Hypothetical question that needs answering...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Hypothetical question that needs answering...

First the background of my thought... The Patriots arguably are even with Colts in AFC power ranking in my book (explained in detail on another post AFL Ranking)
    If New England beats Saints  how does that change the power rankings as most have it:
    1. Saints
    2. Indy
    3. Vikings
    4. Patriots
    My thought is Patriots eat up NFC teams throughout their history as well as so far this season, so would that make the NFL power ranking shift to...
    1. Indy (by virtue of still being undefeated and H2H with Patriots)
    2. Patriots
    3. Saints
    4. Vikings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Hypothetical question that needs answering...

They would be behind Indy and Minnesota. 

Although you believe that NE is about even with the Colts, they  still lost to them so that would put them above them plus the better record.

I didnt want to believe it, but the Vikings are quitely playing some really good football.  They should have no problem wrapping up thier division.  NFC North is pretty weak.

I believe that Pats can beat the Saints if they play 60 minutes.  They cant keep regressing in the second half like they have been.  The Saints start slow and finish strong. 

Its going to be a battle of halves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Re: Hypothetical question that needs answering...:
    [QUOTE]Let the pats and Saints play first-How about this hypothetical-The Saints just completely blow out the pats....then what?? Stop asking such stupid questions and let the season run it's course. Hypothetically speaking-If the Queen had nuts she'd be King!
    Posted by Leonesque[/QUOTE]

If your team actaully won anything then you'd have the right to mouth off.  Hypothetically that is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Poor little Peon Mess his team is eliminated from the playoffs in week 11. He has nothing better to do then be a fly on the wall in this forum as we discuss the Pats as they march to the division title and playoffs.

see you next year peon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Hypothetical question that needs answering...:
    [QUOTE]First the background of my thought... The Patriots arguably are even with Colts in AFC power ranking in my book (explained in detail on another post AFL Ranking) If New England beats Saints  how does that change the power rankings as most have it: 1. Saints 2. Indy 3. Vikings 4. Patriots My thought is Patriots eat up NFC teams throughout their history as well as so far this season, so would that make the NFL power ranking shift to... 1. Indy (by virtue of still being undefeated and H2H with Patriots) 2. Patriots 3. Saints 4. Vikings
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

"The Pats arguably are even with Colts in AFC power ranking in my book."  How??  The Colts are 10-0 and the Pats are 7-3.  Fact #1:  That's 10 wins to 7.  Fact #2:  That's ZERO losses to 3.  Fact #3:  Colts beat the Pats h2h. (Might not have been a pretty game by the Colts but the final score is what matters)  The Pats are a good team with a lot of weapons but you can't put them as even with the Colts. I'd say they are the 4th best team in the NFL right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hypothetical question that needs answering... : "The Pats arguably are even with Colts in AFC power ranking in my book."  How??  The Colts are 10-0 and the Pats are 7-3.  Fact #1:  That's 10 wins to 7.  Fact #2:  That's ZERO losses to 3.  Fact #3:  Colts beat the Pats h2h. (Might not have been a pretty game by the Colts but the final score is what matters)  The Pats are a good team with a lot of weapons but you can't put them as even with the Colts. I'd say they are the 4th best team in the NFL right now.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th it does not matter - the last 6 weeks foreshadows what happens in the playoffs. The Pats need to get Green back, and big VInce has to stay healthy, and over the next 6 weeks the secondary will improve a lot. Important questions are: Can Thomas step up? Can Burgess step up? Can Maroney keep running hard? Can a 3rd wdieout emerge? There are still a lot of questions for NE and a lot of time to answer the questions. We will see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Who cares!!!  This isn't the NCAA.  Rankings mean nothing.  As Parcells used to say, "you are what your record says you are."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hypothetical question that needs answering... : "The Pats arguably are even with Colts in AFC power ranking in my book."  How??  The Colts are 10-0 and the Pats are 7-3.  Fact #1:  That's 10 wins to 7.  Fact #2:  That's ZERO losses to 3.  Fact #3:  Colts beat the Pats h2h. (Might not have been a pretty game by the Colts but the final score is what matters)  The Pats are a good team with a lot of weapons but you can't put them as even with the Colts. I'd say they are the 4th best team in the NFL right now.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

First you probably won't believe this but there is no disrespect meant to Colts and I even say they get the nod due to H2H win over Pats but the fact is also that their schedule is much easier then the Patriots thus far, my vote was second behind Colts I put Vikings behind us because though they are playing good ball I don't trust any NFC team going against a good AFC team it is a mismatch before you even break down the game usually.
    That can be backed up many ways first through strength of opponents played based on offensive and defensive rankings of opponents, based on home field advantage against the tougher opponents (Jags, Texans, Patriots) on the road against teams like (Dolphins, Titans, Cards who were not that good when you played them and the Rams.)