Hypocrisy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Hypocrisy

Hey,

The fans Felger and BB with that smirk looked like they were upset with Merriwhether.

I may be mistaken but Rodney was dubbed the dirtiest player in football for the same reason.

I think Chung and Merriwhether are diliberatly delivering violet blows to put the fear of god in the WR coming over the middle.

Did he have bad timing? Yes, the Heap hit was a bit much but when he hit Mason with the same conviction I was HAPPY with that hit.

If you liked Rodney you cannot hate MerriWether!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Hypocrisy

I'm cool with what he did. I'm sure BB is, too. He may look like he's unhappy with it for the sake of the cameras, but that doesn't mean he is unhappy with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm not happy with 15 yard penalties no matter who draws them. Other than that, I liked Rodney and Don't care for Merriweather.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

there's a difference between bone jarring hits and head to head spearing...Merriwether needs to learn that difference...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB wasn't too mad. He sent him back out there, I think BB was more mad that he wasn't subtle about it. =D 

Rodney said that he used to set aside 50,000 just for fines because he wanted to lay hits like that, who did Brandon learn from? It's ok, people, you don't have to like him, but he's not going anywhere. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Merriweather also has a habit of making bonehead mistakes at key moments, something Rodney never did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Hypocrisy:
    [QUOTE]I'm not happy with 15 yard penalties no matter who draws them. Other than that, I liked Rodney and Don't care for Merriweather.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]..any video of this? With Kyle saying he's fine with it while carping about an obvious interference play in the Jets/Denver game, I'm curious to see what he thinks is "fine" as long as it isn't his team on the other side of this play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

EWhite

Did you like Rodney when he played for the chargers?

Rodney was not smart about his hits then...

What is the common denominator

Also MerriWether is a much small SS to his credit he is doing it without the PEDs

I like the both

BUT, Rodney has the gift of gab and Merriwhether sounds like MIke Tyson

HA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It's reminiscent of the hit that the Guy from the Jets made on Welker. I thought that was cheap and I think Meriweather's hit was cheap.

Here's one angle:

http://digitalsportsdaily.com/nfl/teams/4149-video-brandon-meriweather-hit-on-todd-heap.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]EWhite Did you like Rodney when he played for the chargers? Rodney was not smart about his hits then... What is the common denominator AGE Also MerriWether is a much small SS to his credit he is doing it without the PEDs I like the both BUT, Rodney has the gift of gab and Merriwhether sounds like MIke Tyson HA
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

I didn't care much about Rodney one way or the other when he played for the chargers and I was happy when we picked him up because I knew he was a good player. If Rodney was Playing yesterday and made that hit I would be saying the same thing about him today. But when you set the cheap shots aside Rodney was a much better Player than Meriweather is.Bottom line is I don't like guys costing my team because of dumb plays and that play was kind of dumb and it was a cheapshot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]It's reminiscent of the hit that the Guy from the Jets made on Welker. I thought that was cheap and I think Merriweather's hit was cheap. Here's one angle: http://digitalsportsdaily.com/nfl/teams/4149-video-brandon-meriweather-hit-on-todd-heap.html
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought of when I read the OP, e.  I'm sure they, like us, didn't enjoy the cheap shot to Welkers head.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hypocrisy : That's exactly what I thought of when I read the OP, e.  I'm sure they, like us, didn't enjoy the cheap shot to Welkers head.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Roger that- That's the type of hit that can cause permanent damage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

First - Harrison was much more of a man than Merriweather ever will be.  Harrison was also a sure tackler - not just a head hunter.  Merriweather will never be that. 

Harrison was dirty, but he also delivered big hits with his shoulder.  It didn't have to be helmet to helmet.  The thing I hated about Harrison (and I think this is a belichick thing) was he would always hit a player after that player had been tackled and was down.  He always came in late.  Dirty. 

Merriweather is just a head hunting punk, and it is going to hurt him someday.  The way he launches, as he did yesterday, puts him at harm just as it does the receiver. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I love hard bone jarring hits. It's a great part of the game and Chung seems to be a master of punishing people coming across the middle.

Meriweather's hit, however, was uncalled for and cheap. He lead with his helmet and speared him. If he came in with his shoulder and flipped him that's one thing but to leap helmet first into someone else's head will cause injuries and is uncalled for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm sick of the Harrison comparisons. He was NEVER accused of being a head hunter! He was accused of being dirty, but understand what others called him dirty for before looking so ignorant. Though the rules were different, he was seldom flagged on the field. Other players took issue because he would be the 3rd...or 4th, 5th, 10th, or 11th player into the pile...and he'd come in at full speed. He played 100% TO THE WHISTLE, regardless of if it was needed or not. His hits were ALWAYS legit, not head down, p u s s y spearing. Forearms and shoulders all day from Harrison.

People called Harrison dirty because he was supremely intense, and played a little beyond the whistle. Merriweather is an idiot who doesn't know how to tackle the right way. ENOUGH WITH TRYING TO SOIL HARRISON'S NAME! He is one of the best safeties in league history, not some punk who celebrates after making a nice hit...on a 20 YARD COMPLETION!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And as far as Chung...don't go lumping them together either. Did you see the play that Chung broke up on the goalline! Could have speared him, got a penalty, and wondered why...just like Merriweather. But he kept his head up, ran into him chest to chest, and knocked the ball free with his hand while getting knocked backwards. Merriweather would have put the WR in the hospital, his a s s, on the bench, and the Ravens at the 1, first and goal. They are not even CLOSE to the same kind of player.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I don't think it was cheap , Heap was was in the air and falling down when Meriweather hit him, and he ended up hitting him in the head. It's easy to look at the video and come to that conclusion. Isn't it his job to stop the play. and really nothing like hit on Welker.

Talk about hypocrisy--Rodney said last night that he thinks players should be SUSPENDED FOR ONE OR TWO GAMES after a hit like that.  Hey Rodney take yout skirt off, man up and stop sucking up to Dungy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]Merriweather also has a habit of making bonehead mistakes at key moments, something Rodney never did.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOT

you aren't serious are you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

At the speed the game is played, these guys don't have the luxury of dissecting every aspect of the situation before they decide exactly how they should go about seperating the receiver from the ball (if, in fact, he ever gets it). Merriweather is often in the wrong position and is not a sure tackler. Fine. Bust his balls for that. But looking at a slow-motion replay and determining that he is clueless or a "dirty" player because he launched high on this play or came in a little late on that play is nothing more than 20/20 hindsight. I want to see Merriweather blasting people and I want receivers aware of who's waiting for them at the end of their crossing route. Sure, I'd like to see better fundamentals out of this guy, but if I can't have that, I'll take allligator arms.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I have seen plenty of plays where a player was flagged for helmet to helmet that occurred only because the offensive player made a sudden change in the location/direction of his head or body, etc.  These, imo, don't qualify as fouls.  These are the "speed of the game" hits that are going to happen at times and simply are a part of the game. 

Merriweather's, imo, was not that.  I don't assume that he could have stopped himself from hitting Heap (although he was late on the play), but I believe he premeditated his head hunting mission and delivered as bad a hit as any of the big hits that took place yesterday. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it was cheap , Heap was was in the air and falling down when Meriweather hit him, and he ended up hitting him in the head. It's easy to look at the video and come to that conclusion. Isn't it his job to stop the play. and really nothing like hit on Welker. Talk about hypocrisy--Rodney said last night that he thinks players should be SUSPENDED FOR ONE OR TWO GAMES after a hit like that.  Hey Rodney take yout skirt off, man up and stop sucking up to Dungy
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]
    Coming off your feet and launching yourself into a defenseless player is prohibited and deserves a fine which he will get. Some people seem to forget D. Stingley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hypocrisy : I didn't care much about Rodney one way or the other when he played for the chargers and I was happy when we picked him up because I knew he was a good player. If Rodney was Playing yesterday and made that hit I would be saying the same thing about him today. But when you set the cheap shots aside Rodney was a much better Player than Meriweather is.Bottom line is I don't like guys costing my team because of dumb plays and that play was kind of dumb and it was a cheapshot.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Agreed

But what makes you judge MerriWhether like that

Is it his stature? Kind of diminutive compared to Harrison
    Voice? Kids voice is like nails on a chaulk board
    Leadership? You heard him in the pre season...
    The kick that got him suspened @ Miami? Clearly a character issue
    The Gun incident? could be sean as a thug

EW,

something tells me it is not his play????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hypocrisy : That's exactly what I thought of when I read the OP, e.  I'm sure they, like us, didn't enjoy the cheap shot to Welkers head.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

FIRST OF ALL THAT WAS A CLOSE LINE

Totally different he tried to decapitate the man with his forearm