politcal correctness. It's about racism.  I repeat a football team does not have to use a race of people as it's name/mascot. Redskins has a long history of association with not only mocking a race of people but genocide. This association should be repudiated by all Americans.
     Native Americans ARE offended by this association. It's not rcoket science- again it's the decent human thing to do - get rid of the racist associations in sports.

[/QUOTE]

Again, do we change the state name of Oklahoma which translates from Choctaw into English with it meaning "Red People"?

Just wondering.

I haven't researched what all of our other Native American rooted state names mean but I would imagine a state name might be more offensive than a sports team.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. And no, we don't change names. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think we can all be proud that the name of the football team in our nation's capital is widely perceived to be a racial slur against a group of people our nation slaughtered and swindled as we robbed them of their land.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dan Synder demonstrates ignorance and bigotry. There is no excuse for naming a team based on an ethnicity, race, or skin color. It's beyond demeaning.  Caps below show how offensive this practice is.

[/QUOTE]

Dummy, he didn't name the team. The Boston Redskins moved to DC in 1937.  Ironically, some feel Boston is/was a racist city with it's insecure and senstive Irish immigrant population in the mid/late 1800s.

Stop showing your ignorance on the topic.

[/QUOTE]

Ya know your style of communication is lacking civility. Can you post a point of view without name calling?  Dan Synder is refusing to change the name. That was my point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All of the above!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

SS is an investment, the government has no right to touch. You pay in now, get a return later. As far as Medicaid and Medicare,  how heartless are you that you want to take away Healthcare from kids and elderly?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Just because someone is offended by something doesn't mean it should be changed-it can be a topic of coversation and debate but that doesn't mean it should change. For all of you saying it should be changed--does the name Redskins offend you? so someone is offended so what-to me the washington Redskins are a class organization that the indians that are objecting to the name should embrace . Maybe Snyder should put a "native american" on the Redskins payroll--that might help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh please 49' take your bigotry against the Irish somewhere else because clearly being from England you look down on the Irish and don't know what my people went through. It's clear to you that it's not that big of a deal and yet it is. So, clearly you are downplaying the blight of the Irish because you feel we are inferior when it comes to blights. You are doing exactly what you get on others for. 

As for rappers a quick google search pulled up this list of rappers who have used cracker in one of their songs:

--50 Cent 
    --Dead Prez 
    --Mos Def 
    --Big Punisher 
    --OutKast 
    --Trick Daddy 
    --Public Enemy 
    --Fabolous 

Now I know they aren't mainstream or anything and most you likely never heard of but there's the list you wanted. But you are right why would record lebals ever have that word. They are so dignified when they let songs about drug use, rape, murder, gangs, the 'N' word, ho's, hookers, gun violence, riots, women beating, cop murder, among other things slide right through. But the 'C' word that's where they draw the line.

[/QUOTE]

Buddy, I'm American, I left England when I was 4. I don't care about Britannia's theologian conflicts, I'm talking about the Irish in America. Your plight stopped being a plight in the 60s when Kennedy became prez and being a Catholic stopped being as much a taboo as it once was. 

Now, like I said, I don't listen to much rap. Of your list, I'm a fan of 2(Outkast and Public Enemy) and I've listened to two others (50 and Mos def). Outkast using it shocks me because they're so harmless and non-political, but Public Enemy and Mos Def using it HAD to have context. Mos Def isn't a Rapper, he's more a Political Poet. If he used it, it had a reason. Same thing with Public Enemy, they're also very Political. They're famous for a song called "Fight the power", a song about the "man" keeping the black man down. Since you know the origin of the C word, you should recognize it served a purpose and not to just insult whites. 

Finally, what kind of rap are you listening to? Rape? Woman beating and Cop murdering? Jesus, I think you're looking at the extreme side of rap music that most people don't listen to because I've never heard that. As far as the others, most of those themes are due to the crap neighborhood they came from. They're venting, not celebrating gang violence, rioting (for the most part)...at least the era of Hip-Hop I listen to (90s Rap). As far as the N word, we've covered this. To them, the "igga" version is different from the "igger" version. 

Let's talk about your double standard though, drug use and sexually objecting women aren't rap music aren't creations of rap music. The Beatles sang about drugs...or do you think (L)ucy in the (S)ky with (D)iamonds was about stars or "Pour some sugar on me" wasn't sexual. Put down Fox news and Conservative talk radio and experience diversity. You'll learn to understand different cultures. If you want to listen to good Hip-Hop music let me know, might change your mind. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, do we change the state name of Oklahoma which translates from Choctaw into English with it meaning "Red People"?

Just wondering.

I haven't researched what all of our other Native American rooted state names mean but I would imagine a state name might be more offensive than a sports team. 

[/QUOTE]

You keep banging this gong about Oklahoma. Choctaw for "red people" does not equate to redskin, like negro does not equal the n-word.  It's not rocket science.  

Lay off the historical analogies; much like not being insecure, they aren't your forte.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we can all be proud that the name of the football team in our nation's capital is widely perceived to be a racial slur against a group of people our nation slaughtered and swindled as we robbed them of their land.  

[/QUOTE]

What, the Roughriders were slaughtered and swindled? I had no idea.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

War monuments are federal owned parks, no federal government = no park. Protests are allowed and protected by the city/state, those governments are still functioning. 

[/QUOTE]

You are the one who is proving ignirant. To be kind though, I will just chaulk it up to you being nieve As to not offend you since I never walked in your shoes.

correct, war monuments are federally managed, not owned. We...you and I own the parks. and, these monuments don't usually have gates, or doors or entrances, meaning you can visit most if not all of them at any time. Yet, when the government shuts down, they expend more money and resources putting up barricades and guarding the places that previously had neither. Why? It's called theatrics. 

By the way...just so you know. The Democrats and Republicans are really just the same party. As yourself what really has changed since Obama has come into office. Nothing. 

[/QUOTE]

Tells you how deep rooted the Great Recession is.  We had a massive recession in 1937, on the heels of the Great Depression.  That recession was a carry over effect from the Depression.

You could call the collapse of 2007/2008 a depression if you wanted because it's lasted as long as a defined "depression".

You don't walk into office and flick a switch because you have a D or an R next to your name on a ballot. It took YEARS and YEARS for FDR to get the results he was looking for with his ideas, but it eventually trended in the right direction.

[/QUOTE]

I understand the lapse in time before things get right but I am talking about more than the economy. 

PI am no bush lover...at least not the presidential type anyway....but the same things bush got hammered for, Obama is continuing. Add to that the scandals, IRS, Benghazi, NSA, fast and furious, e supplying weapons to al-Qaeda in Syria, and yes we can has turned into yes I will continue bush's agenda. Look we all had high hope for him, me included, but really ask what has changed? He promised not to spy on citizens, he re authorized the patriot act. Said we would pull troops out of Iraq, added 30000 more to Afghanistan. I am not affiliated with any party because they are different wings of the same bird.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

--50 Cent 
    --Dead Prez 
    --Mos Def 
    --Big Punisher 
    --OutKast 
    --Trick Daddy 
    --Public Enemy 
    --Fabolous 

[/QUOTE]

Buddy, I'm American, I left England when I was 4. I don't care about Britannia's theologian conflicts, I'm talking about the Irish in America. Your plight stopped being a plight in the 60s when Kennedy became prez and being a Catholic stopped being as much a taboo as it once was. 

Now, like I said, I don't listen to much rap. Of your list, I'm a fan of 2(Outkast and Public Enemy) and I've listened to two others (50 and Mos def). Outkast using it shocks me because they're so harmless and non-political, but Public Enemy and Mos Def using it HAD to have context. Mos Def isn't a Rapper, he's more a Political Poet. If he used it, it had a reason. Same thing with Public Enemy, they're also very Political. They're famous for a song called "Fight the power", a song about the "man" keeping the black man down. Since you know the origin of the C word, you should recognize it served a purpose and not to just insult whites. 

Finally, what kind of rap are you listening to? Rape? Woman beating and Cop murdering? Jesus, I think you're looking at the extreme side of rap music that most people don't listen to because I've never heard that. As far as the others, most of those themes are due to the crap neighborhood they came from. They're venting, not celebrating gang violence, rioting (for the most part)...at least the era of Hip-Hop I listen to (90s Rap). As far as the N word, we've covered this. To them, the "igga" version is different from the "igger" version. 

Let's talk about your double standard though, drug use and sexually objecting women aren't rap music aren't creations of rap music. The Beatles sang about drugs...or do you think (L)ucy in the (S)ky with (D)iamonds was about stars or "Pour some sugar on me" wasn't sexual. Put down Fox news and Conservative talk radio and experience diversity. You'll learn to understand different cultures. If you want to listen to good Hip-Hop music let me know, might change your mind. 

[/QUOTE]

Weak. Or pick up the Washington post and listen to CNN and msnbc if you want to hear how the emperor does no wrong. Don't you get it, fox, CNN, msnbc are all cooked. They are playing us against one another like the politicians do to make it look like there is parity. There is only one agenda, and that agenda gets executed regardless of who is in office.