Re: I feel a draft..

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Mixed feelings but how can you say no to 4 drfat picks

i they were first rders id say yes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I am sort of embarrased that Neil Diamond is now synonymous with Boston.  Why???  Because the Red Sox want to appease pink hats?

+1 die hard Sox fans hate that song with a passion

I was ready to do away with it for good after 2011, but its here to stay now. Meh, I dunno, I dont hate it as much as I used to. I have to say I appreciate the goodwill that its come to represent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Mixed feelings but how can you say no to 4 drfat picks

we dotn need more jags

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

heard this in 09' when we had 4 2nds too. I'll wait for the picks but sometimes it's better to have the one high level talent then 4 role players

An All Pro tackle is a "role player"?

He was taken with our given pick. They didn't have to move anyone to get him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geek. Show geek's posts

Value chart says we gae 640 to get 659.  Not such a huge bargain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

thats a bit strong but i can relate. 3 gamechangers and a sb.

if we get 7 jags we wont improve as mcuh as the other smart top teams

The Ravens traded down last year and we traded up.  So much for that logic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

In response to enricob's comment:

The Pats will not win another Super Bowl until they stop trading down and instead draft some playmaking studs on defense!

No available player on D that is heads and tails (stud) better than what will be available in the second. 

its not jsut a second low second

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Can't see BB using all those picks.  He now has the flexibility to move up for a desired player or trade for a better pick next year.

the question is if he moves up how much will it cost? You have to judge that move to the value of the 1st rounder. If they use #50 and one of the 3rds to move into the early 40's late 30's you would have essentially traded back 10 spots for a 4th and 7th. Not great value there.

That's right.   When the dust settles even if they move up in the 2nd round it will come with a cost.  I certainly assume they will move up.  #50 is a long way away.  If they have to use the 3rd and #50 to move up to late 30's and see 10 more players leave the board it won't look anything like a steal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

ok - I am a little tired of the excess Belichick love and others bashing.  Minnesota just picked up 3 first rounders.  If the pats had pulled that off everyone would be saying how brilliant it was. 

Remember NFL rosters are limited and most of the players under contract stick.  Teams have 7 draft choices and many/most? don't stick or stick for a short period of time.  The best players year over year end up in the first and second rounds.  Minnesota just took 3. 

I am willing to bet that the pats didn't see value anymore and were able to turn that feeling into extra picks, but remember, there's no guarantee those picks stick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

DT and WR in the 2nd and the rest of the picks are a roll of the dice 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

ok - I am a little tired of the excess Belichick love and others bashing.  Minnesota just picked up 3 first rounders.  If the pats had pulled that off everyone would be saying how brilliant it was. 

Remember NFL rosters are limited and most of the players under contract stick.  Teams have 7 draft choices and many/most? don't stick or stick for a short period of time.  The best players year over year end up in the first and second rounds.  Minnesota just took 3. 

I am willing to bet that the pats didn't see value anymore and were able to turn that feeling into extra picks, but remember, there's no guarantee those picks stick.

Don't let the door hit ya...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Patterson was the third best WR in Tenneesee... Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers were better.

I Like Hunter.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Johnathan Hankins might be the best DT in the draft.  If not Johnathan Jenkins, Jessie Williams and TJ Barnes are right there.  Jamar Taylor is the second best corner in the draft after Trufant, if not Dwayne Gratz, Will Davis, David Amerson and Logan Ryan are all gamers.  Tavon Austin and DeAndre Hopkins are the only good wide receivers to come off the board, the Pats could come away with two or even three WR's to bring to camp...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Two 2's, two 3's... anyone questioning this is looney, especially considering how the draft has fallen so far. There are a lot of great players available at DT, WR and corner.  This was genius. If you didn't hear Rich Eisen laughing when they posted the trade on the screen on the NFL network than you don't see the big picture.

Great Move BB, You Done It Again...Wink....

the 4th rounder is early in the round, was originally lions pick, then to vikings

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I just got in from work. They really got the 52, 83, 102 & 213 for the single 29 pick????

Now they have 5 strong picks in a deep draft, wow!

I have never been more impressed with the Patriots organization than I am right now and who knows maybe they get a sleeper or 2 at 226, 229 and 235!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

They might double dip with CB and WR also Jamie Collins is a wild card

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

If youre tired of hearing all that, then leave this thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Angling to take a DT, trade out again for a higher 2014 pick, then pick a WR with what remains with them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Patterson was the third best WR in Tenneesee... Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers were better.

I Like Hunter.....

i lke hunter

rogers better former tenn

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Can't see BB using all those picks.  He now has the flexibility to move up for a desired player or trade for a better pick next year.

the question is if he moves up how much will it cost? You have to judge that move to the value of the 1st rounder. If they use #50 and one of the 3rds to move into the early 40's late 30's you would have essentially traded back 10 spots for a 4th and 7th. Not great value there.

That's right.   When the dust settles even if they move up in the 2nd round it will come with a cost.  I certainly assume they will move up.  #50 is a long way away.  If they have to use the 3rd and #50 to move up to late 30's and see 10 more players leave the board it won't look anything like a steal.

I agree. At first I thought, wow nice! But then I took a look at how far back that Viking selection is and I thought...well we will need to trade up (and that kills some of that value). We shall see - I do like a lot of the players that will go in the second, but when you are picking so late in the second?? All bets are off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Two 2's, two 3's... anyone questioning this is looney, especially considering how the draft has fallen so far. There are a lot of great players available at DT, WR and corner.  This was genius. If you didn't hear Rich Eisen laughing when they posted the trade on the screen on the NFL network than you don't see the big picture.

Great Move BB, You Done It Again...Wink....

the 4th rounder is early in the round, was originally lions pick, then to vikings

thats good still going to be a long shot to be a plsu plyer never mind a game changer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTPat. Show MTPat's posts

Tired of hearing about Manti

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Good pick Ravens, a need at S, and got a good one. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I agree. At first I thought, wow nice! But then I took a look at how far back that Viking selection is and I thought...well we will need to trade up (and that kills some of that value). We shall see - I do like a lot of the players that will go in the second, but when you are picking so late in the second?? All bets are off.

i knew ow late minn picked.

i like minnis draft (not best)

but i will compare it to what we get