I guess I will put it out there

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I guess I will put it out there

if the Pats win out and capture the #1 seed, is TB the MVP of the league, beating out PManning?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Re: I guess I will put it out there

No.  I love TB, and wouldn't want anybody else QBing this team through tough times, but there's no way he's MVP; maybe not even top 5.  He's had too many hiccups to his game this season, especially the first half of it.

The amazing comebacks are great (and would probably make the best case for TB's candidacy), but in order for the team to be in a position to come back like that, they (and he) had to play terribly for 30+ minutes of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

this is one of those times that there is a diffenence between most oustainding and mvp

i will settle for a SB MVP for some one on the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if the Pats win out and capture the #1 seed, is TB the MVP of the league, beating out PManning?

[/QUOTE]

probably not, he will be overlooked. but who cares, do we want the curse of him being MVP, on the cover of SI, ect.ect.ect.?

i want a SB win

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Manning has had that award sown up for weeks  imo.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Manning will most likely be the unanimous MVP. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

They already put Gomers name on the award. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Brady could steal MVP from Peyton Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2013, 9:21 AM EST

Manning Getty Images

In a year that inevitably will feature Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning bogarting the single-season touchdown pass record from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Brady could return the favor when it’s time to tally the MVP votes.

And here’s where we begin the annual process of pointing out the deep and profound flaws with the “official” awards process to which the Associated Press stubbornly clings.  It’s an all-or-nothing system based on a narrow pool of only 50 voters, most of whom cover only one team and some of whom shouldn’t have a vote for other reasons.

Last year, those 50 voters got it right, giving the MVP to Adrian Peterson after he willed the Vikings to the playoffs and nearly broke the single-season rushing record.  For weeks, most assumed that Manning would win it in a landslide.

This year, that same assumption has applied.  But with the Chargers once again finding a way to bedevil Manning and the Patriots now in position to swipe the No. 1 seed from the Broncos, Brady deserves serious consideration for the honor.

Brady’s stats don’t compare to Manning’s.  But in the only stat that ever really matters — points scored vs. points allowed — Brady’s team could end up surpassing Manning’s.

Taking away the quarterbacks, which team is objectively better?  On offense, it’s undoubtedly Denver.  Brady has been dealing with injuries, inexperience, and at times incompetence.

While Brady’s passing skills arguably have begun to diminish, he now has a chance to do what has been throughout the season unthinkable.  Brady can help the Patriots secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, forcing Manning and company to return to Foxboro for yet another cold-weather elimination game after which Peyton possibly won’t be telling people to shove things where the sun don’t shine.

Last year, Manning had to settle for offensive player of the year.  This year, Manning may end up winning “only” the offensive player of the year award.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not if Peyton breaks the TD record which barring something crazy he will and then some

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If Manning breaks the record (which is inevitable) and comes in second, it will be on a par with Ted Williams hitting .406 and not winning the MVP in 1941. Which I suppose proves it could happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No chance,  but he seriously should be considered. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm just glad we're not Jets fans... really.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

With what TB has had to work with he should be in the talk for MVP.  If he was not the QB for the Pat's would they be 10-3. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

People are desperately confused with what MVP even means. It has been defined here before, but the malady remains.

Again.......

The term is "Most Valuable Player.

The term is not "Most Valuable Player To His Team".

According to the definition evinced by the term, Manning is MVP, and not Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

You can make a case for both:

TB = Most Valuable Player

PM = Most Vain Person

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Nope not this year folks. Old Tommy Boy is just that...... OLD!"

Peyton just as old, clueless one. 

Young QBs aren't always a dream come true - see: RG3. Or your guy. 

I realize you don't have much experience in MVP discussion - leave this thread to Pats fans and stick with where you're comfortable. 

By the way I assume in the Jets forums the conversation has shifted to the NFL draft?

Will you be around these parts after your team loses to Carolina this weekend?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Possible but unlikely. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Possible but unlikely. 

[/QUOTE]

Morning ATJ. Thought I would wave a hand at you...quiet this morning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Nope not this year folks. Old Tommy Boy is just that...... OLD!"

Peyton just as old, clueless one. 

Young QBs aren't always a dream come true - see: RG3. Or your guy. 

I realize you don't have much experience in MVP discussion - leave this thread to Pats fans and stick with where you're comfortable. 

By the way I assume in the Jets forums the conversation has shifted to the NFL draft?

Will you be around these parts after your team loses to Carolina this weekend?

[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, this is hilarious!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way!!

Brady just threw an INT in the endzone to end a game a couple of weeks ago. The pats lost to the Jets and were given the second game to them on a silver platter. The pats were 12 point favorites against the Browns and won the game on a bad call.

Nope not this year folks. Old Tommy Boy is just that...... OLD!

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something snide and sarcastic but I guess we are trying to be nicer to each other here...This is why people here don't take you seriously...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career.htm