I could almost become a Patriots fan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!

Caraway, thanks for your response, after my leon thread I didn't think you'd want to talk to me again.

So you would like to this economy ride out with no stimulus. I can agree to a point, can they  do a pay as you go stimulus? Find a project fund that project. 

Speaking of funding campaigns what do think of the Supreme Court decision yesterday on campaign finance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!:
    Caraway, thanks for your response, after my leon thread I didn't think you'd want to talk to me again. So you would like to this economy ride out with no stimulus. I can agree to a point, can they  do a pay as you go stimulus? Find a project fund that project.  Speaking of funding campaigns what do think of the Supreme Court decision yesterday on campaign finance?
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Harley, no two people will agree on everything.  We simply disagree on Leon, although I have turned off my reporting tool per my last response on that thread.  I hold no hard feelings.

With regard to no stimulus, there are alternative approaches, but there is nothing that will produce immediate results sans massive spending.  There are all kinds of incentives that can be given to companies to keep or create jobs.  The problem is in the implementation and monitoring of those incentives.  Conservatives will argue we should provide large tax breaks because businesses will use the money to hire people.  Liberals will say that doesn't work and we can't trust businesses to do that.  The truth is that some companies will, and some won't.  Trying to adjudicate that would be yet another big quagmire.  I'd be in favor of tax breaks and other incentives so long as the data backed up the intent of those incentives at prescribed intervals.  For instance, if you provided tax breaks with the hope that business will get better, resulting in more tax revenue, then that's exactly what must be seen to continue the tax breaks.

With regard to the campaign spending limits ruling by the Supreme Court, it will only increase the misinformation that goes out there.  Take healthcare for example.  BOTH sides of the issue are being disingenuous by cherry picking their facts and distorting the truth.  For example, there are no death panels in the sense that opponents will have you believe.  Likewise, there is no way costs are going to be cut as proponents will have you believe.  It's kinda sad, but many voters have no clue that when you add taxes to businesses, you pay the price in some form or another.  Businesses have profit margins to maintain.  Public corporations have their stock hammered when they fails to meet their targets.  So if the government raises taxes on an industry (like healthcare), they now make less profit, which means one of two things; they reduce costs and/or raise their prices.  If they can't raise their prices per regulation, they will reduce costs.  How?  It depends on the industry.  Sometimes you do so by becoming more efficient.  Often times you reduce employee benefits, send jobs overseas, reduce salaries, use cheaper goods to produce your products, and so on.  Either way, when you raise taxes on any business or industry, you do ultimately pay.  Many voters just can't connect the dots on that unless it's a really simple scenario like increasing taxes on gasoline.  Most voters will understand that leads to more that you have to pay at the pump.  Well it's absolutely the same with every other business too.

The politicians know this too.  But they also know that many voters don't know this.  Therefore they can proclaim to not raise your taxes and make you happy.  They can even publicly proclaim to raise taxes on those evil businesses and also be cheered.  Under their breath they're calling you an idiot for not understanding there is no difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Harley, no two people will agree on everything........ How long have you known my wife dj?...LOL!

I hate the fact that the gov't relies on the stupidity of the people in order to look like there benefiting them.

So tax breaks or stimulus moneys seem to be the only answers....These have been done with success and failure. I agree with more monitoring if that's possible. These two camps work if the businesses  use it correctly (hence the monitoring). Maybe the stimulus money should be paid back at an easy rate. I'll admit I'm over my head here I have no answers and don't understand all that it takes to right the ship. How about we the country like my house....No credit cards or debt, use a debit card or cash pay as I go, pay all bills early, save hard in safe investments, do most of the work (small horse farm) myself and buy American.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You don't need caraway's volumes of books, it's perfectly simple:  get rid of the entire federal government except for the Department of Defense.

And have your state legislature abolish partial-reserve banking. 

Economy and world peace solved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

You do realize that the federal gov't is one of the largest employers in the country.
    and how would abolishing the partial reserve banking solve anything? Please help me understand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

And get rid of all those handicap parking spots while were at it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Harley it would take time but people would find new jobs.  The government doesn't produce anything so those federal employees are already living off the rest of us - when they find new jobs in the private sector (along with all the lawyers and accountants who currently support the government), our country's output of goods and services with real value would increase beyond imagining.

As for banking, it is a historical fact that every great economic recession has coincided with a collapse of the banking system -that's why country "needed" to bail out the banks last year - if they collapsed, the entire economy would have collapsed.  Partial-reserve banking allows banks to create money over and over again, all in the form of debt that they own.  It's a massive system of instability that collapses every 7 or 8 years, and all the regulation and central bank support in the world can't stabilize it.  It has to be abolished.  Andrew Jackson abolished the central bank and paid down the national debt, the only president to do so.  This country needs a new Andrew Jackson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Harley, if I may jump in, I'd suggest this documentary, The Money Masters:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936&ei=6pVaS9bZNpaAlgel-NW5CA&q=money+masters&hl=en#

It details the entire history of fractional reserve lending, going back to the ancient Roman empire.

It details the effort of bankers to take over our money making function ever since 1776. They finally succeeded in 1913, with the creation of the Federal Reserve.

It was passed two days before Christmas, and only 3 corrupt Senators were there to vote for it.

We are not legally allowed to know who owns this private entity which prints our money, sets our interest rates, and is able to lend trillions of dollars of OUR money to the big banks, i.e., themselves.

Last year Bernanke lended several trillion dollars of interest free loans, including to foreign banks. He refuses to tell us who got the money, which is why he's finally having re-confirmation problems now.

The Fed intentionally caused the Great Depression, as even Republican economist Milton Friedman admitted.

The Fed and the powerful American and international bankers that control it have the power to take down any president by manipulating the economy.

Anyway, please check out that documentary, or I'll recomend a shorter, more polished version of the same facts.

I'm more of a progressive, but I would have voted for Ron Paul in a second. He's the only guy who actually wants to audit the Fed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

arodrambone, I'll watch it at work and get back to you. Is Obama wise to fight these guys?  

mighty, so basically the banks make money for themselves then charge everyone else to have and to hold it so to speak..... where do I to get in on that action.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

That's right Harley, the banks have a license to do what no one else can do ... make money.  They don't produce anything of value but make more money than anyone else.  And if you go after them they will destroy you, either with a bullet or through the media (see Spitzer and Blagojevich). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

So Obama is tap dancing on land mine. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

harleyroadking103

Some short answers to your questions...

First thing we have to do is abolish electronic voting; it's voter fraud.  Politicians used to have to move mountains to steal elections, now a company like Diebold can change an outcome with the flip of a switch.

We should tar and feather the special interest, PR and marketing firms hired by corporations to enforce policies favorable to them.  Watch the movie "Thank You For Smoking" and you'll see a portrayal of an industry built to perpetuate the lies of others. 

Moreover people will have to turn off their TV's or get outside info on politicians from the internet or third party independent new organizations; the corporate news channels are obviously PR machines for the establishment and can't be trusted.

3rd party politicians; how many politicians have come and gone who you probably agreed with on most issues only for them to to get "assassinated" in the public forum by these massive PR machine.  Jesse Ventura, Howard Dean, Ralph Nader and Ron Paul for example all had simple, concise ways they would fix the problems we face and all were destroyed by massive smear campaigns the major "news" channels.

Finally... free hemp.

The moment both sides in this country, left/right, conservative/liberal, democrat/republican realize that their representatives in Washington are equally FOS is the moment real change will begin.  We need a revolution with teeth.  Not to be pessimistic, but I don't see it happening, people are too well conditioned, walking through life in a haze. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Why wozzy why? 
    Why can't we have revolution? No more two party elections, no more electoral college. One man one vote on paper counted at your local polling place in front on real voters. So what if it takes a week. Howard Dean for president.

The PR firms just got a huge blank check from the Supreme Court in their decision on campaign finance.

Ugh?  to much on a Saturday to think about I'm going for a ride....on my sledCool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wozzy you have it backwards ... the reason the PR machine exists is to get control over the government ... but if the government didn't have any power than the PR machine wouldn't care about trying to control it and would just try to get us to buy Coke and Iphones.  We can't reduce government by taking away people's freedoms (even the freedom of the media to spin its nonsense).

You may laugh about Spitzer and Blagojevich but they were both anti-bank.  Blago was arrested the day after he shut down the state's business with Bank of America.  I'm not saying they aren't both scumbags, I'm saying there is a reason the only scumbags who are busted are those who challenge the wrong special interests. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Mighty I think we agree and are saying the same thing...

Harley,

Why..?  Because people are more concerned about what the doooshes on Jersey Shore are doing rather than the scumbags in Washington.  They're more concerned about who retains the world wrestling title or who the guy from Twillight is dating. 

In short, people think their duty as an American or as a human ends when they finish voting.  Human nature...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Harley, Obama fully supports the Federal Reserve and it's regressive, solvency threatening policies. It's why he re-nominated Bush's Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, and still supports him. We are pretty f#cked, but education is key. The media will try to continue to divide and conquer us all until all the money is gone, at which point the parasites who rule our destiny will just move to China or somewhere:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/23/business/economy/23fed.html?hp

"By the end of the day, the White House had extracted a statement of support for Mr. Bernanke from the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, who had been noncommittal. Mr. Reid’s statement, issued after the markets closed, was intended to signal that Democrats, backed by some Republicans, could come up with the 60 votes necessary to break a deadlock and reconfirm Mr. Bernanke."

"The White House chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, and Secretary Geithner were both making calls to senators on Mr. Bernanke’s behalf, administration officials said."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Obama making pretty speeches about "fat cat bankers" is just for show. They own his azz.

Watch his actions not his words.

It's just like health care. Obama never wanted a public option, he just jerked us around for 10 months. He wanted what Joe Lieberman wanted the whole time, some symbolic but largely toothless new regulations, and a mandate for 30 million struggling Americans to buy extortionist profiteering health insurance.

The people would face the IRS for enforcement, but the insurance companies would face no enforcement whatsoever at the federal level.

Massachusetts progressives should be proud for seeing through the BS and staying home or voting Brown.

If Obama continues to be a corporatist, at least everybody on the left knows we are at war, and a coalition with right leaning Libertarians and some tea baggers can be formed on key principles like national sovereignty, the deficit, etc.

Abortion and gay marraige are wedge issues that will distract a lot of people, but at the expense of everything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Right wing libertarian here ... willing to form coalition with the left on key principles like sovereignty, the deficit, etc.  and forget about abortion and gay marriage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Right on!

We need to remember our common interests when the CIA starts framing libertarian crimes against progressives, and vice versa.

Dirty tricks will abound, just look at all the countries the CIA have carried out coups in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Pelosi And Reid Team Up For Potential Party Suicide Pact"

http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2010/01/23/pelosi-and-reid-team-up-for-potential-party-suicide-pact/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

What I realize here is that for the last year we have been run by the Politburo... Our press has become the functional equivalent of Pravda, and the gov't has been stealing from us (and our children) to ensure that after they take their cut- the morsels that they give to the middle/lower classes are barely enough to sustain life. 

For a year we have not been the USA- but rather the USSR (lite).  We have a group of Elitists telling us all -you will take what we give you and you will be happy.  We shall take all the fruits of your labor and distribute them the way that WE see fit. 

Polls are not at all worthy of us listening to because "WE" know better than you Peons and Plebes anyhow.  Therefore who gives a hoot about what you people think is right.

We are here giving breaks to other Elitists (Pharma, Lawyers, Unions, and AMA) using the money that we have stolen from you (and your children) to ensure that you guys can never get your way out of poverty. 

What is better for us all is that we are even now making decisions on who shall live and who shall die - via this new entitlement that says YOU CANNOT PAY FOR YOUR OWN SUPERIOR HEALTHCARE - if you do not agree with our Board. 

Some may call that health board a death panel- but we choose to call it a quality selection board.....   Of course some of the survivors of Aushwitz claim they were told that it was just a Mass shower room to clean people after the days in the camp... I guess it all just depends on your outlook. 

I too take great pride in seeing that the people of MA have decided that the seat that was held so long by Mr Kennedy ( a murderer)  is now back in the hands of the people of Massachusetts.  It matters not how you vote4 next time, as much as it does that you wrestled the hold on that seat away from an elitist- whose family told you who to vote for.   If Mr Brown does not do what he said- YOU as voters of MA SHOULD send him packing too....   It is currently (Truly) the people's Senate seat!

WHen the people of a society fear their government THAT IS TYRANNY.....
    When the governors of a people fear their people- THAT IS FREEDOM!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Someone spoke about Tax Cuts for businesses and creation of jobs earlier....

I have often felt this idea could be implemented really easily.....  WHY can't the tax cut be post hiring of the personnel?  That is to say- IF you go and jhire a new person (Getting them off the gov't roles) then at the end of the year when you fill out your business taxes you include their tax info (SSN AMt paid) and we give you the tax break for that year back into your pocket.   The IRS can surely cross check SSN's and taxable numbers and associate them with the EIN of the company claiming the credit.....  A SIMPLE computer program could cross referrence the returns to verify this stuff.

Since we all know that someone would try to defraud the gov't in this case- YOU make the Fine for being caught  50X the credit you would receive for hiring an individual.  SO if you hired someone paying them 25,000 (Just above poverty) then you would get a 5000 credit the first year and it would phase out over the first three years.   IF you got caught defrauding the gov't you would pay 50X the 5000 credit... are their still companies that would try to defraud the gov't in this credit?
    Also there would have to be something that made it so that they could not hire and fire to rehire and get the greater credit... but this is really a "DOABLE" thing given all companies who have a payroll have EIN's, and everyone who is paid has a form of TAX ID #.... and well the taxable income in on every return.

In this way we actually give the tax break to those companies who are helping pull us out of the economic downturn- Not just to everyone who wants to claim them.