I guess the Fan Boy, Haters club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: I guess the Fan Boy, Haters club

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strong run game followed by Play action passing..............sounds familiar, will have to check my old posts to see if maybe I said that............Great day by Brady......Quiet one by The Boy Blunder McDaniels

[/QUOTE]

They had a great gasme plan today. They attacked the steelers weakness in their secondary... the safeties. They attacked the seams and exposed the steelers inability of the steelers safeties to adequately identify and cover the those routes. Brady did today what he has struggled with this year... he made the correct decison on almost every single throw. He is the best i have ever seen at doing this but for a myriad of reasons he has struggled with his decision making this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Strong run game followed by Play action passing..............sounds familiar, will have to check my old posts to see if maybe I said that............Great day by Brady......Quiet one by The Boy Blunder McDaniels

[/QUOTE]

They had a great gasme plan today. They attacked the steelers weakness in their secondary... the safeties. They attacked the seams and exposed the steelers inability of the steelers safeties to adequately identify and cover the those routes. Brady did today what he has struggled with this year... he made the correct decison on almost every single throw. He is the best i have ever seen at doing this but for a myriad of reasons he has struggled with his decision making this year.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  but that myriad of reasons is the vexing part.   Was it just that MCD didnt recognize this was Brady's strength...?  or The dominance of Gronk allowing this mode of attack...?  or Steelers just Blow in htis coverage...?  All of the above?

Reminds me of the undefeated season game against the steelers when Steeler safety 'guaranteed' a win.   Brady just toyed with the safeties and torched them .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Thanks man!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Thanks man!

[/QUOTE]

Bradys expression is curious.   Isn't he mockingly smiling...?   What is he mocking...? My best guess is that he's saying "Its about time...perhaps?"

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My views as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady had 151.8 QBR today, ranks 4th best QBR in a game for his career and he lead the team to scoring 55 points on the Steelers, their highest score allowed ever.

Brady throwing the deep ball, and squeezing it into Gronk on dbl coverage, what a game!

Where is that db Rusty?  First the rkarp fiasco and now Brady having a game like this today.  Rusty has to be hitting his head against a wall right now.  If he is smart he won't be back, ever. 

[/QUOTE]

Says the Jet troll

[/QUOTE]

Why are you calling him a jets troll?

[/QUOTE]

Because he is as mentally challenged as Rusty is.  Oh, and because he doesn't like it when I give constructive criticism to our team.  Oh, no!  I said something truthfully bad about the team so I must be a jets fan.  Or oh, no!  I said something good about the team, it must be my cover for being a jets fan.  Some of these people here are not the sharpest tools in the shed if you know what I mean.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Where is Rusty today?  Would love to hear his take on Brady's game yesterday.  I wonder if any credit will be given?  Not the best weekend for him.  First rkarp owns him then Brady owns him.  meanwhile the entire form continues to own him.  Glorious!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably because he's not confident in his receivers running the expected routes.  With Gronk and Amendola warmed up, things changed.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably because he's not confident in his receivers running the expected routes.  With Gronk and Amendola warmed up, things changed.  

[/QUOTE]

Pro when you watch the coaches tape check out the pressure the Pat's put on the safeties by running deep seam routes. It will be interesting see how many of those they ran and how many they actually  hit on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pro when you watch the coaches tape check out the pressure the Pat's put on the safeties by running deep seam routes. It will be interesting see how many of those they ran and how many they actually  hit on.

[/QUOTE]

Will look.  They actually highlighted the seam routes and their impact on the Steelers' safeties on the TV broadcast (I stayed in Toronto yesterday, so I watched from home).   Polamalu was really struggling with them.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will look.  They actually highlighted the seam routes and their impact on the Steelers' safeties on the TV broadcast (I stayed in Toronto yesterday, so I watched from home).   Polamalu was really struggling with them.  

[/QUOTE]

Although I think Polamalu was a great talent (age and injuries have caught up) I think much of his reputation was built on guessing and taking chances. When the Steeler D was in it's heyday he could get away with being out of position. The D was good enough to cover for that. 

I always felt the reason the Pat's have had good sucess against Pittsburgh throwing the ball was becasue they used the Pittsburgh safeties agressiveness to their advantage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Myriads of Reasons take 1

1.) Seams: Gronkowski, like any great combo-TE, really dominates the seems. This has a reciprocal effect in a concept offense like the Erhardt Perkins. It opens up underneath routes, it draws safeties away from exterior routes, and it clears a path for runners. How manytimes did we see Ridely, Bolden, or Blount get to the second level and find their way into a seem created by Gronk?

2.) Correct decisions: Brady's made mostly correct decisions this season. ESPN has an article about this, stating how presnap, prethrow he has been great. Credit that for the low amount of turnovers this offense has generated, even if they have had trouble punching it in. Since the end of the Saints game Brady's lost some touch on his passes, but the "hand" injury seems to account for some of that. The miscues and tie-ups are three fold. A few have been bad plays by Brady, like anyone always makes: he isn't a machine. Many have been a result of poor decisions by WRs. I can't underscore this enough, they make reads on multiple levels  on every single down too. It's odd that so many give a few rookies the benefit of the doubt ... not odd illogical.  Even if one player is 95% accurate in their decision making, it doesn't and cannot force other players to be that way. Even this week, Dobson broke off one 'go' route too late missing a back shoulder throw, and he turned a 'go' into a 'corner' when it should have been an 'out' route. Because his stable mates are no longer KT (who also made mistakes) and Hooman (who simply doesn't get open), those micues weren't exaggerated. They were lost in the mix of proper execution by most players. This is how you bring mistake prone rookie along; earlier this season NE was forced to play them all at once. It IS a recipe for poor execution from everyone. 

Lastly, the extreme flux in the offensive personell has led to inconsistent groupings. Until this week, this week alone, NE hasn't practiced with and started the same starting group of five position players once all season. They've had to try Develin in for Hooman, Boyce was starting one week, Dobson missed time, and Thomkins at one point (a guy they left off the roster this week) was their #1 target. Only Edelman, who is ok but not great, has been there all season. This isn't turnover, it's flux. And when you are in flux it is difficult enough for WRs/TEs to be on the same page, let alone when those players are rookies who frequently make mistakes as to what page they should even be reading to begin with.

3.) Execution. Yes, Tom was missing some throws in that middle stretch when his hand was (is?) injured. But the sheer number of drops basically kill execution because mistakes downs compound themselves. Just look at the 3 & out sequence from the 3rd yesterday. Run for loss, Edelman drop, unmanageable third and long. If Edelman had held the easy pass, it's a third and short. That was a perpetual cycle early in the season. It was exacerbated in the middle games by injuries, BRady not making the cleanest throws (the INT to Gronk being one throw that was just not sharp and could have been a completion if it's on target). 

The Verdict:

Continuity breeds execution. 

Consider the situation as thus; by the end of the bye week this offensive starting group will, essentially, be coming out of training camp. The offseason attrition, in season injuries, etcetera, have created this scenario. Up until now, it's been backups and people that weren't ready to play. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, this ^

People on this forum complicate it because, well, a few here have an axe to grind. 

There has been zero continuity. This season, before now, has been like an extended training camp, where a few unestablished players really fight it out for reps with the offense as they learn on the fly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.) Seams: Gronkowski, like any great combo-TE, really dominates the seems. This has a reciprocal effect in a concept offense like the Erhardt Perkins. It opens up underneath routes, it draws safeties away from exterior routes, and it clears a path for runners. How manytimes did we see Ridely, Bolden, or Blount get to the second level and find their way into a seem created by Gronk?

2.) Correct decisions: Brady's made mostly correct decisions this season. ESPN has an article about this, stating how presnap, prethrow he has been great. Credit that for the low amount of turnovers this offense has generated, even if they have had trouble punching it in. Since the end of the Saints game Brady's lost some touch on his passes, but the "hand" injury seems to account for some of that. The miscues and tie-ups are three fold. A few have been bad plays by Brady, like anyone always makes: he isn't a machine. Many have been a result of poor decisions by WRs. I can't underscore this enough, they make reads on multiple levels  on every single down too. It's odd that so many give a few rookies the benefit of the doubt ... not odd illogical.  Even if one player is 95% accurate in their decision making, it doesn't and cannot force other players to be that way. Lastly, the extreme flux in the offensive personell has led to inconsistent groupings. Until this week, this week alone, NE hasn't practiced with and started the same starting group of five position players once all season. They've had top try Develin in for Hooman, Boyce was starting one week, Dobson missed time, and Thomkins at one point (a guy they left off the roster this week) was their #1 target. Only Edelman, who is ok but not great, has been there all season. This isn't turnover, it's flux. And when you are in flux it is difficult enough for WRs/TEs to be on the same page, let alone when those players are rookies who frequently make mistakes as to what page they should even be reading to begin with.

3.) Execution. Yes, Tom was missing some throws in that middle stretch when his hand was (is?) injured. But the sheer number of drops basically kill execution because mistakes downs compound themselves. Just look at the 3 & out sequence from the 3rd yesterday. Run for loss, Edelman drop, unmanageable third and long. If Edelman had held the easy pass, it's a third and short. That was a perpetual cycle early in the season. It was exacerbated in the middle games by injuries, BRady not making the cleanest throws (the INT to Gronk being one throw that was just not sharp and could have been a completion if it's on target). 

The Verdict:

Consider the situation as thus; by the end of the bye week this offensive starting group will, essentially, be coming out of training camp. The offseason attrition, in season injuries, etcetera, have created this scenario. Up until now, it's been backups and people that weren't ready to play. 

[/QUOTE]

Add Vereen to the equation and when they go 5 wide they will create the ultimate match-up issues for many defenses. We got a glimpse in pre-season and against Buffalo of how much pressure vereen can put on a D when they split him out wide. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, this ^

People on this forum complicate it because, well, a few here have an axe to grind. 

There has been zero continuity. This season, before now, has been like an extended training camp, where a few unestablished players really fight it out for reps with the offense as they learn on the fly. 

[/QUOTE]

A testament to Brady's excellence is that amid all this lack of continuity, he has still managed to keep his INT% at typical career levels. This shows his ingrained commitment to taking care of that ball, which is perhaps the single greatest hallmark of his superlative career. And that is perhaps the single greatest contributing factor to his remarkable career W/L record. If you take care of that ball, you will win a lot.

The chinese fire drill that has been the passing game has badly truncated his TD%, but picks have not ensued from the chaos as one might expect with a lesser QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

Add Vereen to the equation and when they go 5 wide they will create the ultimate match-up issues for many defenses. We got a glimpse in pre-season and against Buffalo of how much pressure vereen can put on a D when they split him out wide. 

[/QUOTE]

Ted Knight,

It's even more basic than that. 

Outside of the ONE game with Vereen, NE has been without a 3rd down back all season long. Stop and mull that for a minute. A third down back is not optional equipment in 2013. You absolutely need someone who can reliably work himself open and win matchups over the middle and in the flats on 3rd downs. They've tried Bolden, Blount, and Ridely there with mixed results. Consider the fumble in the 3rd quarter. How many times have you seen BRady (and other QBs) make that simple throw to a 3rd down back like Woohead, who simply ducks underneath the Safety and heads upfield. Because it's Ridley, who is too large, not quick/elusive enough (and doesn't possess the ball security too) it turns into a tackle and strip. 

Yes, Vereen is adept at lining up wide. But his impact is going to be far greater as a simple safety valve and open field threat. 

Pray for health on both sides of the ball. 

A strong finishing campaign is what NE needs: to have that they need to beat a very good Carolina defense, in Carolina, then defeat the Broncos in New England. 

Stop and consider this. Complete that, and NE could possibly be vying for homefield throughout the playoffs ... after all those injuries, all that turnover. Astounding. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ted Knight,

Outside of the ONE game with Vereen, NE has been without a 3rd down back all season long. Stop and mull that for a minute. A third down back is not optional equipment in 2013. You absolutely need someone who can reliably work himself open and win matchups over the middle and in the flats on 3rd downs. They've tried Bolden, Blount, and Ridely there with mixed results. Consider the fumble in the 3rd quarter. How many times have you seen BRady (and other QBs) make that simple throw to a 3rd down back like Woohead, who simply ducks underneath the Safety and heads upfield. Because it's Ridley, who is too large, not quick/elusive enough (and doesn't possess the ball security too) it turns into a tackle and strip. 

Yes, Vereen is adept at lining up wide. But his impact is going to be far greater as a simple safety valve and open field threat. 

A strong finishing campaign is what NE needs: to have that they need to beat a very good Carolina defense, in Carolina, then defeat the Broncos in New England. 

Stop and consider this. Complete that, and NE could possibly be vying for homefield throughout the playoffs ... after all those injuries, all that turnover. Astounding. 

[/QUOTE]

Only one caveat to that statement... Talib.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, this ^

[/QUOTE]

A testament to Brady's excellence is that amid all this lack of continuity, he has still managed to keep his INT% at typical career levels. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes. This is the most under discussed aspect of this. Since BB kept Bledsoe on the bench, Tom's defining point of excellence. He simply doesn't make mistakes. OUtside of the phenomenal Aaron Rogers, who has also had the luxury of playing his entire career with 1st rate talent and within the post-Mungy framework, no qualifyign QB has EVER been better at not making mistakes. This season has been no exception. Tom Brady, for all of the shellacking he is receiving here by three or four posters, has an outstanding 1.8 INT%. That is almost a full percentage better than the career mark of QBs like Brees, Manning, etcetera. Despite this "chinese firedrill" he's been remarkably composed in his decision making.

1. Aaron Rodgers (29) 1.7%  2005-2013  gnb 2. Tom Brady (35) 2.0%  2000-2013  nwe 3. Neil O'Donnell 2.1%  1991-2003  4TM 4. Sam Bradford (25) 2.2%  2010-2013  ram 5. Donovan McNabb 2.2%  1999-2011  3TM   Jeff Garcia 2.3%  1999-2011  6TM   Jason Campbell (31) 2.3%  2006-2013  4TM   Joe Flacco (27) 2.3%  2008-2013  rav   Mark Brunell 2.3%  1994-2011  5TM 10. Matt Ryan (27) 2.4%  2008-2013  atl   David Garrard (34) 2.4%  2002-2013  2TM   Shaun Hill (32) 2.4%  2005-2013  3TM   Kent Graham 2.5%  1992-2001  4TM   Steve Bono 2.5%  1985-1999  7TM 15. Rich Gannon 2.5%  1987-2004  4TM   Kyle Orton (30) 2.6%  2005-2013  4TM   Joe Montana+ 2.6%  1979-1994  2TM   Steve Young+ 2.6%  1985-1999  2TM   Matt Schaub (31) 2.6%  2004-2013  2TM 20 Bernie Kosar 2.6%  1985-1996  3TM   Chad Pennington 2.6%  2000-2010  2TM   Philip Rivers (31) 2.6%  2004-2013  sdg   Byron Leftwich 2.6%  2003-2012  4TM   Steve McNair 2.6%  1995-2007  2TM 25 Peyton Manning (36) 2.6%  1998-2013  2TM

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ted Knight,

[/QUOTE]

Only one caveat to that statement... Talib.

[/QUOTE]

Outside of Tom, and possibly Gronk ... Talib is the NE MVP. 

They need him if they want to compete in the playoffs. 

Everyone that makes it there has a WR that you need to remove from the game. He does that brilliantly. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2.) Correct decisions: Brady's made mostly correct decisions this season. ESPN has an article about this, stating how presnap, prethrow he has been great. Credit that for the low amount of turnovers this offense has generated, even if they have had trouble punching it in. Since the end of the Saints game Brady's lost some touch on his passes, but the "hand" injury seems to account for some of that. The miscues and tie-ups are three fold. A few have been bad plays by Brady, like anyone always makes: he isn't a machine. Many have been a result of poor decisions by WRs. I can't underscore this enough, they make reads on multiple levels  on every single down too. It's odd that so many give a few rookies the benefit of the doubt ... not odd illogical.  Even if one player is 95% accurate in their decision making, it doesn't and cannot force other players to be that way. Even this week, Dobson broke off one 'go' route too late missing a back shoulder throw, and he turned a 'go' into a 'corner' when it should have been an 'out' route. Because his stable mates are no longer KT (who also made mistakes) and Hooman (who simply doesn't get open), those micues weren't exaggerated. They were lost in the mix of proper execution by most players. This is how you bring mistake prone rookie along; earlier this season NE was forced to play them all at once. It IS a recipe for poor execution from everyone. 

Lastly, the extreme flux in the offensive personell has led to inconsistent groupings. Until this week, this week alone, NE hasn't practiced with and started the same starting group of five position players once all season. They've had to try Develin in for Hooman, Boyce was starting one week, Dobson missed time, and Thomkins at one point (a guy they left off the roster this week) was their #1 target. Only Edelman, who is ok but not great, has been there all season. This isn't turnover, it's flux. And when you are in flux it is difficult enough for WRs/TEs to be on the same page, let alone when those players are rookies who frequently make mistakes as to what page they should even be reading to begin with.

The Verdict:

[/QUOTE]

Nice take!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice take!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think this thread was probably a poor choice for so much analysis. It looks like a mudslinging thread that derailed into something logical. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Brady played great today, as evidenced by his 151.8 QBR.

Brady played poorly last week, as evidenced by his 69.5 QBR.

Seems pretty simple to understand.

Notice the correlation between last week and this week.  When the offensive "puzzle" pieces fit together and play well, Brady has a good game or better.  But, if his supporting cast does not play well, his stats suffer.  He had all sorts of open receivers yesterday when we hardly saw much of this in prior weeks and they were catching the ball yesterday.  Paraphrasing what Gisselle said:  Tom can't throw the ball and catch it at the same time.".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Verdict:

[/QUOTE]

Nice take!

[/QUOTE]

nice if you like a lot of words that don't say anything... then state the obvious. 

Continuity breeds execution...  Hmmm thats profound.  lol.

The myriad cannot be explained by something so obvious as continuity.  cmon , man youre insulting your own intelligence.  THe myriad is more like an enigma.  A funk,  a conundrum that resides in the brains of one Tom Brady and partner Josh MCD.

AS in the creative genius and the skilled craftsman.  OR the lack thereof. plus the contributions of a couple of Binkies.  Namely, Gronk and DA.

Brady and McD did not perform well at all for 8 games and the results were obvious.. 115 yards passing last week...?  After 8 weeks this is what you put out...?  Yikes ...  Apperently it was a huge wake up call.

Put out or get out... MCD.   What was the result ...?  An attacking play action game plan similar to the defense's aggressive gameplan in the second half of Miami game.   Excellent hand faking and quickness by Brady getting into throwing position and delivering the ball on time.  Recievers getting open since the play action and aggressive route running loosened up the coverage scheme but THE KEY WAS BRADY...!   He was the one executing.  Finally.  Coupled with this aggressive playcalling, Brady was in his element.  Being the competitive animal that he is ,  This gameplan suited him perfectly.  He throws effectively down the seams and you could see the quickness in his dropbacks.  This was clearly something he must have worked on last week .  It was like night and day.  HIs vision and recognition was excellent.  Getting back quicker gave him more perceived time to see the field.  This resulted in him looking off polamalu and hitting Amendola wide open.  Curiously, Dobson was also open on his out and up route on the same side on that touchdown.

Of course Zbull will explain that the receivers finally made the right read... yup sure , got it. This was play design and execution with 2 OUt and up routes and 2 seam routes flooding the deep zones.  Brady looked off POllyhairdo and Hit DA.  Congrats to MCD for this play design and call.

This aggressive gameplan is what produced the results , not continuity,  lol.  Continuity would have put out another vanilla product with Brady running around for his life while defenses feed on the repeated tendencies of non imagination.