I am so Stoked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I am so Stoked

The rest of the NFL must be crapping their pants.  We were simply a dropped pass away from Super Bowl victory #4 last year and that's without a healthy GRONK.

Our running game is going too be young and explosive.  Our WR core is going too be more dynamic then it's ever been.  We have the two best TE's in the game.  Oh and a guy named Brady at QB.

Our Defense will be greatly improved with the influx of real talent via the draft and quality Free Agent signings.  Plus we can still add some camp/salary cut talent.

Last year was a bridge year and look what happened.  I honestly don't see this team losing a game.  I see them scoring at will.  They will eclipse every record they set in 2007 on their way to their 4th Super bowl title.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: I am so Stoked

In Response to I am so Stoked:
    [QUOTE]The rest of the NFL must be crapping their pants.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we just reloaded. There's no more rebuilding of the defense...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

A lot of new talent on D.  Hopefully they can jell as the season progresses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I can't wait either.  We've got tons of competition, especially at WR, DL, and LB, and really loaded up on the young guys this year.  Heck, we even brought in a few talented UDFA's like Marcus Forston, Brandon Bolden, and Marcus Zusekus. Should be a GREAT season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I don't recall when we had so much talent to choose from on WR. I love the way this team is looking, it just keeps getting better and better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Another UDFA to keep an eye on is Jerrel Warren,a 325 pound guard who needs some time and Scar's great coaching,but the basic physical tools are there.The problem might be that there may not be enough room on the practice squad.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

N doubt. Everybody needs to cruise through the depth charts and roster breakdowns. BB has created good competition at every position.(even kicker I think) Our LB core looks like it could be potentially top 5 this year and as long as VW stays healthy our D-line looks deep and BIG!

Offense looks unstoppable, and I think McD has the smarts and experience to turn in a record breaking year as T-Cal says. Can't wait for football!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Still think we could have used some front 3 help.  Still have to see what Waters decides.  And of course everything has to come together as the season progresses

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I am so Stoked : oh no doubt about it, the rest of the league is in panic mode...i certainly know the giants are, unbelievably so...as a matter of fact the other 31 teams are petitioning the commissioner to cancel next season they are so frightened of the pats...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Your Giants won't even make it to the Playoffs.  Like every year, by week 5, all the fair-weather New Jersey fans will be calling WFAN crying for Coughlin to be fired and Goober to be benched. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tcal, this team is looking sick right now. I can't wait for the season start. The days of handing sperbowls to the Giants are over! I say they go undefeated baby-19-0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I am so Stoked : oh no doubt about it, the rest of the league is in panic mode...i certainly know the giants are, unbelievably so...as a matter of fact the other 31 teams are petitioning the commissioner to cancel next season they are so frightened of the pats...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE] At least you have a fall back, your other identity on the Giants forum as a Pat's fan. It's nice you can work both sides at once.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

I think the fans here are getting way ahead of themselves. Yes right now it looks like the Patriots have improved all aspects of the game with the exception of the running game. They still need a seasoned running back who they can depend on.

As BB always says you really don't know what you have for a team until around the 6th game of the season. Lots can and will happen until then...

As for the Giants, they are still a good team and when they put their minds to it they can beat anybody as they have proven. As Patriot fans we can only hope the PATS have made enough improvements to also beat anyone including the New York Football Giants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]I think the fans here are getting way ahead of themselves. Yes right now it looks like the Patriots have improved all aspects of the game with the exception of the running game. They still need a seasoned running back who they can depend on. As BB always says you really don't know what you have for a team until around the 6th game of the season. Lots can and will happen until then... As for the Giants, they are still a good team and when they put their minds to it they can beat anybody as they have proven. As Patriot fans we can only hope the PATS have made enough improvements to also beat anyone including the New York Football Giants.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude, how can you not be stoked. Like TCal said, they were a dropped pass from winning the super bowl and have reloaded, the team on paper is much, much, better than last season. True, all that matters is what happens when they get on the field because things can change but at this point you have to be optimistic. I am not worried about the Giants, they are a good team but we are better, everything feel in place and they peaked at the right time last year. They won fair and square but I'm not losing any sleep over them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

We'll be favourites in the AFC for sure, but it's not as though everyone is standing still? Everyone is looking to plug gaps/improve etc. I'll be amazed if we go through the season unbeaten, but I'll also be amazed if yet another AFC East title is not won at the very least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Seriously dude, how can you not be stoked. Like TCal said, they were a dropped pass from winning the super bowl and have reloaded, the team on paper is much, much, better than last season. True, all that matters is what happens when they get on the field because things can change but at this point you have to be optimistic. I am not worried about the Giants, they are a good team but we are better, everything feel in place and they peaked at the right time last year. They won fair and square but I'm not losing any sleep over them.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I love this team. It's just I got real excited for the 86 Sox, the 85 Patriot's, and the 07 Patriot's teams and each time it was a huge disappointment at the end. I try hard to learn from my mistakes and I refuse to be irrationally exuberent for any team again. I found that by me not getting too stoked and don't expect anything from them then I don't get disappointed. It worked well for me this past year. 

Having said that, I like what this front office has done this off season which has me cautiously optimistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Nice to see, you  finally see the light.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Eli and your boys will do exactly what they did the last time they lucked out against us in a Super Bowl................NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Iggles will kick your aZZZZZZZZZes all over the NFC East. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No doubt tcal 07 offense all over again plus two te's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

We will see but there is definitely lots of reason for optimism this year. The most since 2007.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I can't wait either.  We've got tons of competition, especially at WR, DL, and LB, and really loaded up on the young guys this year.  Heck, we even brought in a few talented UDFA's like Marcus Forston, Brandon Bolden, and Marcus Zusekus. Should be a GREAT season.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

we even brought in a few talented UDFA's like Marcus Forston, Brandon Bolden, and Marcus Zusekus.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Still think we could have used some front 3 help.  Still have to see what Waters decides.  And of course everything has to come together as the season progresses
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

waters is comong back bedard has reported

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Great new players, great home schedule . . . and this week I was able to upgrade my season tickets!  

Yep, I'm stoked . . .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

my one concern is the offensive line

Mankins is a question mark and Light retired

Continuity was a huge advantage.  When defenses do weird stunts and shifts, knowing what the guys next to you will do in each situation makes the whole line better, faster, more effective.

I like Gallery, don't get me wrong, but if Mankins doesn't start the season and Waters retires, I'm worried.

I'm hoping for Solder-Mankins-Koppen/Connolly-Waters-Vollmer.  It would mean the least amount of change.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Great new players, great home schedule . . . and this week I was able to upgrade my season tickets!   Yep, I'm stoked . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

cool. congrats!